Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co vs Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted some thoughts about this match-up. If these two teams play in District playoffs what are some predictions?
I think it will be a classic match up. It would be a toss up as to who would win. Also I wish they would have played in the regular season.
Not a matter of discussion. This match up may not even happen. Maybe if people besides JC and Paintsville would decide to seed, playing district foes during the season would mean so much more.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Not a matter of discussion. This match up may not even happen. Maybe if people besides JC and Paintsville would decide to seed, playing district foes during the season would mean so much more.

I agree.
Batpuff Wrote:I think it will be a classic match up. It would be a toss up as to who would win. Also I wish they would have played in the regular season.
It was tried last year, But someone has an immature attitude towards kids.
Amen Brother.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Not a matter of discussion. This match up may not even happen. Maybe if people besides JC and Paintsville would decide to seed, playing district foes during the season would mean so much more.
I understand that the match up may not happen...this is a "what if" thread. In my opinion, Lawrence Co would win this one. I think that Paintsville has some good players mind you, but I think that consistency would play a big part in this game. Lawrence County been consistent the past few games and I have seen Paintsville play the past couple of times with quite a few errors being made.
someone has immature attidudes towards kids? do you all want to see a fight? because thats probably all it would be there wouldnt even be a game all there would be is a fight. since the humphrey kid left lawrence there has been a bitter rivalry from both teams, if there is a game i see lawrence county to win this one.
Money Maker Wrote:someone has immature attidudes towards kids? do you all want to see a fight? because thats probably all it would be there wouldnt even be a game all there would be is a fight. since the humphrey kid left lawrence there has been a bitter rivalry from both teams, if there is a game i see lawrence county to win this one.

Boy, That's the answer. You just proved The Guru right. There is no excuse for certain people to say and act the way they have. Rolleyes
Money Maker Wrote:someone has immature attidudes towards kids? do you all want to see a fight? because thats probably all it would be there wouldnt even be a game all there would be is a fight. since the humphrey kid left lawrence there has been a bitter rivalry from both teams, if there is a game i see lawrence county to win this one.

A fight??? LMAO!!!
They played last year @ paintsville, The only disagreement was LC fans and the umpire. The game itself went well.
The kids don't want to fight and have nothing against each other.
LC coach is the one with the problem. Last year he said he wasn't playing Pain tsville at LC because he didn't want "that kid on his field". It had nothing to do with the kids from the 2 teams, just an immature coach.
cougar14 Wrote:I understand that the match up may not happen...this is a "what if" thread. In my opinion, Lawrence Co would win this one. I think that Paintsville has some good players mind you, but I think that consistency would play a big part in this game. Lawrence County been consistent the past few games and I have seen Paintsville play the past couple of times with quite a few errors being made.

Just go ahead and say it, Paintsville is overrated. They haven't played anyone. They've heard that all year I assure you.
cougar14 Wrote:I understand that the match up may not happen...this is a "what if" thread. In my opinion, Lawrence Co would win this one. I think that Paintsville has some good players mind you, but I think that consistency would play a big part in this game. Lawrence County been consistent the past few games and I have seen Paintsville play the past couple of times with quite a few errors being made.

Paintsville has commited about 6 errors in the last 4 games, so which couple are you talking about?
I think it is safe to say that the team that makes the fewest errors wins, whether it be Paintsville, Lawrence or Johnson Central. The draw in that district could very well come into play like it did last year. Good luck to all three programs, I think the regional champ has to come from these three teams.

Well, there you have it sports fans.... Rolleyes
:lmao:
I hate it that it has to be this way. I think the kids are missing out on some fine baseball. You only get better by playing the best they are. I have know cory and his dad for a long time and hated when they left LC for Paintsville. I wish the best to him and Paintsville.

Oh Guru your right about certain people that are keeping these schools from playing baseball and seeding the district.
Your also right Guru about your statement of LC head coach I heard him say that my self . I think our coach does a good job with the program but he has been inmuture at time's .But I think he might be doing his best coaching this year with the group of kids he has . Good luck to the Dawgs go and get that championship .:Cheerlead
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville has commited about 6 errors in the last 4 games, so which couple are you talking about?
I know of 2 against JC, I didn't realize they had such a perfect record. Sounds to me that you don't take the critism very well towards paintsville. I assumed that they were a normal group of kids that are capable of making mistakes. Sorry!
Yes, I heard that the LC coach said something about "that kid" but I also heard that "that kid" made it quite clear where he stood against the players from LC.
cougar14 Wrote:I know of 2 against JC, I didn't realize they had such a perfect record. Sounds to me that you don't take the critism very well towards paintsville. I assumed that they were a normal group of kids that are capable of making mistakes. Sorry!
Yes, I heard that the LC coach said something about "that kid" but I also heard that "that kid" made it quite clear where he stood against the players from LC.

