Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia-12 @ KCC-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cordia looked good tonight, batters and defense was clicking tonight, Arthur Gayheart pitched well and got the W, Cordia looked good except for the bottom of the 7th when they gave up 5 runs with two outfield errors and some good hits, on the KCC side they had A LOT of errors that killed them and cost them the game esspecially at Catcher ( with smith out with a finger injury) and the 1st baseman had a few errors.

Congrats Lions.
Ouch!

How bad is the injury on Smith? And, how long is he out? Could be bad if he's done for the season.

I do know that the Knott has two backup catchers. One's a freshman and the other is in 8th?

Good win for Cordia.
Just wanted to add this, I read somewhere else that Knott played Buckhorn in the 2nd game and was mercyed, 13-2 in the 6th.

Sounds like Knott has some problems and are in dire need of a coaching change. Hammonds has been a great coach over the years and deserves a lot of respect. I just don't see him there after this season.
baseball_dad Wrote:Ouch!

How bad is the injury on Smith? And, how long is he out? Could be bad if he's done for the season.

11 snitches and i think Smith will be playin some time next week from what ive been told.
baseball_dad Wrote:Just wanted to add this, I read somewhere else that Knott played Buckhorn in the 2nd game and was mercyed, 13-2 in the 6th.

Sounds like Knott has some problems and are in dire need of a coaching change. Hammonds has been a great coach over the years and deserves a lot of respect. I just don't see him there after this season.

Yeah, Buckhorn did win last night 13-2 and to move KCC 6-11 on the year but personally i dont see Hammonds going anywhere unless thats a personal desicison because i dont see KCC letting him go, bc like u said hes been great over the past years and has a lot of respect at KCC so dont see him going anywhere.
MVP2 Wrote:Yeah, Buckhorn did win last night 13-2 and to move KCC 6-11 on the year but personally i dont see Hammonds going anywhere unless thats a personal desicison because i dont see KCC letting him go, bc like u said hes been great over the past years and has a lot of respect at KCC so dont see him going anywhere.

I don't know. His teams of the past few years aren't mirroring what he had in the 80's and 90's. Even though Knott Central has dipped into A status, he should be able to field a good team. From what I have seen from them this season, Smith and Rose are the two best. Hall drops, or throws balls away. And the pitching isn't good. I've noticed that Knott has played some good teams tough. I believe it's time for a change. If it will happen, I don't know.