Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ranking the last 12 standing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How would you rank the remaining 12 teams? I think it'd be something like this:

1) Covington Catholic
2) Male
3) South Warren
4) Johnson Central
5) Scott Co
6) CAL
7) Mayfield
8) Corbin
9) Central
10) Beechwood
11) Franklin Simpson
12) Pikeville

What say you?
I think you have CAL to high. I’d pay money to see your 3 4 and 5 in a round Robin.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:How would you rank the remaining 12 teams? I think it'd be something like this:

1) Covington Catholic
2) Male
3) South Warren
4) Johnson Central
5) Scott Co
6) CAL
7) Mayfield
8) Corbin
9) Central
10) Beechwood
11) Franklin Simpson
12) Pikeville

What say you?

This is a tough one, I would move mayfield up a couple spots. I have them as a top 5 team.
CC
Male
South Warren
Scott Co
Mayfield
Cal
Corbin
JC
Central
Beechwood
FS
Pikeville
:igiveup:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:This is a tough one, I would move mayfield up a couple spots. I have them as a top 5 team.

Who do you knock out of the top five to put Mayfield in?
I think mayfield at 6th is about right
Hatz Wrote::igiveup:

Who do you knock out of the top five to put Mayfield in?

I honestly think cal and jc. JC is physical but that mayfield team is tough
Hound05 Wrote:I think you have CAL to high. I’d pay money to see your 3 4 and 5 in a round Robin.

How much money? The KHSAA is all about the cash. They may take you up on this if the price is right 😎
KYHSFBFan Wrote:How would you rank the remaining 12 teams? I think it'd be something like this:

1) Covington Catholic
2) Male
3) South Warren
4) Johnson Central
5) Scott Co
6) CAL
7) Mayfield
8) Corbin
9) Central
10) Beechwood
11) Franklin Simpson
12) Pikeville

What say you?

From 6 to 12 is spot on. I would move scott to 3rd and move Warren and Jc down 1.
football fan42 Wrote:How much money? The KHSAA is all about the cash. They may take you up on this if the price is right 😎

You’re right about that. Sadly. I like having the games in Lex. I love it there wayyyyy more than when it was in Louisville. Never went to BG. But $15, 25, and 30 is a little up there for tickets. I understand they can’t lose money. But there was a record crowd at the 3A game last year. I think it was around 11K. Even if they all bought the $15 tix that’s $165K! For one freaking game. Pretty sure that paid the light bill haha. To be about the student athletes - Hahahah- like they claim, they sure don’t make it affordable for them. But it’s only gonna get worse with them. I almost guarantee you the only reason they chose to seed the semi’s next year is for $$$$$.
Hound05 Wrote:You’re right about that. Sadly. I like having the games in Lex. I love it there wayyyyy more than when it was in Louisville. Never went to BG. But $15, 25, and 30 is a little up there for tickets. I understand they can’t lose money. But there was a record crowd at the 3A game last year. I think it was around 11K. Even if they all bought the $15 tix that’s $165K! For one freaking game. Pretty sure that paid the light bill haha. To be about the student athletes - Hahahah- like they claim, they sure don’t make it affordable for them. But it’s only gonna get worse with them. I almost guarantee you the only reason they chose to seed the semi’s next year is for $$$$$.

$58.50 for two tickets on the 50 yard line.
I think after this weekend, some of these will change places
Covington Catholic
Male
South Warren
Scott County
CAL
Johnson Central
Mayfield
Corbin
Franklin-Simpson
Beechwood
Central
Pikeville
All 12 are great teams and deserve to be where they are. But anyone who ranks JC outside of the top 4 haven’t been paying attention this season especially during playoff time.
I suggest a steel cage match to settle this once an for all.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:All 12 are great teams and deserve to be where they are. But anyone who ranks JC outside of the top 4 haven’t been paying attention this season especially during playoff time.

