Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel at Scott County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SC 26- SL 10. End of 1.
rojas Wrote:SC 26- SL 10. End of 1.

Ugg, probably going to be ugly
SC 51- SL 30 at the half.
SC removes all starters with 3:59 to go in 3rd. 30 pt lead.
SC 75- SL 46 end of 3.
SC goes back with starters to open the 4th. Their bench has gotten major minutes tonight.
Pretty shocking, and embarrassing performance by SL. Not many expected a W, but it really questions if South is even a top 5 team in the 13th
Scott Co removes all starters again 5:06 in the 4th. 81-55.
SL removes starters at 3:19.
This is why I mentioned the disclaimer the other night on the Henry Clay scrimmage thread-never take scrimmage wins too serious. I’m guilty of thinking this might be Davis best team. Not so much. I thought that rebounding and a lack of a post was a problem against HC. Apparently it’s that and more. I think if you’re a Corbin or North fan you got to think you have a better than average shot.
I wouldn’t read too much into this game. SL will not see this kind of quickness in the 13th Region. Also, Scott Co shot the ball extremely well tonight.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Pretty shocking, and embarrassing performance by SL. Not many expected a W, but it really questions if South is even a top 5 team in the 13th

Scott County beat University Heights by about 30 on Saturday. You don't think they'd be a top 5 team in the 13th region? If Scott County shoots the way they did against South, there's not a team in the 11th staying within 25.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Scott County beat University Heights by about 30 on Saturday. You don't think they'd be a top 5 team in the 13th region? If Scott County shoots the way they did against South, there's not a team in the 11th staying within 25.
Plus, Scott Co. had two key players that didn’t play tonight.
rojas Wrote:Plus, Scott Co. had two key players that didn’t play tonight.

Actually just Rob Covington is what I heard.
“GLEN” Covington (starter) and Harris (key reserve) did not play.
rojas Wrote:Plus, Scott Co. had two key players that didn’t play tonight.

rojas Wrote:“GLEN” Covington (starter) and Harris (key reserve) did not play.

Glenn. Where in the world did I get Rob?
Lol. If Harris is the transfer, I was told he quit.
Scott Co has no transfers. Harris has been in the program since elementary school. His dad was on the 98 state championship team.
rojas Wrote:Scott Co has no transfers. Harris has been in the program since elementary school. His dad was on the 98 state championship team.

Getting before my time. Lol. They did have a boy that transferred and got eligible, and then quit the following week. He was at Tates Creek, then Dunbar last year, and transferred to Scott this year. Can't remember his name. Doesn't matter though. He would've went 6-7 from 3 too.