Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands at Cov Cath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First game very close. Who wins this one?
Covington Catholic wins comfortably. Highlands has not played well last two weeks.
After watching the last couple Highlands games I do not think they will ever return to their previous status with this coaching staff
sstack Wrote:After watching the last couple Highlands games I do not think they will ever return to their previous status with this coaching staff

Let’s let the game play out...but from the outside looking in, that seems like what Cov cath went through for almost a decade.
I agree about the coaching staff. The 3 years prior to this the talent was down. But not about 19 losses down. This coaching staff is basically counting on the players with whatever athletic ability they have to bale them out.
Last night coaching for both teams was terrible. If that kid running alone at the 10 yard line doesn’t fumble on his own. Birds get beat
Just curious what is the all time head to head standings between Cov Cath and Highlands?
Mister D Wrote:Just curious what is the all time head to head standings between Cov Cath and Highlands?

A lot to a little all time in favor of highlands. From 87-97 they were back and forth if I remember correctly
bo67 Wrote:Last night coaching for both teams was terrible. If that kid running alone at the 10 yard line doesn’t fumble on his own. Birds get beat

You mean that incomplete pass?

CovCath - 34
HHS - 21
FoSho Wrote:You mean that incomplete pass?

CovCath - 34
HHS - 21

I agree FoSho, I've been really high on Cov.Cath all year and I think they win this one to. My margin is a little wider than yours though.

Cov.Cath 42
Highlands 17
FoSho. I didn’t see it clearly. If incomplete. Highlands got a gift
bo67 Wrote:FoSho. I didn’t see it clearly. If incomplete. Highlands got a gift

It was on the news last night. Great view of it.

Even the news guys said it was not a catch but it was close. Looked to me like it was not a catch but not a horrible call either way. Without replay, a tough call.
Playing this game at home highlands don’t have a chances Confusednicker:

Covington Catholic 48
Highlands 14
FoSho Wrote:It was on the news last night. Great view of it.

Even the news guys said it was not a catch but it was close. Looked to me like it was not a catch but not a horrible call either way. Without replay, a tough call.

Some of the worst refs I have ever seen. They could not even keep track of downs, calling passes incomplete/complete from 20-30 yards away from play, allowing play to get out of hand, etc.
bo67 Wrote:Last night coaching for both teams was terrible. If that kid running alone at the 10 yard line doesn’t fumble on his own. Birds get beat

Why do they continue to run Schwalbach up the middle all he does is lower his head and run into the back of his own players. The speedsters green and buten do very well finding the hole and moving the ball I also feel like coaches have lost faith in Crammer throwing the ball he’s looked terrible the past couple games
Schwaubach has never impressed me. He needs a huge hole to go anywhere. And a strong wind would blow him over. Coaches need to just give the QB confidence again. Basically short passes. I think Cov Cath will take that bubble pass away. And jump one if he’s not carefull. Not the DB. A LB coming between receiver and QB. I’d run the bubble. But later fake it and hit a quick slant. Outs might be there. The receivers need to get separation to go deep. Don’t force it. Put QB in a safer situation. Cause he is struggling
Cov Cath by 14
Sent coach a short message. GO GET EM
Cov Cath by 21.
Some thoughts. When these 2 played the first time. It was close. We will find out if it was a fluke this Friday. Cov Cath came banged up. Were they over confident just beating Bishop and Catheral by 3 scores. Knowing there’s no way Highlands could beat those teams. And knowing Highlands is not back yet. And thinking how they destroyed them twice last year. I don’t think they will enter this game the same way. Their coach will not let that happen.
Noticed Cov Cath put 10 players on Ky All Star Team. HHS put 5 but 2 are kickers
The weather, the venue, the intact roster, and the motivation to prove a point should help the colonels I would think.
Cov Cath by 21.