Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any word on the 57th Dist. Draw?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It took place at 11:30 a.m.
jus got word..................................lawrence vs. sheldon clark in play-in. paintsville-johnson central in other. the hornets drew out first round bye.
This is a CROCK. One of the Top teams in the Region won't even be there. Because a team that DOES NOT deserve the place of a #1 seed gets lucky with a draw. Wosrt team in the District gets a bye. Rediculous.
Hate the "draw" idea also, this is what happens. Well maybe now we will get see a REAL game between Pville and JC!!
That's the luck of the draw, but what's the complaint about one of the best teams not even making it into the region? Even if we seeded, a couple of the best teams would have not made it into the region. Go out and play and stop the griping about Magoffin Co. not deserving their spot in the tournament. No they have not won a District game, but heck fire man, look at this district. Absolutely no other district in the State of Ky. has a district like this. If the Hornets would somehow manage to "upset" either Sheldon Clark or Lawrence Co. I think that is reason enough for them to make it into the Region. I'm not saying they will do so, but at least give them a cance to play first. Geez, Man CHILL!!!!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:jus got word..................................lawrence vs. sheldon clark in play-in. paintsville-johnson central in other. the hornets drew out first round bye.

Sorry dude, thats not how it works...not 2 play in games....One play in game. Im ASSUMING you mean SC Vs. LC i nthe play in game. Winner of that one takes on Magoffin County...JC Vs. Pville in thew other semifinal...

Winner of SC/LC Vs. Magoffin

Vs.

Winner of JC Vs. Pville
FWIW, the draw is OK in my book, I mean look what happened last year. SC gets in the Play in game, fights their way through LC and JC to make the regional tourny, and win the whole thing! Worst possible draw last year, and SC still wins the region. Just go out and take care of business on the field, dont worry about who youre playing, and win the dang thing.
The bad news is that one of the top two teams will not make it to region.
the good news is that My Tigers will just have to beat the Eagles once, instead of both in the District finals and Region finals!!!:p
LC's Keaton, joined Johnson Central and Paintsville in voting to seed next year. MC and SCHS then folled suit!
Last year for this nonsense!!
Seeding rewards the teams that go out and take care of business during the entire season.

Seeding has long been needed.
I'm glad the 57th finally went that route beginning next year.
Pitiful, just pitiful. That's all I can say. The only reason Keaton went to the draw next year is because he thinks he has the team to beat. It's a same someone can dictate like that, I still say for the future, the KHSAA needs to make seeding mandatory.
Since when is 1 vote "dictating"?
The Guru Wrote:The bad news is that one of the top two teams will not make it to region.
the good news is that My Tigers will just have to beat the Eagles once, instead of both in the District finals and Region finals!!!:p

That works two ways Guru.Big Grin
state 1 Wrote:Hate the "draw" idea also, this is what happens. Well maybe now we will get see a REAL game between Pville and JC!!

I thought the Blanton vs. Watkins game was about as good as they get.Rolleyes
Dawg@heart Wrote:Since when is 1 vote "dictating"?

Well in baseball as long as I can remember in 57th district. You've always had JC and Paintsville voting for seeding and MC and SC voting for the draw. If MC or SC would've voted the other way it would "DICTATE" the 57th to seed. LC arrives last year, votes to draw. Voted to draw for two years, Keaton changes his mind because he thinks he has the team to beat next year and his vote causes the 57th to seed now. If he decides that he would rather draw again in 2009, his vote would again cause the draw to occur. That's how one vote dictates, whether the 57th seeds or draws.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I thought the Blanton vs. Watkins game was about as good as they get.Rolleyes

Are you serious?? We've seen Grimm now, they haven't gotten to see our ace Fyffe. With Fyffe on the hill for us, I really, really like our chances. I smell a regional title this year for the Golden Eagles.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Are you serious?? We've seen Grimm now, they haven't gotten to see our ace Fyffe. With Fyffe on the hill for us, I really, really like our chances. I smell a regional title this year for the Golden Eagles.
Yeah Im real serious. The statement was that a real game was yet to be seen. I dont think that it is possible to throw much better than what Justin threw. He totally dominated every batter he faced. He struck every Paintsville batter out at least one time. It was not his fault that JC did not give him any run support. Geez, he struck 15 guys out, what more did you expect him to do. It will take a monumental effort for Fyffe or any other pitcher to match what Blanton did. That was one of the best pitched games I have ever seen anyone throw. The first runner that scored for Paintsville only made it on base because the second baseman did not cover the bag on Humphries bunt allowing him to reach 1st base. If that runner never makes it to first base, Paintsville dont score. Central would have won the game in regulation 1-0 if the second baseman hadn't went to sleep. I think that game will go down as one of the all time Johnson Central/ Paintsville classics.

