Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County Looking For A New Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell County Football Team is looking for a new coach once again. Where Whitaker's wife didn't get the principal job here, he decided to look for a new head coaching job. And Morgan County let go of their new head coach already, so guess where Whitaker is going to end up? His wife got a principal job at Morgan County so he could be heading to Morgan County. Tough break for Powell County.
Is this official, just hearsay? Hate to hear this if it indeed is true.
I hope this is not true. This would really be a shady move and a total confidence breaker for Powell football. I really need to know if this is a fact or not????????????????????????
He put his application in for the head coaching job. His wife wanted a principal job and she got one in Morgan County. Very bad for Powell County if he leaves.
Sorry to hear about that in Powell. That will be a major blow to the time.
bluegrassballa Wrote:He put his application in for the head coaching job. His wife wanted a principal job and she got one in Morgan County. Very bad for Powell County if he leaves.

Which school are you referring to?
there is truth to this. the only coach at weight lifting is fugate and from what i have heard he is barely there because he works away or something. This will be tough for Powell county next season.
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Which school are you referring to?

Morgan County High School
bluegrassballa Wrote:Morgan County High School

Were are you getting your information from? Your just writing on here what your hearing around school. Unless you hear it from Mike Whitaker dont write it on here.
bigbill2 Wrote:Were are you getting your information from? Your just writing on here what your hearing around school. Unless you hear it from Mike Whitaker dont write it on here.

Ok Billy. Coach Jones has no clue what he's talking about when he use to be the head coach here. And I have no idea what I'm talking about. You know that its true. Whitaker is headed to Morgan County. Watch and see.
coach whitaker will stay in powell co. he has already planned his football camp. sorry guys powell keeps their coach.
qb destroyer Wrote:coach whitaker will stay in powell co. he has already planned his football camp. sorry guys powell keeps their coach.

That is exactly what I was trying to tell everyone. As a matter of fact Coach Whitaker will be in Powell Co. today. Some people just dont appreciate the effort that Powell County is making to be sucessful.
Guess we'll get the answer to the definitive question today??????? Is he staying and was never leaving, or is he going.

Kinda reminds me of an old 80's song by the one hit wonder THE CLASH :thumpsup:
It would seem that this bunch is incapable of running a program. How many coached have been rumored to be the next savior since the off season began? Maybe they should disolve the program for a couple of years then try again. They will be competing in 3A this year in tough district and even tougher region.
bigbill2 Wrote:That is exactly what I was trying to tell everyone. As a matter of fact Coach Whitaker will be in Powell Co. today. Some people just dont appreciate the effort that Powell County is making to be sucessful.

Whitaker was supposed to be in Stanton yesterday. Well what is the word in Pirateland?

Is Mike a Pirate or a Cougar?
RUNNING DOWNHILL Wrote:Whitaker was supposed to be in Stanton yesterday. Well what is the word in Pirateland?

Is Mike a Pirate or a Cougar?

He is a Pirate and will be a Pirate for a long time
That's good then. Things could be interesting in the district this year. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Two established teams and three other coming off rebuilding years, but seem to be turning the corner with some higher expectations and enthusiasm. We'll have to wait till bout mid to late October to find out where the chips fall! Three aerial attacks vs. two ground and pound teams.
Whitaker will 100% be at Powell county this season.
People are getting on here and flat out lying.
Powell has twice the facilities of Morgan and coach Whitaker will be at Powell county and Powell wins at least 6 games minimum.
Whitaker is not going to Morgan. This is 100% correct.