Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central vs Corbin (3A Championship) 11/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This game is being played on Friday, November 30th at 7:00PM.

The Corbin Redhounds come into this game with an overall record of 13-1 after knocking off undefeated Boyle County 21-0! The Central Yellow Jackets are 12-2 and are coming into this game after an easy semi final matchup against LaRue County.

Who do you have and why?
Mayfield fan pulling for Corbin.
Mayfield fan NOT pulling for Corbin
rookie57 Wrote:Mayfield fan NOT pulling for Corbin

Good. Don't change anything about your feelings since last week. The vibes seem to be working quite well for Corbin.
Boyle fan damn sure pulling for Corbin, the last thing I want to see is another title going to Louisville. GO HOUNDS!!!
I with Jack Lambert on this way, go HOUNDS.
The Spread Wrote:Good. Don't change anything about your feelings since last week. The vibes seem to be working quite well for Corbin.

I wont
Corbin 21-14
rookie57 Wrote:Mayfield fan NOT pulling for Corbin

I hate for any Louisville team to win, but I love to watch you cry.
Go Redhound! That just felt weird typing.lol

play like you did last night and bring home the hardware!!
Corbin 23-15
I've been playing or watching football since 1961. Played it from being a six year old in my backyard through college. Just shows I still cant figure out what a group of teenage guys will do on a given Friday or Saturday. Good luck to both teams.
28-14 Hounds.
Corbin 42
Central 21

Unfinished Business :truestory:
Pulling for Corbin in this one. I think it'll be a 1 score game either way. I'm seeing a 24-21 or 22-21 type score. Corbin won this week because of it's physicality. Central is also a physical team with speed all over the field.. Central is as athletic as Boyle, iff not more so, but, I don't think they're as disciplined or fundamentally sound, so, it'll be a different challenge for Corbin than what this week was. If they play disciplined and minimize mistakes, I think the Hounds have a great shot to take it..
Gotta go with the Redhounds out of our District and Region. Bring it home boys. How bad I hate to say that. 😂 I'll be happy for Mills, Russell and Greer. Bell Co ex coaches.
Whitley County future coaches.

Confusednicker:
Two great defenses knocking heads. Central has given up only 82 points this year. Best in state.
Corbin Redhounds all the way! Said it from day one that this is the Hounds year and I still believe it. GO HOUNDS!

Corbin 35
Central 27
Got a question, where in the world is my ol buddy SingleWing? He's pulled a MIA act. Hope all is well with him. Really like the guy and reading his posts.
Radio Ronnie gets to call one from Krogers. Cheated out of that opportunity last year.
Pulling for corbin but i seriously doubt corbin will put up over 30 on Central D. you all are foos.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Got a question, where in the world is my ol buddy SingleWing? He's pulled a MIA act. Hope all is well with him. Really like the guy and reading his posts.

Sorry buddy, I was too busy celebrating to post!! Lol

I think that Corbin has to match their intensity and effort this week which is difficult to do for two weeks in a row. Teams typically have a bit of a fall off after an emotional win like last night. The thing that I think will help us in that regard is our schedule this season. Corbin played a tough schedule that required them to focus week after week.
If Corbin plays like they did last night I think they’ll beat central. If that have ANY let down whatsoever, whether it be in effort, focus, discipline, or poise, they’ll get beat. I think the keys to the game are the same ones that they required to beat Boyle. Offensively, limit mistakes and don’t get behind the chains. The best way to slow Central’s defense it to keep them off balance. If they know you have to throw it, they have the advantage. The hounds also need to keep up the physicality when running the football. Rattle those chains, run the clock, and keep the time of possession in their favor. Most importantly Corbin can not commit any turnovers. Central it too good to give them any turnovers.

Defensively they need to eliminate the big play like they did against Boyle. Make Central drive it five yards at a time and control the line of scrimmage. Force central to throw the ball and when the qb runs they need to punish him.

I’m my opinion the biggest stats other than final score will be time of possession and turnovers. If Corbin possesses the ball for 30+ minutes and wins or ties the turnover battle, I think they’ll win the game. I literally can’t wait to go watch this one. Go Hounds!!!!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Sorry buddy, I was too busy celebrating to post!! Lol

I think that Corbin has to match their intensity and effort this week which is difficult to do for two weeks in a row. Teams typically have a bit of a fall off after an emotional win like last night. The thing that I think will help us in that regard is our schedule this season. Corbin played a tough schedule that required them to focus week after week.
If Corbin plays like they did last night I think they’ll beat central. If that have ANY let down whatsoever, whether it be in effort, focus, discipline, or poise, they’ll get beat. I think the keys to the game are the same ones that they required to beat Boyle. Offensively, limit mistakes and don’t get behind the chains. The best way to slow Central’s defense it to keep them off balance. If they know you have to throw it, they have the advantage. The hounds also need to keep up the physicality when running the football. Rattle those chains, run the clock, and keep the time of possession in their favor. Most importantly Corbin can not commit any turnovers. Central it too good to give them any turnovers.

Defensively they need to eliminate the big play like they did against Boyle. Make Central drive it five yards at a time and control the line of scrimmage. Force central to throw the ball and when the qb runs they need to punish him.

I’m my opinion the biggest stats other than final score will be time of possession and turnovers. If Corbin possesses the ball for 30+ minutes and wins or ties the turnover battle, I think they’ll win the game. I literally can’t wait to go watch this one. Go Hounds!!!!

Lol! Completely understand my friend! And I agree with everything you said here. Go Hounds!
CORRECTION, please be advised of my post in the WEEK SCHEDULE THREAD
Archie Bunker Wrote:Corbin 23-15

Does your old LaSalle run great?
Granny Bear Wrote:Whitley County future coaches.

Confusednicker:

I hope you're wrong.
I dont know but I think the hounds are about due a Greg Taylor pregame speech.
Corbin better not be too excited from beating Boyle. Central will be big and physical up front. Defensively they will play press man and blitz. Corbin struggled with that against Boyle on Friday and mayfield earlier this year.
HOFER Wrote:I dont know but I think the hounds are about due a Greg Taylor pregame speech.

You're probably right.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7