Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dale Earnhardt Jr is officially leaving DEI Thursday morning. He and teammate Martin Truex will drive for JRMotorsports, Jr's Busch series-to-NASCAR team. JRM will use Hendrix engines and Hendrix chassis, and Budweiser will follow Jr through his exit from DEI. No comment has been made from Teresa Earnhardt as of now. A nationally televised press conference will be Thursday at 11:00 at the JRMotorsports headquarters facility in Mooresville, NC.
Wow..big News!!!!!!!
So THATS what the big news was. They said on ESPN NEWS that there would be a big announcement tomorrow morning.
Maybe it will help out Jr.'s career some cause he's definately not been cutting it at DEI for some reason or another.
I thought this would happen.
I wish DEI would hire Mayfield, lol....Get him away from BDR racing and get him out of a TOYOTA!
Think about this. His father never drove for DEI and look at what he did along with the empire he created. JR needs to go to Childress.
Teresa is a stupid women and this is bad business decision.
Midee1 Wrote:JR needs to go to Childress.

rallo316 Wrote:Teresa is a stupid woman

:thumpsup: :thumpsup: two thumbs up
Midee1 Wrote:Think about this. His father never drove for DEI and look at what he did along with the empire he created. JR needs to go to Childress.

You said it! :Thumbs:
Midee1 Wrote:Think about this. His father never drove for DEI and look at what he did along with the empire he created. JR needs to go to Childress.

He needs to leave and learn the business side of the sport from an established team like Childress or Hendrick. If he creates his own NEXTEL team, it'll be a mistake. I'm surprised by the move. Teresa E. may have just sunk her late husband's company.

Here's an interesting note on Childress...

RCR, which owns the No. 3 should Junior ever want to drive it, can add him as the fourth and final team NASCAR permits each owner. It would team him with Kevin Harvick, who replaced the elder Earnhardt following his 2001 death, and has openly invited Junior to join the organization. It's also possible that RCR would lease JR Motorsports its engines should Earnhardt field his own team. RCR already gives JRM its motors.

The wildcard could be Joe Gibbs Racing, another powerful three-car Chevy team that would pair him with buddies Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin. Earnhardt and Stewart have worked wonderfully together on restrictor plate tracks, and Earnhardt befriended Hamlin early in his career. Gibbs is coach of the Washington Redskins, and Earnhardt is die-hard fan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story...id=2866102
I'm sorry, but Junior being a Redskins' fan is stretching it just a touch. His relationship with Stewart is interesting though, but the ties/history/business agreement with RCR makes more sense.
Jr will go to Childress IMO. He said something that got my attention in his press conference. He said that at 32 years old he is the same age his dad was when he made the biggest descision of his career. Of course he was referring to when SR decided to race for RCR. JR said numerous time today that he WILL remain in a CHEVY and that he wanted to sign with a top tier team. So that narrows it down to RCR,Hendrick,or Gibbs. Im glad hes leaving DEI. Teresa is more interested with maintianing SRs legacy than furthuring JRs career.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Jr will go to Childress IMO. He said something that got my attention in his press conference. He said that at 32 years old he is the same age his dad was when he made the biggest descision of his career. Of course he was referring to when SR decided to race for RCR. JR said numerous time today that he WILL remain in a CHEVY and that he wanted to sign with a top tier team. So that narrows it down to RCR,Hendrick,or Gibbs. Im glad hes leaving DEI. Teresa is more interested with maintianing SRs legacy than furthuring JRs career.

And he can't go to Hendrick unless Casey Mears is let go. They are at the 4-car limit. Gibbs and RCR have room to welcome Junior.

I agree, Junior is probably heading to RCR. I really hope he doesn't try to create his own NEXTEL team though - my opinion is that it would be a mistake.
His prob's with Teresa has distracted him.... He will win some now!!! Smile
I hope he joins Gibbs Racing, although I wouldnt be upset if he joined RCR. He and Stewart are friends and work great together on the track so I think it would be a great move. I dont know about RCR as much because Harvick doesnt seem like he could get along with Jr., but who knows. As long as he doesnt join Hendrick with Jackass Johnson, Gordon, Busch and Mears. I like Gordon and Mears but cant stand Johnson or Busch. But like someone said earlier, they already have the max amount of teams unless they let Mears go, which I dont see happening. So whether he goes to Gibbs or RCR, he will be better off than he is right now. Then he can stop with all the damn commercials and work on getting better as a driver. That to me is his biggest problem, and I dont know if its him wanting to do the commercials or Teresa, but it needs to stop if he wants to contend for a championship. Focus on racing JR!!!!!!!!!
Aslong as it's not Hendrick...
you said it brother
FreakNasty Wrote:Aslong as it's not Hendrick...
My brother called me from Concord, NC and said radio station was reporting Dale Jr. had signed with Childress and would drive #33 Budweiser Chevrolet in 2008.
A fox affiliate in North Carolina is reporting he is going to sign with Childress (heard it on Mike and Mike), but Yahoo was reporting Wednesday Night he was going to run with his own team...
FreakNasty Wrote:A fox affiliate in North Carolina is reporting he is going to sign with Childress (heard it on Mike and Mike), but Yahoo was reporting Wednesday Night he was going to run with his own team...

Richard Childress said Friday morning at Darlington Raceway that he has not signed Dale Earnhardt, Jr., to drive for Richard Childress Racing and is giving the driver time and space to weigh his options. Childress said that while he would welcome Earnhardt on his team, the two sides have not yet begun negotiations. "We will sit and talk, I´m sure," Childress said. As for television reports that a deal was already struck, Childress was categorical in his denials. "There´s nothing to it ... it´s way too soon to even talk about it," Childress said.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news12
phs1986 Wrote:His prob's with Teresa has distracted him.... He will win some now!!! Smile
That whole situation has been a soap opera since big E died.