Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 21, Pikeville 20 (1A Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final in a classic. Shame either team had to lose.
Final. What a game.
What a game. Listened to the whole thing. And it needs to be said, Billy white shoes is a magician callin plays from the booth.
Great great game!!!

Prayers for those injured.

Congratulations to both teams. Wonderful championship game!
Sophomore QB for Beechwood Cameron Hergott will be a super star And Highlands lost him
One heck of a game. Congratulations to Beechwood on the Championship. Pikeville has nothing to hang their head about. These two teams were about even.
Proud of the Panthers, they battled to the end. When you lose to a great program like Beechwood all you can do is tip your hat.

Even though without Beechwood in Class A Pikeville's road to a title will become easier but I hate too see the Tigers leave Class A, then again I personally wish the Panthers would get their enrollment up enough to be AA.

Great season for both teams and congrats Beechwood on another state championship.
Great job pikeville , game a lot closer than I thought . Great year as well
Recovered onside kick, fumble, interception, blocked XP will be the story of this game, but to me the tale of the tape comes down to depth. Pikeville losing Hensley was a killer, and Beechwood's defensive line being fresh on Pikeville's last two drives was the nail in the coffin as they only rushed three on the interception and were still able to pressure the throw from Roberts.

This was an excellent game to watch. Hats off to both teams for laying it all out there.
PHSFAN Wrote:Proud of the Panthers, they battled to the end. When you lose to a great program like Beechwood all you can do is tip your hat.

Even though without Beechwood in Class A Pikeville's road to a title will become easier but I hate too see the Tigers leave Class A, then again I personally wish the Panthers would get their enrollment up enough to be AA.

Great season for both teams and congrats Beechwood on another state championship.

With the way Pikeville is growing it can’t be far off!!
Wow! Sounds like it was one heck of a game with either team having an equal opportunity to win! Disappointed that I missed it! Congrats to both teams!
Great 1st game.. I had picked 24-21 beechwood... 5pts off not too bad.. pikeville passing game was pretty good.. they should stick with it the whole game... that's the way we used to beat beechwood.. #4 was wide open on that last interception play for pikeville.. shame he didn't see him..
PHSFAN Wrote:Proud of the Panthers, they battled to the end. When you lose to a great program like Beechwood all you can do is tip your hat.

Yeah I would like to see you guys, Hazard, Raceland, and Paintsville all make the jump to 2A and then it would be just like the "old" 4 class 1A. As it is right now, even with Beechwood making the jump, 1A and 2A will both be watered down next year.
Congratulations to Beechwood on your championship, and Pikeville on a great season.
RoShamBo Wrote:Yeah I would like to see you guys, Hazard, Raceland, and Paintsville all make the jump to 2A and then it would just be like the "old" 4 class 1A. As it is right now, even with Beechwood making the jump, 1A and 2A will both be watered down next year.

I would love too see the return of the 4 class system, but that's not happening unfortunately.

2A should not be near as watered down as 1A next year, or this year for that matter but just my opinion.
PHSFAN Wrote:I would love too see the return of the 4 class system, but that's not happening unfortunately.

2A should not be near as watered down as 1A next year, or this year for that matter but just my opinion.

It won't be as bad since we're adding Beechwood, but losing CAL and DeSales will still weaken it overall.
RoShamBo Wrote:It won't be as bad since we're adding Beechwood, but losing CAL and DeSales will still weaken it overall.

Losing those 2 will hurt, especially CAL...they have built a great program.
Congrats to Beechwood. Congrats to Panthers on a great season
A haunting final score - same as the famous lightning game "final" when Beechwood led 21-20 in the 1987 Pike County Bowl, which was called at halftime due to weather. Pikeville then ran off 33 (I think) straight wins and 3 straight titles.
PHSFAN Wrote:Losing those 2 will hurt, especially CAL...they have built a great program.

Y'all have a lot to look forward to moving forward. I was very impressed with Pikeville today. The battles in the East in 1A over the next couple years should be pretty entertaining. Congrats to the Panthers on a great season.
With what Pikeville has coming back and still coming up through the feeder system, Raceland on an upswing, Paintsville continues to be on the cusp of the semis every year, and Hazard being Hazard(if they can stay healthy, idk if I've ever seen a team hit harder by injuries year in and year out), I think the title balance will shift to the East's favor in the new alignment. New Cath ahould still be a perennial contender, but they havent been the same NCC in recent years. Congrats to both squads. Damn what a ball game.
Let's not forget Williamsburg either. They always have the atheletes. In the years that they have the line to go with it, they ate always a factor.
what a ball game and congrats Beechwood
This will be a game that will haunt the Panthers. While Beechwood dominated the 1st half, Pikeville had all the momentum in the 2nd half. But....way too many costly penalties....especially on the last drive where if not for Billiter's big catch...the game would have been effectively over at that point. Additionally,questionable clock management again put Pikeville in the crosshairs.

This game will go down as a woulda, shoulda, coulda game for the Panther faithful.

Congratulations to both teams for an entertaining game. Congrats Beechwood!
Great game. But if Beechwood could play pass defense. Wouldn’t have been that close
Congratulations to Beechwood, great game to listen too. I would love to see Biliter's catch near the end of the game. The radio made it sound like it was a once in a lifetime play. As for this game, maybe Pikeville can invite Beechwood back to the Pike County Bowl. As for the class system, single A probably becomes the best class top to bottom with seven teams probably going to have a shot at the state finals each of the next four years. Double A is sad, but hopefully Breathitt and Prestonsburg can get back to tradition.

I hate to say it, but I do not see Pikeville getting the attendance to ever go 2A because Eastern Kentucky's economy is driving people out of the east. Belfry is flirting with 2A is a six class system, who would have ever imagined that? Paintsville is actually one of the smallest schools playing football in the state of Kentucky, not sure about Raceland and Hazard. The state championship the next four years in single A could be different. I believe it has been since the late 90's that someone other than Beechwood, Mayfield or Danville has come out of the west?
Beechwood sophomore QB Hergott will be a super star. He left Highlands.
bo67 Wrote:Great game. But if Beechwood could play pass defense. Wouldn’t have been that close

If Pikeville made stops then it wouldn’t of been close. It works both ways.

Don’t take away Pikevilles credit for picking beechwood apart. Pikeville also played without its best offensive threat after what could of been a goal line stand.
bball_fan Wrote:Congratulations to Beechwood, great game to listen too. I would love to see Biliter's catch near the end of the game. The radio made it sound like it was a once in a lifetime play. As for this game, maybe Pikeville can invite Beechwood back to the Pike County Bowl. As for the class system, single A probably becomes the best class top to bottom with seven teams probably going to have a shot at the state finals each of the next four years. Double A is sad, but hopefully Breathitt and Prestonsburg can get back to tradition.

I hate to say it, but I do not see Pikeville getting the attendance to ever go 2A because Eastern Kentucky's economy is driving people out of the east. Belfry is flirting with 2A is a six class system, who would have ever imagined that? Paintsville is actually one of the smallest schools playing football in the state of Kentucky, not sure about Raceland and Hazard. The state championship the next four years in single A could be different. I believe it has been since the late 90's that someone other than Beechwood, Mayfield or Danville has come out of the west?

Although somewhat small growth, the city of Pikeville has grown and with the new industrial park opening in the city limits the next few years with hopefully some good jobs the school system could see a little increase there. I think there is a chance they could be AA in 5-10 years but we will see.
RoShamBo Wrote:It won't be as bad since we're adding Beechwood, but losing CAL and DeSales will still weaken it overall.

Losing new cath too
Pages: 1 2 3 4