Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Drive-In Theaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know of any OPEN drive-in's?

I know of Sky Vue Drive-In in Winchester and Twin Hills in Harrodsburg that are still open and running.

Anyone know of any other drive-ins that are still in operation?
The one at Stanton may still be used... not sure though
Don't know of any that are still open, but I sure do have many memoroes from The Coral Drive In in Flatwoods. I think it got closed down due to all of the massive fist fights between Russell, Ashland Blazer, Greenup Co, Boyd Co and Raceland High Schools. Tuesday night carload night for $2. Those were the days.... LOL
Yea That One In Stanton Is Still Open...
The Scioto Breeze in Lucasville Oh is still open. 2 screen showing 2 movies each. Interesting concept but it is in terrible shape.
Judy drive-in at Mt. Sterling went there last year pretty good. Also in Lucasville, Ohio they have the Scioto something two screens and I know of one still in operation in Gallia County, Ohio.

Check these two locations out.
http://www.driveintheater.com/index.htm
http://www.drive-ins.com/

And here's the direct link to the Judy Drive-IN.
http://www.judydrivein.com/[url=http://www.drive-ins.com/theater/kytjudy][/url]
Just got me there midee.
DevilsWin Wrote:Tuesday night carload night for $2. Those were the days.... LOL

Guess I may be a bit younger than you but I remember$5 carload on Wednesday night. Everyone would park at McDowell Elementary and pile in my car.

Main rule in the is to never drink alcohol straight from a bottle or can. Been thrown out a few times for running out of cups.Wink
CatDawg Wrote:Just got me there midee.

Pretty quick on the trigger today.Big Grin
I went to the one in Winchester a few years back and watched the double feature, Terminator-3 and The Hulk, lol. First timer and I loved it.
Do you guys think a Drive-In in the Paintsville/Prestonsburg/Pikeville area would be profitable? I think it would be, if you ran like an amusement park schedule - spring/summer months and close before Thanksgiving...
There's one just past Norton, Va. I haven't been there in a couple of years but my daughters went in the fall. I think it's called Central Drive In
Midee1 Wrote:The Scioto Breeze in Lucasville Oh is still open. 2 screen showing 2 movies each. Interesting concept but it is in terrible shape.

Terrible Shape.... Yes. But I still love it. We usually make it up atleast once or twice a month. It's a great, and different experience.

Not too sure, but I was passing through Somerset last summer and thought I noticed one there.
Man I remember the East Drive Inn that was just off the 29th st exit off I 64 in Huntington,. When I lived behind it when I was little I remember sitting on my front porch watching the movie and listening to the movie on a radio. I also remember my mom and dad taking me several time as well. Love the drive inns.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Do you guys think a Drive-In in the Paintsville/Prestonsburg/Pikeville area would be profitable? I think it would be, if you ran like an amusement park schedule - spring/summer months and close before Thanksgiving...

I think it would be a wonderful idea..........there is not to much for teens here to do. A drive in would be new and different here! Someone should consider it.:Thumbs:
You bunch of old farts. lol jk

Thats one thing I've always wanted to expierience.
I've never been to one... would love to go though
There is one in Paris KY just off U.S. 68 on Jackstown Rd.... pass it everyday.... I hear it's a good place to get laid.... Smile
friendofbelfry Wrote:I think it would be a wonderful idea..........there is not to much for teens here to do. A drive in would be new and different here! Someone should consider it.:Thumbs:

It's funny that someone started this thread because I had just told my family the two weeks ago how I'd love to own a Drive-In and that the novelty would sell and be a nice place to hang out in the summer for kids and such...
Tomcat68 Wrote:Terrible Shape.... Yes. But I still love it. We usually make it up atleast once or twice a month. It's a great, and different experience.

We usually try to get up there a couple of times a year. If someone would get it and invest a little money in it they could make some serious profits.
jammin' jamey Wrote:It's funny that someone started this thread because I had just told my family the two weeks ago how I'd love to own a Drive-In and that the novelty would sell and be a nice place to hang out in the summer for kids and such...

You should do it, no joke. Buy the property they just fixed where the Colley Motel used to be or something. It would roll in the dough. I would go allll the time and I'm sure Pike Co. and half of Floyd would too!
The closest one to me is the Central, located between Wise & Coeburn on US 58 at Tacoma. Next closest one is the Moonlight between Abingdon & Bristol, the Twin-City near the race track in Bristol, and the Starlite, a few miles from Va. Tech.
thetribe Wrote:You should do it, no joke. Buy the property they just fixed where the Colley Motel used to be or something. It would roll in the dough. I would go allll the time and I'm sure Pike Co. and half of Floyd would too!

I wish I wish I wish. Smile
If you have some of the money to get it started and you're willing to borrow the rest, you would surely get your money back and THEN some JJ. Dude, I'm not even kidding that's probably the best idea you've ever had, haha.
thetribe Wrote:If you have some of the money to get it started and you're willing to borrow the rest, you would surely get your money back and THEN some JJ. Dude, I'm not even kidding that's probably the best idea you've ever had, haha.

Tell that to my family!!! Smile
Have them call me.

If I wasn't broke as a sick, sad joke right now I'd go in half with you bro. I plan to start/run about 5 businesses in my lifetime anyway, might as well start early.
thetribe Wrote:Have them call me.

If I wasn't broke as a sick, sad joke right now I'd go in half with you bro. I plan to start/run about 5 businesses in my lifetime anyway, might as well start early.

You know I said the same thing about 10 years ago and I'm still doing the same thing now that I was then professionally speaking anyway. I say go for it before your window of opp. closes.
There used to be one between Isom and Whitesburg. It was up and running a few years ago. I dont know if it is still though. Anyone from that area know?
thetribe Wrote:You should do it, no joke. Buy the property they just fixed where the Colley Motel used to be or something. It would roll in the dough. I would go allll the time and I'm sure Pike Co. and half of Floyd would too!

That would be a really good location but I heard that there was going to be a shopping center put in there.
They have one in Stanton,I think Spider Man 3 is playing
Pages: 1 2