Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville/Johnson Central 57th Dist. matchup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK folks, Here we go!!!

I feel sure Fyffe will be on the hill for the Eagles. Paintsville can go with Grimm or Watkins.

IMHO, whoever wins this one will win because of great pitching and great defense. I don't look for either team to put up many runs.

We all know that Fyffe's pitching will be there. But will Paintsville be able to take advantage on any miscues???
Will the Eagles catch a Tiger pitcher on an off night???
Time will tell.

I do however believe that the winner goes to Applebee's Park in June!

Good luck to both teams...

I am pulling for my Tigers!!!!
3-1
When and where will this game take place? To me this game is a toss-up. Pville hasn't seen Fyffe this year and will catch him at his best IMO because he doesn't want to go home early. Paintsville on the other hand will come into the game on a tear, lighting up scoreboards across the state. I agree with GURU in that this will be about defense and pitching and if I had to go by that Fyffe is my man. 4-2 JC.
eaglehoops Wrote:When and where will this game take place? To me this game is a toss-up. Pville hasn't seen Fyffe this year and will catch him at his best IMO because he doesn't want to go home early. Paintsville on the other hand will come into the game on a tear, lighting up scoreboards across the state. I agree with GURU in that this will be about defense and pitching and if I had to go by that Fyffe is my man. 4-2 JC.
May 22, Mag. Co.
Don't know the time.
I am not sure Fyffe has had 4 runs in support this year!!! Seems like if he gives up a run, he stands a good chance of losing.
But Fyffe will be tops on the mound in this one imo.
This is going to be a great game and an even more interesting game if it is a night game.Because Magoffin has horrible lights and with Matt throwing 91 and Grimm or Watkins throwing we may not see much hitting. JC will be throwing Fyffe. P-ville hasnt seen Fyffe. JC has seen both Grimm and Watkins. I dont know this will come down to the wire the Question is Which JC team will show up. But i am going to go with my hart on this one and flip flop The Guru score JC 3 P-ville 1.
Good luck both teams and whoever wins i will be cheering for them the rest of the tournament.
Go EAGLES!!!!!
Hate to see these two play in the first round. Both teams have outstanding young men representing their schools and some fine athletes on both sides. It is a shame that one group will be sent home early, but on the brighter side, glad to see that the district will be seeded next season.
You've got that one right! It IS a shame both teams must meet in the first round... I heard they've voted to "seed" for next year. That's good for next yeart, but crummy for 2007! Good Luck to both teams!
GRIZZ Wrote:Hate to see these two play in the first round. Both teams have outstanding young men representing their schools and some fine athletes on both sides. It is a shame that one group will be sent home early, but on the brighter side, glad to see that the district will be seeded next season.
when will they start seeding it is sad to see this every year 2 of the best teams in the state it is not right for one to be gone in first round of district.
WHOA!!! Go EAGLES!!! I got this gut feeling we're going to win in a blow out, Fyffe will have their number.
Hard Hitter Wrote:This is going to be a great game and an even more interesting game if it is a night game.Because Magoffin has horrible lights and with Matt throwing 91 and Grimm or Watkins throwing we may not see much hitting. JC will be throwing Fyffe. P-ville hasnt seen Fyffe. JC has seen both Grimm and Watkins. I dont know this will come down to the wire the Question is Which JC team will show up. But i am going to go with my hart on this one and flip flop The Guru score JC 3 P-ville 1.
Good luck both teams and whoever wins i will be cheering for them the rest of the tournament.
Go EAGLES!!!!!

JC seen Grimm as a reliever, they haven't seen him as a started when he actually has time to warm up. Not only that, JC didn't touch Grimm when the seen him. But you're right, with the poor lighting at MC, shouldn't expect a very high scorin game.