Totally agree! JC is definitely top 5 in my opinion.
1) Cov.Cath
2) Male
3) Johnson Central
4) South Warren
5) Mayfield
6) Scott Co
7) Corbin
8) Franklin Simpson
9) CAL
10) Beechwood
11) Lou. Central
12) Pikeville
1. Mayfield
2-12 everyone else
#55PirateFan Wrote:1) Cov.Cath
2) Male
3) Johnson Central
4) South Warren
5) Mayfield
6) Scott Co
7) Corbin
8) Franklin Simpson
9) CAL
10) Beechwood
11) Lou. Central
12) Pikeville

This is pretty spot on. I may put JC 4th and S. Warren 3rd. May also switch Mayfield and Scott.
Unless MF just played the best game they ever had and out of their minds, people are underestimating them because of what class they’re in. They’re def top 4. Now I don’t know who you take out ahead of them but.....
1. Covington Catholic
2. Male
3. CAL
4. Mayfield
5. South Warren
6. Scott County
7. Johnson Central
8. Central
9. Corbin
10. Beechwood
11. Franklin-Simpson
12. Pikeville
sluggo Wrote:1. Covington Catholic
2. Male
3. CAL
4. Mayfield
5. South Warren
6. Scott County
7. Johnson Central
8. Central
9. Corbin
10. Beechwood
11. Franklin-Simpson
12. Pikeville

Nope. To much wrong with that one for me to even dissect IMO. But that’s what boards are for, opinions. South Warren would beat Cal and probably MF. I think Corbin would beat CAL. People let one bad game be the basis for their opinions without taking the rest of the season into account. JC also playing really good football as well.
You know like the above poster,polls are opinions based on ... opinions
It is just great to be mentioned in the top 12 because how many other schools are not mentioned?
So if we are ranked #1 or 12 It’s great to be mentioned
Hound05 Wrote:Nope. To much wrong with that one for me to even dissect IMO. But that’s what boards are for, opinions. South Warren would beat Cal and probably MF. I think Corbin would beat CAL. People let one bad game be the basis for their opinions without taking the rest of the season into account. JC also playing really good football as well.

I watched one CALs games online last night and do now believe they're not as good as I once thought. And do believe Mayfield will beat them Saturday. So maybe I do have them too high. As far as Mayfield goes I strongly believe they are better than everyone outside of CovCath and Male. Their offense is ridiculous. And for Corbin you will see Friday why they are so low when Centrals defense absolutely manhandles them. They barely mustered up 21 points on Mayfield's mediocre defense. And that's with Mayfield's offense striking quick and often, meaning Corbin got plenty of possessions. Central is a little bit more of a grinding team therefore you won't have as much time of possession. On another note, Scott County and JC are not beating Mayfield by running the ball 50 times a game I promise.
1) Cov. Cath
2) Male
3) Johnson Central
4) South Warren
5) Scott Co.
6) CAL
7) Mayfield
8) Corbin
9) Franklin Simpson
10) Beechwood
11) Lou. Central
12) Pikeville
fewfirstchoice Wrote:All 12 are great teams and deserve to be where they are. But anyone who ranks JC outside of the top 4 haven’t been paying attention this season especially during playoff time.

Johnson Central has a good team, but a big part of the reason they have looked so dominant is the East in 4A is weak. There are several teams from lower classes that would be playing for a state title against that competition.

1) Covington Catholic
2) Male
3) South Warren
4) Johnson Central
5) Scott Co
6) CAL
7) Mayfield
8) Corbin
9) Central
10) Beechwood
11) Franklin Simpson
12) Pikeville

What say you?

1)Covington catholic
2)south Warren
3)male
4)mayfield
5)Johnson central
6)Scott county
7)cal
8)Corbin
9)Lou central
10) beachwood
11)Franklin Simpson
12)pikeville
MountainSports Wrote:From 6 to 12 is spot on. I would move scott to 3rd and move Warren and Jc down 1.
That's close.
Hound05 Wrote:Unless MF just played the best game they ever had and out of their minds, people are underestimating them because of what class they’re in. They’re def top 4. Now I don’t know who you take out ahead of them but.....

I wouldn't rank them ahead of Scott County.
sluggo Wrote:I watched one CALs games online last night and do now believe they're not as good as I once thought. And do believe Mayfield will beat them Saturday. So maybe I do have them too high. As far as Mayfield goes I strongly believe they are better than everyone outside of CovCath and Male. Their offense is ridiculous. And for Corbin you will see Friday why they are so low when Centrals defense absolutely manhandles them. They barely mustered up 21 points on Mayfield's mediocre defense. And that's with Mayfield's offense striking quick and often, meaning Corbin got plenty of possessions. Central is a little bit more of a grinding team therefore you won't have as much time of possession. On another note, Scott County and JC are not beating Mayfield by running the ball 50 times a game I promise.
You must have created this personality when you ran out of medicine.
Pages: 1 2