Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bond's Top 8 in the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8.) Prestonsburg (10-4) Top team in 57th district. Will play South Floyd in district opener. Junior Rikki Hughes leading a good group from the plate.

7.) Belfry (7-17) Group returns to the list for the second time of season with impressive win over Prestonsburg (15-0) Talented group a # 1 seed that takes one of the 8 spots in regionals !!

6.) Paintsville () Good experience in the All A and could have won the game against district favorite Lawrence County (1-2). Face off against county rival Johnson Central in districts.

5.) Shelby Valley (11-7) Tough week for defending regional champs !! Fleming one of area's better athletes leads a group that still can win a regional championship.

4.) Pikeville () First year coach Nikki Cole has the team in top 4 despite programs lost to Gooch and Colvin who could have helped UK women's team but elected not to play at the collegiate level.

3.) East Ridge ( 13-9) 2-3 on the week yet, traveled to Lawrence County to take on a tough two days of competition. A team that has punched the ticket to the regionals....

2.) Johnson Central (12-9) A team that is playing better as of late, two big wins on the road against Pike County's best in Shelby Valley and East Ridge. Solid group from 1-9.

1.) Lawrence County (18-10) A team that has came into the region for two years and now find themselves a top of the regional ratings for the upcoming last week of regular season play. Impressed with Horn behind the plate. Team solid pick for regional final four.

I can't wait to pick my all Bond team.
I like this pick, but it could be anybody's title to win. Can't wait to see who's standing tall when the dust clears!
Great picks as usual. I notice Magoffin has fell out of the top 8. This is a young team who has had a lot of injuries this season but the injuries gave a lot of young players some valuable playing experience. Lead by Senior shortstop Michaela Howard the Lady Hornets have pieced together a pretty good year with the schedule they had to play. Coach Skaggs will have this team ready to roll in the district and next season.
lawrence plays shelby valley saturday 5/19 in a doubleheader at louisa.this will tell a lot.