Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Sweeps Jeffersontown Gaslight Bash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the first game Paintsville defeated former #11 ranked Lousville Butler 10-4. Shane Grimm pitched excellent for the Tigers, and Kyle Sublett went 4-4 with 3 doubles, and a bunch of rbi's.
In the second game the Tigers defeated Green Co. 4-0. Johnathon "Wasper" Miller went the distance and shut out Green Co. The bats weren't too hot in this game, but Miller pitched excellent.
In the last game, the Tigers defeated the host team, Jeffersontown, 7-5. Josh Watkins pitched an astounding 5 innings, allowing 2 hits, but had some control problems, allowing 2 earned runs. Daniel Pugh came in to pitch, after his suspension, and threw the ball great. Pugh also hit the game tying homerun in the top of 6th inning to deep right field. After that, the Tigers pounded the ball.
Congrats to the Tigers on the great weekend in Louisville. They are now 25-3 on the season, and have proven that they are the best team in the mountains.
CONGRATS TIGERS!!!! Way to go!
Atta Boys!!!
Wish I could have stayed to see the finish!!!
Who got Most outstanding player???
I figured Grimm or Sublett.
Why was Pugh suspended?
That is pretty awesome and they are without a doubt the best team in the mountains or so it appears that way. But Butler isn't ranked in the top 25 anymore. I assume Paintsville will take a big jump in the rankings next week.
Congrats Tigers
alfus21 Wrote:That is pretty awesome and they are without a doubt the best team in the mountains or so it appears that way. But Butler isn't ranked in the top 25 anymore. I assume Paintsville will take a big jump in the rankings next week.
Paintsville is ranked 17th right now. With a win over Belfrey on Tue. could put them knocking on the top ten door.
bball fan Wrote:Why was Pugh suspended?

He wasn't really suspended. He was ejected from Friday night's game and had to sit the first game today. He was ejected for trying to railroad the catcher.
Great job boys, wish I coulda been there.
The Guru Wrote:Atta Boys!!!
Wish I could have stayed to see the finish!!!
Who got Most outstanding player???
I figured Grimm or Sublett.

I know Grimm got the win on the first night, and Subby was perfect at the plate with 3 extra base hits and a handful of RBI's but what did they do in the 2nd and 3rd games to help their case for Most Outstanding Player? I figured it would be Pugh, with him coming in to pitch bringing the Tigers from behind for the win against J-town while helping his cause with a dinger. I mean I know he sat out the second and game only had one at bat in the first one but that's a mighty fine performance.
Pugh could be a strong candidate. but missing nearly 2 games doesn't give much to vote on. I had heard that Grimm got 3 hits in the second game also that Sublett had a hit or 2, I know that Subby had an RBI hit against Jtown in the first inning, just IMO that anyone with 6-7 hits and around that many RBI's would be a hefty pick, as well as Grimm's perfomance on the hill and plate.
The Guru Wrote:Pugh could be a strong candidate. but missing nearly 2 games doesn't give much to vote on. I had heard that Grimm got 3 hits in the second game also that Sublett had a hit or 2, I know that Subby had an RBI hit against Jtown in the first inning, just IMO that anyone with 6-7 hits and around that many RBI's would be a hefty pick, as well as Grimm's perfomance on the hill and plate.

Well I was told that the trophy and the plaque (I'm assuming MVP) was silently handed to Coach Howard. So I don't know what the issue was if any but there was no hoop-la made in honoring the Tigers.
People just don't like to be beat by us mountain boys! lol
Congrats Paintsville. Great Trip... Good Friends... Good Fun...
The Blue Blur Wrote:Well I was told that the trophy and the plaque (I'm assuming MVP) was silently handed to Coach Howard. So I don't know what the issue was if any but there was no hoop-la made in honoring the Tigers.

I saw several J-Town parents and players admiring the hardware befor the game. Maybe they really didn't want to give it up!
Congrats Paintsville!!!
The Guru Wrote:I saw several J-Town parents and players admiring the hardware befor the game. Maybe they really didn't want to give it up!

That must be what it was Guru. But I mean if there were an MVP trophy, it wasn't handed out to my knowledge. Maybe it's best that it's like that, the Tigers are a team of great individuals, not great individuals making a team.
the mbp was gave to the team. they won the games as a team. everyone did something. no1 got the mvp...but if anyone it wouldve been grimm...he went 9-10 from the plate and pitch awesome...
DB3 Wrote:the mbp was gave to the team. they won the games as a team. everyone did something. no1 got the mvp...but if anyone it wouldve been grimm...he went 9-10 from the plate and pitch awesome...
I had heard that it was given to the team, That's cool!!!
Hey DB3.....What night do you get to take it home? I think Jake gets it June 3rd.
The Guru Wrote:I had heard that it was given to the team, That's cool!!!
Hey DB3.....What night do you get to take it home? I think Jake gets it June 3rd.

idk... i didnt kno we get to take it home. but if we do i guess its cool...