Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Accident in Phelps today.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A "low-boy" tractor trailer was hauling a D-9 dozer.... check out these pics!!! (I didn't take the pictures; a friend of mine's dad did).... According to what I have been told the road will be closed for at least 1 day if not 2!!!
Where in Phelps did this happen?
It was on route 632... before you get to the intersection.... R U familiar with the Phelps area??
That's gonna cost someone big money. I hope there are no trains scheduled to run through there in the near future.:yikes:
Actually, they have it fixed now!! They worked non-stop for 3 days getting the tracks back in working order. From what I heard, there were a couple of trains scheduled to come thru there but were diverted because of this!!
I was born & raised there & for the life of me I can't think of any road number. Glad to hear they got the road reopened.
LOL... Well... it's the road that passes by Erv's, Pauls Pizza, and Hornets... THAT is 632 Road...

The road by Jo-mart, the elementary school and post office is St. Hwy 194....
NOW.. LOL.... You have had your lesson in geography!! Smile
Sad thing is...I lived next to that road for 17 years! I just pay no attention to the route numbers, not even today. If you don't mind giving me landmarks near where the accident happened, I would appreciate it. My immediate family moved away about 10 years ago & I know they would be interested in it.
Okay... I'm sure your parents (maybe you) will remember Pauls Pizza and Ervins... Well, this is the first railroad bridge PAST Pauls .......There is another bridge at Hornet's resturant but the one that was torn down is the one before Pauls Pizza. THIS is heading towards the high school NOT the intersection in Phelps... Hope this helps ya and if not... just give me a yell!!! Smile
Thanks. I sent my mom a photo & she figured it out. It's amazing how much you can forget about your hometown when you've been away for a couple of decades.
All this talk about Hornets makes me hungry lol, best food anywere.
I'm sure over half of Phelps would agree with ya!!! Smile
We ate at Paul's Pizza after every basketball game.

Glad they got all of that fixed though. Looks like it was a wild accident.