Actually I can take it, but you said Paintsville had made quite a few errors in their last couple of games. If 2 in one game is your idea of quite a few, then I can respect your oppinion. I guess I am not as hard on that.
Can't say the kid hasn't made comments on his own, just that I have never heard it, or heard anyone say that he had.
Dawg Family Wrote:Your also right Guru about your statement of LC head coach I heard him say that my self . I think our coach does a good job with the program but he has been inmuture at time's .But I think he might be doing his best coaching this year with the group of kids he has . Good luck to the Dawgs go and get that championship .:Cheerlead

I am impressed with what LC has done this year. Something must be right in Lawrence County right now.
Batpuff Wrote:I hate it that it has to be this way. I think the kids are missing out on some fine baseball. You only get better by playing the best they are. I have know cory and his dad for a long time and hated when they left LC for Paintsville. I wish the best to him and Paintsville.

Oh Guru your right about certain people that are keeping these schools from playing baseball and seeding the district.

We are all missing out on some great baseball when these two teams are not going to play each other.
I have known the Humphrey's for only a little over a year and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met! The whole family! Gosh....whatch them end up being canible's or something and just had the Wool pulled over my eyes!!! LOL

Everyone of them have been very polite and helpful! The kid's are wonderful! Can't say enough nice things about this family.

And I am sure there are some here that are keeping the teams apart....sad situation.
The Humphrey's are wonderful people and are missed in LC by some. Every parent has the right to take their children wherever they feel necessary for things to be better for that child. But lets be realistic, Cory leaving LC didn't break LC's baseball program nor did it make Paintsville's. The game last year was exactly like someone stated earlier. It wasn't really a game-just a meeting of spite. I was ashamed how the parents and fans in Paintsville treated those from LC. They screamed and chanted Cory's name the entire game. I had to wonder how that made the other players from Paintsville feel which I'm sure was pretty unimportant considering eveyone acted like Cory was some MLB player who had joined the Tigers lineup. And lets not forget that Cory was a very good friend to most of the older boys on LC's team and had grown up with them so yes there is hostility. But honestly, Paintsville had no right to treat Lawrence county fans the way they did-remember Cory LEFT LC- we were the ones who should have been sarcastic and ugly. Of course, I expected no different but as a parent and a fan, I was ashamed that people act so ridiculously and had the coach had any respect at all for the other players on his team, he would have never allowed it. So maybe it isn't just our coaching staff that doesn't want them to meet during regular season? Bottom line all you fans out there-ITS JUST A GAME!!!
Dawg@heart Wrote:The Humphrey's are wonderful people and are missed in LC by some. Every parent has the right to take their children wherever they feel necessary for things to be better for that child. But lets be realistic, Cory leaving LC didn't break LC's baseball program nor did it make Paintsville's. The game last year was exactly like someone stated earlier. It wasn't really a game-just a meeting of spite. I was ashamed how the parents and fans in Paintsville treated those from LC. They screamed and chanted Cory's name the entire game. I had to wonder how that made the other players from Paintsville feel which I'm sure was pretty unimportant considering eveyone acted like Cory was some MLB player who had joined the Tigers lineup. And lets not forget that Cory was a very good friend to most of the older boys on LC's team and had grown up with them so yes there is hostility. But honestly, Paintsville had no right to treat Lawrence county fans the way they did-remember Cory LEFT LC- we were the ones who should have been sarcastic and ugly. Of course, I expected no different but as a parent and a fan, I was ashamed that people act so ridiculously and had the coach had any respect at all for the other players on his team, he would have never allowed it. So maybe it isn't just our coaching staff that doesn't want them to meet during regular season? Bottom line all you fans out there-ITS JUST A GAME!!!
You are correct, and 2 wrongs don't make a right. Everyone in Paintsville knew what LC's coach had said. The chanting was not directed at any LC player(I don't think), but, if you know Paintsville fans, then you know we have some that say the most rediculis things...Rolleyes
imo, they were just trying to show everyone that they supported Cory.
Cory is not the greatest player to come from LC, nor is he close to the best to come from PHS. But he is a fine young man and people from Paintsville are very proud and glad he came to Paintsville. And proud just because of the individual that he is.
As I said, he and his family are wonderful people! I personally have no grudge against any family who choses to move somewhere else for the "betterment" of their children. IF they had chosen Paintsville simply for sports, maybe, but I know they did not. Again, its too bad it came to this!
Dawg@heart Wrote:As I said, he and his family are wonderful people! I personally have no grudge against any family who choses to move somewhere else for the "betterment" of their children. IF they had chosen Paintsville simply for sports, maybe, but I know they did not. Again, its too bad it came to this!
Agreed!
This thread is off topic and this game will not happen until at least the semis...Closed...if it comes to be down the road, open a new one.