Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Baseball Team in the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's the best baseball team in the 15th region
Lawrence County, Paintsville, or Johnson Central.

It's a toss up between these three.

However, there are several teams who make a case for contending in the region.

Sheldon Clark -- Good Coach. Can hit the ball hard.
Pikeville -- Always tough. If they can get hot at the right time.
Belfry -- Good overall team. May be biggest sleeper in 15th.
Allen Central -- With Little on the hill, who knows what they can do.
IMO, it is...
1.Paintsville
2. Lawrence
3.Johnson Central
4.Sheldon Clark
5.Pikeville
6.Belfry
7.Allen Central
1. Paintsville-has it all! Great coach, great hitters and more importantly great pitchers.
2. Lawrence Co.-Great pitching from the 1 and 2 spots and some potentially great hitters but can this team sustain the 57th district and get into the region?
3. Johnson Central-Has the best pitcher in the area in Matt Fyffe and although they have lost twice to Pville and once to LC Fyffe didn't pitch in any of those. I think the X factor for this team is their hitting. When they hit the ball like they are capable they can play with anyone in the state when Fyffe is on the mound.

Those are my top three. After those three I think the region is a toss-up. But IMO I don't see any other region team defeating these three in the tourney.
I think it is Paintsville.
I always think it's Paintsville.
Paintsville
I'd have to say Paintsville. They have the most depth in their pitching rotation, which sets them apart from JC and LC in my opinion.
Here is the top ten the way I see it right )now things could change before the tournament.
1) Johnson Central
2) Lawrence County
3) Paintsviile
4) Belfry
5) Phelps
6)Allen Central
7) Pike Central
8) Pikeville
P'Burg, East Ridge, Shelby Valley is your next 3.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Here is the top ten the way I see it right )now things could change before the tournament.
1) Johnson Central
2) Lawrence County
3) Paintsviile
4) Belfry
5) Phelps
6)Allen Central
7) Pike Central
8) Pikeville

I just can't put JC above Pville or LC right now. Until they start hitting the ball consistently they are gonna struggle. Esp. when someone other than Fyffe or Blanton is on the mound.
Top Ten would look like this IMO:

1 - Paintsville (proven, good hitting, good pitching, and hot)
2 - Lawrence County (great hitting, big athletes, decent pitching)
3 - Johnson Central (great pitching, but hitting lacks to be #1 or 2)
4 - Belfry (good overall team, a lot of depth)
5 - Sheldon Clark (hits the ball hard, will struggle on the mound)
6 - Pikeville (has come alive as of late, but still not proven)
7 - Allen Central (with Little, they have been unbeatable, w/o him they may struggle)
8 - Phelps (With Stiltner on the hill, they may pull a big upset on someone)
9 - East Ridge (well coached, good young team)
10 - Magoffin County (started hot, but have been falling as of late)
1.paintsville
2.lawrence county
johnson county
4.sheldon clark
Lawrence Co only has 1 Senior! Pretty scary!
bulldog42 Wrote:Lawrence Co only has 1 Senior! Pretty scary!
Not really....IMO
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Here is the top ten the way I see it right )now things could change before the tournament.
1) Johnson Central
2) Lawrence County
3) Paintsviile
4) Belfry
5) Phelps
6)Allen Central
7) Pike Central
8) Pikeville

Good call there. :beerwez:
What's a valid rational for any ranking with JC above Paintsville?

Puddin.
Big Jim Wrote:What's a valid rational for any ranking with JC above Paintsville?

Puddin.

I think the only rational the post might have is that Matt Fyffe hasn't faced Pville. IMO, when it counts (in district tourney) Fyffe will be the pitcher and JC will have the upper hand because Paintsville hasn't seen their ace this year. JC has however, seen Grimm of Pville and that can only help them later on. But IMO Pville is still ahead of JC at this point in the season.
Paintsville
eaglehoops Wrote:I think the only rational the post might have is that Matt Fyffe hasn't faced Pville. IMO, when it counts (in district tourney) Fyffe will be the pitcher and JC will have the upper hand because Paintsville hasn't seen their ace this year. JC has however, seen Grimm of Pville and that can only help them later on. But IMO Pville is still ahead of JC at this point in the season.

JC faced a cold Grimm, he came in for Pugh in the middle of an inning and didn't really have much of a chance to warm up. But you're right, if they play eachother at districts you can count on Fyffe and Grimm pitchin.
1) Johnson Central
2) Lawrence County
3) Paintsviile
4) Belfry
5) Phelps
6)Allen Central
7) Pike Central
8) Pikeville

JC has lost to Paintsville twice and have lost to Lawrence County, no way they are ahead of Paintsville.
Right now it's between Paintsville and Lawrence county with Johnson Central being #3. But with Fyffe pitching however, Johnson Central is capable of beating anybody.
eaglehoops Wrote:I just can't put JC above Pville or LC right now. Until they start hitting the ball consistently they are gonna struggle. Esp. when someone other than Fyffe or Blanton is on the mound.
You are only partially right. Johnson Central has hit the ball well enough to win some of the games they have lost. The key to what their problem has been is not getting the timely hits, when they have had mutiple runners in scoring position. More important than even that is a couple of guys in particular really have struggled staying safely on the bases once they have reached base. Time after time after a silly base running mistake has been made, someone comes up with a hit that would have scored the runner that used the poor base running judgement.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You are only partially right. Johnson Central has hit the ball well enough to win some of the games they have lost. The key to what their problem has been is not getting the timely hits, when they have had mutiple runners in scoring position. More important than even that is a couple of guys in particular really have struggled staying safely on the bases once they have reached base. Time after time after a silly base running mistake has been made, someone comes up with a hit that would have scored the runner that used the poor base running judgement.

True...
Like the other night against Paintsville.
JCHS became the only team this year to outhit the Tigers(even in their 3 losses)
Biggest stat....JCHS scored 5 runs and stranded 10 I think....might have been 12.
Paintsville scored 10 runs and stranded only 2 runners.