This seeing your ace stuff is way over-rated. Charlie Adkins always threw Chaz Harman against JC in the regular season but they could not beat him in the regular season or the district. He threw Josh LeMaster in the regular season, and Central could not beat him in the regualr season or the district either. Yeah we saw Grimm, but keep in mind we did not hit him either. Those runs were all charged to Pugh. I thought that Grimm looked pretty good after the first couple of batters. He walked one run in after Pugh loaded the bases and had one wild pitch that allowed another to score.After that he wasn't touched.
Here's the deal. P-ville is 2-0 against J C . Don't mean squat. Paintsville has a better hitting and a better defense than J C. The haven't seen Fyffe this year or any one that throws like Matt does. Does this give J C an advantage ? NO not really, because P-ville will put the ball in play against any pitcher out there. This puts all the pressure on J C.
J C has to play alost a flawless game on defense, and we all know that they haven't had a game like that all year. Pressure is on J C .
Now , Matt Fyffe is as good a pitcher (this year) as I have seen since Randy Daniel when he pitched for P-ville in the late 70's. That being said it's a new season come District Tourney time. Good Luck to both teams, I'm taking my Tigers in this one simply because Matt hasn't won the big one this year.............
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah Im real serious. The statement was that a real game was yet to be seen. I dont think that it is possible to throw much better than what Justin threw. He totally dominated every batter he faced. He struck every Paintsville batter out at least one time. It was not his fault that JC did not give him any run support. Geez, he struck 15 guys out, what more did you expect him to do. It will take a monumental effort for Fyffe or any other pitcher to match what Blanton did. That was one of the best pitched games I have ever seen anyone throw. The first runner that scored for Paintsville only made it on base because the second baseman did not cover the bag on Humphries bunt allowing him to reach 1st base. If that runner never makes it to first base, Paintsville dont score. Central would have won the game in regulation 1-0 if the second baseman hadn't went to sleep. I think that game will go down as one of the all time Johnson Central/ Paintsville classics.

This seeing your ace stuff is way over-rated. Charlie Adkins always threw Chaz Harman against JC in the regular season but they could not beat him in the regular season or the district. He threw Josh LeMaster in the regular season, and Central could not beat him in the regualr season or the district either. Yeah we saw Grimm, but keep in mind we did not hit him either. Those runs were all charged to Pugh. I thought that Grimm looked pretty good after the first couple of batters. He walked one run in after Pugh loaded the bases and had one wild pitch that allowed another to score.After that he wasn't touched.

You must have missed the game before Justin's 15 K perfomance when Fyffe, 20 K Rowan Co. in a losing effort. Not seeing the ace stuff is not overrated. When you've not seen that pitchers stuff before it makes him harder to be hit. I still like our chances, I think we have the best shot at winning districts and regional. GO EAGLES!!!
kyrifle Wrote:Here's the deal. P-ville is 2-0 against J C . Don't mean squat. Paintsville has a better hitting and a better defense than J C. The haven't seen Fyffe this year or any one that throws like Matt does. Does this give J C an advantage ? NO not really, because P-ville will put the ball in play against any pitcher out there. This puts all the pressure on J C.
J C has to play alost a flawless game on defense, and we all know that they haven't had a game like that all year. Pressure is on J C .
Now , Matt Fyffe is as good a pitcher (this year) as I have seen since Randy Daniel when he pitched for P-ville in the late 70's. That being said it's a new season come District Tourney time. Good Luck to both teams, I'm taking my Tigers in this one simply because Matt hasn't won the big one this year.............

It's hard to beat any team three times in one year.
kyrifle Wrote:Now , Matt Fyffe is as good a pitcher (this year) as I have seen since Randy Daniel when he pitched for P-ville in the late 70's. .
Better than Willie Blair?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Better than Willie Blair?

During his High School career? Yes.

I believe Randy won 45 games during his HS career.
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:You must have missed the game before Justin's 15 K perfomance when Fyffe, 20 K Rowan Co. in a losing effort. Not seeing the ace stuff is not overrated. When you've not seen that pitchers stuff before it makes him harder to be hit. I still like our chances, I think we have the best shot at winning districts and regional. GO EAGLES!!!

I can just about assure you that I have not missed a game in several years, yeah I saw that one. Can you say that. He also gave up 4 hits against a team that Paintsville hits about 10 times better than. The 15 K performance against a team like Paintsville to me is a little more impressive than 20 K's against a team that Paintsville beat handily twice.

Hey were are on the same side , so dont think I'm not being supportive here. It is just impossible to say that the effort that Blanton performed is not just about flawless. Again he should have came out the winner in that game 1-0. Now all of a sudden , that is not good enough and someone can do better.

And for the over-rated ace part, Charlie Adkins proved that wrong time and time and time again.
This thread is about the 57th dist draw.

Please get back on topic....Any off topic discussions are welcome in their own thread.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah Im real serious. The statement was that a real game was yet to be seen. I dont think that it is possible to throw much better than what Justin threw. He totally dominated every batter he faced. He struck every Paintsville batter out at least one time. It was not his fault that JC did not give him any run support. Geez, he struck 15 guys out, what more did you expect him to do. It will take a monumental effort for Fyffe or any other pitcher to match what Blanton did. That was one of the best pitched games I have ever seen anyone throw. The first runner that scored for Paintsville only made it on base because the second baseman did not cover the bag on Humphries bunt allowing him to reach 1st base. If that runner never makes it to first base, Paintsville dont score. Central would have won the game in regulation 1-0 if the second baseman hadn't went to sleep. I think that game will go down as one of the all time Johnson Central/ Paintsville classics.

You are right, Justin did throw a great, nearly flawless, game, didn't want to suggest anything differently. I just think with Matt on the mound, there will be more of an intimidation factor in the game, and I think the younger JC defensive team is due to step up and give him the support he deserves. I also think they will get the bats going (scored 12 runs in their last game).

I'm sure they will see lots of left handed (Grimm like) pitching before the game. It's going to be hard for Pville to prepare for Matt's 90+ fastball.

I'm going with JC over Pville.......2-0
A good Jugs pitching machine will get them ready for the velocity of Fyffe's fastball, but not neccessarily the movement on it. Going to be a good one.