Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vote for Madison!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys and gals first off I want you to know this isn't some spam crap.... I am gonna ask a favor of the BGR "family"....

Okay, a friend of mine left this link on another website that I frequent. It is from a little girl who wrote a essay about her mother for Mother's Day. She is one of 3 finalists in the contest but here is the touching part.... Madison's mother has a tumor in her chest area. In her essay (which you can read when you click to vote) Madison tells some of the things that her mother has endured and how she feels about her mom. This really is a sweet writing for an 11 year old girl. She did this and not even her mom knew she was doing it! You can tell in the writing that she did it alone. Madison's writing and a video are the first ones.... Please, if you have the time just click the link and read the essay and vote for Madison. This little girl deserves a little something special.... Thanks everyone!!!

http://www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S...=menu203_1
10-4.
Done.
Thanks gang.... Keep em' comin!!!
I voted but I'm about crying right now listening to this.
I know what ya mean.... it is heartbreaking!!!
phs1986 Wrote:I know what ya mean.... it is heartbreaking!!!

You see the mom start losing it a few times, the little girls amazing
I voted for Madison. This is so heartbreaking, not afraid to say I am crying.
It is!! The thing about this is that Madison's mom didn't know she had written the essay until she was chosen as one of the 3 finalists!! This is one of the sweetest things a child can do for their parent....
I also posted this on our local message board so she can get more votes.
i voted for her
I also posted this on our local message board so she can get more votes.

i voted for her

Thanks!!! I appreciate it!! (Both of ya's!!)
Voted and will pass it on.
I cast mine and am forwarding this on.
Touching story...count my vote.
She got my vote!!!
I voted for her!
I voted.
I voted for her.
Thanks everyone.... I would love to see this little girl get the most votes EVER recorded!! LOL.... I personally don't even know her but this essay and her humble heart towards her mother have really touched me!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed that Madison wins this!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Thanks everyone.... I would love to see this little girl get the most votes EVER recorded!! LOL.... I personally don't even know her but this essay and her humble heart towards her mother have really touched me!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed that Madison wins this!!!
I agree, I couldn't imagine going through this at age 11, its hard enough as an adult to watch your mother struggle. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be for a little girl. Her heart is in the right place I hope she wins the prize also.

:getwell:
Do you know when the contest is over and what the prize is? Also, can you vote more than once?
Her essay was very touching... she deserves to win!
I actually sent a e-mail to the station and asked when the voting stopped... I will post it as soon as I get a message back from them....... I vote EVERYDAY!! several times a day!! LOLOL.... I want this baby to win!!! Smile
Voting ends on Friday.... I just got the e-mail!! Come on gang... let's get to votin!!!
I voted for her
I think that most of her competitors would be the friends and family of the other children involved but all of us have voted and I know that I got at least a dozen other people to do it so I'm hoping that she wins.

What is the prize?
From what I understand her and her mom get treated to some special stuff from area businesses.... There is more than one prize so .... I'll keep ya posted as to whom pulls this one out!! and THANKS again for voting for her!!
Last night to vote!!! Smile
Let's give her one more from each of us!!!
Hmmmmm...it says Michelle Price won...is this Madison's mom??
Looks like Video #1 won and that was Madison's!
YEP... she did!!!!

http://www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S...=menu203_1

Here is the link and it says there were a record number of votes this week....16,899!!!! I am soooooo happy for this little girl and her mom. Thanks everyone...