Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 55 McLean Co 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final..

This one was under a running clock with a minute to go in 1st half. McLean scores on last play of game and gets a 2 point conversion against the JV unit. They also scored against the JV on the last play of the 3rd quarter. Game never in doubt and Cardinal offense once again was impressive.
dominant effort by the big red...could have scored at least 70, if not more.
Congrats to Mayfield. Cards continue to dominate.
Huge News!!!! Murray leads the OC, listening on radio Start of 4th @ Murray up 9 41-32
Mayfield
Rushing - 209
Passing - 186
Total - 395
Kent Trey Matthews has 119 yards rushing with 4 TD.
Jayden Stinson passed for 186 yards.

McLean Co.
Rushing - 213
Passing - 40
Total - 253 yards

McLean scored only 7 on the starters of Mayfield.
Halftime stats would look way different for McLean
Cards starting offense ran 16 plays last night per Morris on coaches show. Stinson at QB was 6-6, Nathews rushed 7 times for 119 and 4 TD's. The 8 yard td and the 2 yard td hurt his average per carry or he would have had the best stat line for the night but instead the best stat line for a running back goes to McLean Counties Noah Baldwin who had 7 carries for 136 yards. Who would of guessed that!
Loved the McLean coaches quote at the end of the article

"I am very proud of our team and this season's accomplishments," Cougars coach Zach Wagner said. "We had a similar face tonight as 11 other teams that played Mayfield."
One more preseason game and then get one of the privates from Louisville.
E's Army Wrote:One more preseason game and then get one of the privates from Louisville.

Wrong
Mayfield methodically marching towards another big trophy.
E's Army Wrote:One more preseason game and then get one of the privates from Louisville.

Actually with the cross bracketing we will likely head to Glasgow. The only way we see the privates this year would be if we are fortunate enough to make it to the state title game
Okay, 2 more preseason games and then we face CAL.
mysonis55 Wrote:Okay, 2 more preseason games and then we face CAL.

I think we handle Murray, I haven’t seen Glasgow, but the refs last night were from Glasgow, they said they were bigger than McLean and very good. Playing there, assuming they win, I believe it’ll be a tuff game, the only way you beat mayfield is to keep the ball away from them, a big , strong, athletic team like Glasgow might be our tuffest challenge yet.
rookie57 Wrote:I think we handle Murray, I haven’t seen Glasgow, but the refs last night were from Glasgow, they said they were bigger than McLean and very good. Playing there, assuming they win, I believe it’ll be a tuff game, the only way you beat mayfield is to keep the ball away from them, a big , strong, athletic team like Glasgow might be our tuffest challenge yet.

Nope. Can’t keep within 4 touchdowns. As I remember Fairview of 2012 was big and good too.
rookie57 Wrote:I think we handle Murray, I haven’t seen Glasgow, but the refs last night were from Glasgow, they said they were bigger than McLean and very good. Playing there, assuming they win, I believe it’ll be a tuff game, the only way you beat mayfield is to keep the ball away from them, a big , strong, athletic team like Glasgow might be our tuffest challenge yet.

Glasgow will be a challenge. Nick Mitchell has rushed for right at 1,950 yards so far. He is a load, very big, and hard to bring down. Doesn't look to be that fast though. I'm curious as to how much Murray has improved.
I'd love to hear what the guys on the homers show have to say about the outcome of this game. They where predicting it to be close. They said Mayfield can't stop the run, and that is Mcleans bread, and butter.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'd love to hear what the guys on the homers show have to say about the outcome of this game. They where predicting it to be close. They said Mayfield can't stop the run, and that is Mcleans bread, and butter.

Any team that has had success running the football against mayfield, DID’NT, in the second half.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Glasgow will be a challenge. Nick Mitchell has rushed for right at 1,950 yards so far. He is a load, very big, and hard to bring down. Doesn't look to be that fast though. I'm curious as to how much Murray has improved.

Come to breakfast Friday plz. Maybe just maybe, I can make some money off you. I would be willing to do that.
Just looking at the Scotties schedule tells me all I need to know. They played even with E Town a couple of weeks ago, and Tilghman played E Town within a score. Murray will probably be a better game than Glasgow.
WHO'S NEXT? Wrote:Just looking at the Scotties schedule tells me all I need to know. They played even with E Town a couple of weeks ago, and Tilghman played E Town within a score. Murray will probably be a better game than Glasgow.

Fair enough, but comparing scores of common opponents doesn’t tell the whole story, I hope your right .
rookie57 Wrote:Fair enough, but comparing scores of common opponents doesn’t tell the whole story, I hope your right .
It likely wouldn't mean much if one played E Town early in the season and the other one late, but these 2 played them within a couple of weeks of one another, and just in the last month. Only one serious title contender on Glasgow's sked, Franklin Simpson, and we see how that went.