Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 26 Pikeville 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No this isnt the softball score! Awesome game, Ive never seen anything like it. Pikeville was up 20-5 in the fifth and then subbed their jv. Sc scored 17 I believe in the fifth. They went back and forth with Pikevilles starters now in. Bottom of the seventh it was Pikeville up 25- 24. Sc scored two runs and won the game !
OMG!!! This might win an Espy for best or worst game you decide category!!
best and worse...by both teams....pikevilles coach should of brought the startes in when it was like 12-20...but goodl comeback cards....never give up
Wow! This sounds like a crazy game. How did each team score so many runs? Errors? Simple base hits? This is insane. Congrats, Cardinals on a comeback effort!
Man that's awesome. I thought it was crazy when I saw the Rowan-Bath County score earlier at 26-19 but this is just amazing. Biggest comeback I've ever heard of for sure.

Somebody has to post some stats on this one.
The big 5th inning was lead by a ton of walks. SC scored 12 runs with 2 outs and I think there was only 1-2 errors that inning. My big question is what the hell was coach Priode thinking? If I'm #53 mom or dad then were having a long talk about why my kid was left in the game after giving up 9 or 10 runs. That little kid couldnt have been in 9th grade and he def. did not deserve to stay in the game while most of the varsity starter's were eatting hot dogs and playing pepper along the foul line in left field.
Unreal...it is absolutely, positively impossible to blow a 15 run lead...
It's also impossible to give up 26 runs in a 7 inning game, even pitching underhanded with one outfielder...major major blunder by the Pikeville staff...
yes sc was down alot but the freshman pitcher James goble pitched the best game i have ever seen that kid pitch. the game of baseball is allways a unpredictible game of sports. its like forst gump allways said life is like a box of chocolates you never no what your going to get. but good game for the cards..if they play like they did in the fifth-seventh they have the potential to win another regional championship title GO SC... James Gobles second win on the year as a freshman
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang what a baseball game that is a football score.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Wow! This sounds like a crazy game. How did each team score so many runs? Errors? Simple base hits? This is insane. Congrats, Cardinals on a comeback effort!
it was a mixture of walks, errors and hitting. As for stats go, i wouldnt even want to see the scorebook after a game like this!
NO WAY! Would have hated to have seen this one.
Pink Flamingo Wrote:it was a mixture of walks, errors and hitting. As for stats go, i wouldnt even want to see the scorebook after a game like this!

I guess you were at the game, and it was a wild one. During the rally did you see the right fielder number 20 something hit the triple and almost die from having to run three bases- hilarious!

Good job cards!:Cheerlead
I still cannot figure out why Pikeville took out every starter when they were up 20-5. They have JV games for those kids. A game is not over until its over. Then they left them in for all 17 runs SC scored in that inning.
sheww, that was a good game. so many fans and the atmosphere was awesome. when that 2nd run touched home plate i collapsed...congrats SC
Wow, Sc showed alot of heart in that one.
this is just absolutely amazing.
UNREAL! Would like to see this one!
The game lasted around six hours
HAHA GO CARDS!!
how many people from Pville is going to post replys that say scoring the 15 runs was jus a "FLUKE" like they did when Belfry but 11 on them in one inning. LOL i love any team that beats pville.
15 runs in one inning just a fluke for Sheldon Clark, well i gaurantee Pikeville will tell you that Sheldon Clark. GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A BIG congrats to Sheldon Clark.
Way to go Cards!
It wasn't a fluke cause they scored it on 8th graders and Freshmen. Yes, it was our fault for takin out all the starters and it came right back in our face.
yankeefan Wrote:yes sc was down alot but the freshman pitcher James goble pitched the best game i have ever seen that kid pitch. the game of baseball is allways a unpredictible game of sports. its like forst gump allways said life is like a box of chocolates you never no what your going to get. but good game for the cards..if they play like they did in the fifth-seventh they have the potential to win another regional championship title GO SC... James Gobles second win on the year as a freshman
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surely to goodness Goble didn't pitch the entire game? If so, I wouldn't exactly call allowing 25 runs, the best game he's ever pitched.
Pupaw Wrote:Surely to goodness Goble didn't pitch the entire game? If so, I wouldn't exactly call allowing 25 runs, the best game he's ever pitched.
LMAO, No he came in during the 5th and actually only gave up 3 or 4 earned runs. I'm pretty sure that neither team had a clue on the subs and who was hitting where. After Pikeville brought the varsity back in they could have batted them where ever because I'm sure Mike Hall and whoever keeps book didn't write down who actually entered and left the game.
With a 26-25 score, neither team should be very proud of their performance.
Prep Star Wrote:The big 5th inning was lead by a ton of walks. SC scored 12 runs with 2 outs and I think there was only 1-2 errors that inning. My big question is what the hell was coach Priode thinking? If I'm #53 mom or dad then were having a long talk about why my kid was left in the game after giving up 9 or 10 runs. That little kid couldnt have been in 9th grade and he def. did not deserve to stay in the game while most of the varsity starter's were eatting hot dogs and playing pepper along the foul line in left field.

I agree on the part about number 53...He is in the 8th grade, and has done very well for the Panthers all year, but that was just throwing him into the fire, and thats a tough place to be!!

On the other hand, saying Pikeville's starters were eating hotdogs and playing pepper is absurd. At one point, the players were told to go get loose and so they started jogging and tossing, but to make it sound as if they were indifferent to the situation is disrespectful...They had done their job, and then were forced to get loose for a second time. That is more than tough to do, especially in the cold temperature.
Wow...this is crazy...At first I thought that someone put a softball score in here or something on accident...Just amazing....
Takes away the "put the JV team in" theory. Maybe Coach Priode should have left a few varsity players in, instead of replacing all but one with JV.
Wow, crazyness lol ...Congrats SC on not giving up!
Pages: 1 2