Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 38 Walton Verona 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
The Cardinals took care of business tonight. Kinda a slow start but made up for it soon after. Mayfield probably had more penalty yards then total yards for WV. Better clean that up for next week. Looking forward to the great game that coming next week at Kroger field.
It never gets old!!!! Go Big Red!!!!
GET’r DID! Smile
Is anyone surprised at what two teams would be squaring off at the grocery next week for the 2a title?
Congrats to Mayfield
Mayfield's 1st 3 offensive possessions weren't too good, but, a lot of that goes to WVs defense. They hung tough early. The last 2 possessions of the 1st half and the 1st 2 to 3 possessions of the 2nd, the Cardinals seemed to have gotten there legs underneath them and they started threading the Bearcat defense through the air and on the ground, with big chunks at a time. Pretty impressive against a really solid defensive team. The Cardinal defense bent between the 30s, but, each time they did, the Cards clamped down and got the stop. They also forced several 3 and outs on the night. Overall, a very solid W...
Pretty much the result I was expecting! Can't wait to see the Cards take home the 2A trophy!!
Congratulations Mayfield I will be at Kroger supporting the cardinals :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Mayfield I will be at Kroger supporting the cardinals :Cheerlead

I would really like to meet the famous 64. I will holler at you before Saturday with my number.
Congrats to the Cards! Also congratulations to WV on a nice season.
mysonis55 Wrote:Is anyone surprised at what two teams would be squaring off at the grocery next week for the 2a title?

Nope, not here big guy!
Congrats to Mayfield on the win and to WV on a great season.

Mayfield is staying with us in 2A next year, CAL taking DeSales with them to 3A, so I'll be rooting for the Cards to bring home the title next week!
Congrats to WV on a great season
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:I would really like to meet the famous 64. I will holler at you before Saturday with my number.

Just stay near me at the game and you will surely meet 64.
Congratulations to Mayfield!!!
Mayfield
Kent Trey Matthews carried the ball 17 times for 156 yards and 1 TD.
Jayden Stinson was 11-18-160 yards with 2 passing TD's and 1 rushing.

Walton Verona
Tyler Wagner carried the ball 13 times for 149 yards. 76 of that came on the long TD run in the 4th.
Garrett Jones was 2-10-3 yards and 1 INT
Compliments to to Bearcats on a great season. I will say one lesson is don't poke the Cardinals with trash talk before the game aimed at our players. Existing the stadium a few home fans were less than complimentary of our kids also. On the good side met very nice crew before the game that took care of stadium and was very helpful and informative. This man was real class act and hope more representative of the overall system. Great job Cardinals now to go get some groceries.