Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeff Gordon wins Dodge Avenger 500 at Darlington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hendrix bunch is perfect 5 for 5 in the C-O-T races...Gordon wins for 3rd time in last 4 races. He and LeTart have been pretty much unbeatable recently. Denny Hamlin leads 179 laps, finishes second. Jimmie Freakin Johnson finishes 3rd. Newman 4th, Edwards 5th.
Is anyone else besides me getting tired of seeing Hendrick drivers win all the dang time. Im startin to think NASCAR is rigged for Hendrick to win every frickin race. NASCAR is supposed to be an even playing field, every car is supposed to be the same, but yet Hendrick seems to dominate every week. Something is rotten in the state of NASCAR.
^^ I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same if your favorite driver was winning all the races. The playing field is even, a ford (Hamlin) lead the most laps. The best drivers usually prevail in the end, not the cars. Keep in mind Gordon's engine was laps from blowing up. And if you think the events are rigged like the crybaby Tony Stewart, just stop watching the races.
And if they where rigged, why not rig it for the most liked driver, Dale Jr. Things in nascar have changed, and yes they do want the most popular drivers to succeed, thats why the changed the number of participants in the Chase.
In no way is NASCAR rigged for Hendrick Motor Sports. Saying that is like saying MLB is rigged for the Yankees. Hendrick is hot right now, winning 9 of the last 10 races. They simple have the best minds and drivers in the drivers seat and crew chief seat, along with having some REAL good luck recently.

Also, Jeff Gordon will surpass Dale Sr. very soon. Whether NASCAR fans like it or not, Gordon is the Gretzky of NASCAR.
Hamlin drives a Chevy, just like the Hendrix guys..I dont think its rigged either, and I agree with you that they have the best minds and drivers, as well as the best equipment in NASCAR, but I agree with Sportsfan too, that Im getting tired of seeing them win every week. As long as Johnson dont win, Im actually OK with Gordon winning, lol..
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:^^ I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same if your favorite driver was winning all the races. The playing field is even, a ford (Hamlin) lead the most laps. The best drivers usually prevail in the end, not the cars. Keep in mind Gordon's engine was laps from blowing up. And if you think the events are rigged like the crybaby Tony Stewart, just stop watching the races.
hard to believe but they are hot right now.
I stand corrected. I guess I was picturing Kenseth since he is the only non chevy driver to win this year.
Gordon already passed Dale Sr. and Hendrick has won 8 out of the 11 races this season, not 9 of the last 10. But you should have known that since you know everything right!!!! But like TidesHoss said, I can handle Gordon winning as long as Johnson doesnt win. But I almost guarantee that if a Hendrick car hadnt been leading that race when that car started smokin and was going off the track, that a caution would have been thrown to help a Hendrick car out. I guess im the only one that sees it and has the guts to say anything, u can say its ridiculous all u want, but it makes sense.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Gordon already passed Dale Sr. and Hendrick has won 8 out of the 11 races this season, not 9 of the last 10. But you should have known that since you know everything right!!!! But like TidesHoss said, I can handle Gordon winning as long as Johnson doesnt win. But I almost guarantee that if a Hendrick car hadnt been leading that race when that car started smokin and was going off the track, that a caution would have been thrown to help a Hendrick car out. I guess im the only one that sees it and has the guts to say anything, u can say its ridiculous all u want, but it makes sense.

Well I apologize that Fox gave me the wrong information yesterday while watching the race by telling me Hendrick had won 9 out of the last 10.

Your support for the conspiracy theory among NASCAR just makes me laugh.

Of course, NASCAR bought the caution and made sure that a caution happened at the exact right time to make it benefit Hendrick. It also goes to show something that Hendrick is always in the right place at the right time, probably a combination of luck and skill.

(^I hope you like sarcasm)

You might as well say that NASCAR has all the cars on remote controls and speeds them up and slows them down according to who they want to win. Great conspiracy theory...Rolleyes

Oh, and Gordon has not passed Dale Sr. in everything. According to Fox yesterday Dale Sr. had won at Darlington 9 times, and prior to winning yesterday Gordon had won 6 times, that's mainly what I was referring to.
Well be more specific next time, and whats so wrong with my conspiracy theory. Stuff like that happens in every sport, have u never heard of gambling. People pay off athletes and owners and other types of sports people all the time. Why couldnt it happen in NASCAR. Hell the way this world is, it wouldnt surprise me at all. A team that is as lucky or skilled as u say, cant be like that every race. Hendrick has a car in the top 5 every week, or so it seems. Now i know and anyone should know, that even the best drivers of all time werent that dominating or consistent. If there isnt any conspiracy then there is some major cheating going on behind the Hendrick doors. They could be paying off NASCAR to look the other way. I dont remember who said it earlier but no i would not want to see my favorite driver win all the time, it gets boring. I just like to see great racing action as much as the next fan, who wants to see the same people winning all the time. Sooner or later it will turn the fans off to racing. To tell the truth, im not that big of a fan, but im still a fan and have every right to say what i want.
The same driver isn't winning every time. Just members of the same team pretty much. Each of these drivers have different crews, they are just simply backed by the same money. So it's not anywhere near the same as if the Yankees were winning every game...if I can relate it to that.

I don't see how this is making the sport any more boring. I have actually gained more interest in it this year because of what's happening.

Again, you have absolutely nothing to support your conspiracy theory, so until you can come up with a coherent thought about that, other than the "other sports do it" mentality, in no way will I even consider that there is cheating going on in NASCAR.
Since this thread has been taken so far off topic I thought I would share a comment I heard on Sirius radio today about Robby Gordon.

He has hit everyone in the field except the pace car. That's only because he has never gotten close to it.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Is anyone else besides me getting tired of seeing Hendrick drivers win all the dang time. Im startin to think NASCAR is rigged for Hendrick to win every frickin race. NASCAR is supposed to be an even playing field, every car is supposed to be the same, but yet Hendrick seems to dominate every week. Something is rotten in the state of NASCAR.

I don't think that it has anything to do with being rigged. I think that Chevrolet has figured things out that Ford, Dodge and Toyota have missed the Boat on. Look at Mark Martin he has been running mediocre for the past few years in Roush Fords and they put him in a Chevy belonging to a small team and look at what he did early in the season. As much as it pains me to say he took a Hendrick Busch car and almost won the race running for a team that he has never driven for before.
Yeah and that was early in the season when Martin was doing something, in a chevrolet, now its farther into the season and he hasnt done anything. No other Chevy has besides Hendrick. If that doesnt say something then I dont know what does. We will see how ya feel when no one else in a Chevy wins this season besides Hendrick. If someone in a chevy wins other than them then I will admit I was wrong. I will however say that Hendrick drivers will have the most wins of any other team for the whole season.