Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian @ Somerset 11/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we can all say that we saw this coming, other than maybe a few die hard Danville fans. Somerset comes into this one 10-2 and LCA comes into this one 9-3. Both teams have had great seasons. They met in the regular season with Somerset steamrolling LCA at the Briar Patch 35-0.

What are your thoughts and predictions on this one?
Somerset - 28
LCA - 13
Bunnies by 14
Somerset took care LCA in the first matchup pretty easily, don’t see much changing in this one, Somerset 24 LCA 7
This game will be much closer this time around :popcorn:

Somerset 27
LCA 20

LCA has a shot pulling upset........
Patriot1 Wrote:Somerset took care LCA in the first matchup pretty easily, don’t see much changing in this one, Somerset 24 LCA 7

you must not have been there! the game was 0-0 at the half LCA couldn't adjust and took out starters in the 4th to save for danville the next week. the eagles will come to play
64SUR Wrote:This game will be much closer this time around :popcorn:

Somerset 27
LCA 20

LCA has a shot pulling upset........

No shot, if you watched last game you know that. Somerset 28-7 and LCA will be lucky to get 7. Somerset Def is real.:ChairHit:
Bunnies win! I can not imagine a good reason s to why these 2 played in the regular season. I do not think it is ever a good idea to play a potential playoff opponent
Because Somerset and LCA is in the same district that’s why they play in regular season. Somerset will dominate this game again.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Bunnies win! I can not imagine a good reason s to why these 2 played in the regular season. I do not think it is ever a good idea to play a potential playoff opponent

They play for the same reason Mayfield plays Murray in the regular season.
I was confident that Somerset would beat Danville, so lets just say that I am overly confident that the Bunnies will win this one as well. Don't be fooled by the score that LCA put up against Shelby Valley. 2A District 8 is about as weak as it gets.

Somerset - 35

LCA - 7
Somerset 28-14
Patriot1 Wrote:Somerset took care LCA in the first matchup pretty easily, don’t see much changing in this one, Somerset 24 LCA 7

Eagle2009 Wrote:you must not have been there! the game was 0-0 at the half LCA couldn't adjust and took out starters in the 4th to save for danville the next week. the eagles will come to play

I'm not sure how that makes the above statement any less true?! LCA couldn't keep up with Somerset then and they won't be able to do it now.
Eagle2009 Wrote:you must not have been there! the game was 0-0 at the half LCA couldn't adjust and took out starters in the 4th to save for danville the next week. the eagles will come to play

I wasn’t there and actually wood have like to see LCA been in the game but the statement you made is a mystery to me why would you take your starters out in a close district game if the score was 0 to 0 at half. You sure you where there?
Somersets defense carries them to the semis.
Patriot1 Wrote:I wasn’t there and actually wood have like to see LCA been in the game but the statement you made is a mystery to me why would you take your starters out in a close district game if the score was 0 to 0 at half. You sure you where there?
i sure was there and when somerset got a good lead the starters were pulled i am not saying this was the reason for the loss. i am only saying the score is not indicative of the real matchup.
I'll take Somerset.
Somerset, because it at Somerset and they play Def.
Eagle2009 Wrote:i sure was there and when somerset got a good lead the starters were pulled i am not saying this was the reason for the loss. i am only saying the score is not indicative of the real matchup.

Where you at the Pike County Bowl, when Pikeville got a lead LCA didn’t pull the starters. So you statement makes no sense what so ever. I wasn’t there but I doubt they pulled the starters and I still like LCA but don’t think they win this one either. Somerset’s defense will win this game for them again.
Eagle2009 Wrote:i sure was there and when somerset got a good lead the starters were pulled i am not saying this was the reason for the loss. i am only saying the score is not indicative of the real matchup.

So it sounds as though the coaches felt the game had gotten out of hand, so they did not want to risk a pointless injury as well as give the younger guys some experience. I would say that the score is very indicative of the matchup.
Bunnies - 41
LCA - 6
Briar Jumpers squeak by, winning 20-14.

comical.