Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 41 Garrard County 0 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Pond Creek. Belfry actually played Pirate football tonight in all three phases of the game. Next week we'll see just how good we really are against a pretty damn good Lex.Cath team. The Pirates will definitely be tested and will have to bring their "A" game in order to make it to the 3rd round. On a bad note we had another injury tonight on the defensive side of the ball, the one area we just couldn't afford another injury. Our stud LB Mounts was injured in the 2nd Qtr and it didnt look good at all from where I was sitting. I just hope it's not as bad as it looked. We already lost our other starting LB last week at JC and I heard he may be done for the season. We may be in real trouble if Mounts is out to. Just hope and pray that's not the case. But if it is then it's the next man up. Other than that, we played pretty good. On to Week 2 of the playoffs. Go Pirates!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Final from Pond Creek. Belfry actually played Pirate football tonight in all three phases of the game. Next week we'll see just how good we really are against a pretty damn good Lex.Cath team. The Pirates will definitely be tested and will have to bring their "A" game in order to make it to the 3rd round. On a bad note we had another injury tonight on the defensive side of the ball, the one area we just couldn't afford another injury. Our stud LB Mounts was injured in the 2nd Qtr and it didnt look good at all from where I was sitting. I just hope it's not as bad as it looked. We already lost our other starting LB last week at JC and I heard he may be done for the season. We may be in real trouble if Mounts is out to. Just hope and pray that's not the case. But if it is then it's the next man up. Other than that, we played pretty good. On to Week 2 of the playoffs. Go Pirates!

Hate to hear that about Mounts. He's a great player. Hopefully he'll be back.
Congrats to Belfry.
FoSho Wrote:Hate to hear that about Mounts. He's a great player. Hopefully he'll be back.

Thanks brother. Appreciate that. We'll need him next week and definitely need him the week after if we beat LexCath.
Congrats Belfry.
Good Job belfry. HEAL UP!!
Congratulations to the Pirates and hope the player who got injured tonight gets back
So much for the ppl saying Garrard would give them a game lol
Tailback44 Wrote:So much for the ppl saying Garrard would give them a game lol

Garrard had a very nice drive in the 1st quarter....but that was about it. Defensively....Garrard simply didn’t have the horses to compete with the Pirates. I think belfry had ran maybe 15 plays and was close to a running clock. Be interested too see the Lex Cath Defense. At one point their game with Pike Co Central was 22-12, before Catholic broke it open. Should be interesting.
Congrats Pirates!!!
Good game Pirates! Now go get Lex Cath. TongueirateSho
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Garrard had a very nice drive in the 1st quarter....but that was about it. Defensively....Garrard simply didn’t have the horses to compete with the Pirates. I think belfry had ran maybe 15 plays and was close to a running clock. Be interested too see the Lex Cath Defense. At one point their game with Pike Co Central was 22-12, before Catholic broke it open. Should be interesting.

I don’t think from what I’ve watched, about 3 games, they have much of one. Pretty good offense. Several times last night PCC was hitting WRs wide open.
LexCath is improving with every game. That being said, IF LexCath is going to win this game it'll have nothing to do with their defense.

I don't anticipate this being overly close but LexCath is confident for some reason.
Lexington Catholic will not have as good of a trip to Pikeville next week Smile
FoSho Wrote:LexCath is improving with every game. That being said, IF LexCath is going to win this game it'll have nothing to do with their defense.

I don't anticipate this being overly close but LexCath is confident for some reason.

A lot of people a couple weeks ago thought LC would give them a game. I don’t see it either. Belfry is wayyyyy to physical of a team for Lex to keep up. That run game will destroy them. They will put up some points with their passing but not enough to make it in contention.
FoSho Wrote:LexCath is improving with every game. That being said, IF LexCath is going to win this game it'll have nothing to do with their defense.

They were very confident in 2015 Championship game as well!!😂😂
Tailback44 Wrote:So much for the ppl saying Garrard would give them a game lol

I said I thought Garrard would be a tougher out than what most were expecting. I was wrong. I simply shared an opinion. Congrats to Belfry on the win, I hope their LB is ok and hope they drill LexCath.
I hate to hear that about Mounts. He has had a tough year. Congrats to Belfry.
Belfry just put their hard hats on and went to work
64black&gold Wrote:I said I thought Garrard would be a tougher out than what most were expecting. I was wrong. I simply shared an opinion. Congrats to Belfry on the win, I hope their LB is ok and hope they drill LexCath.

Were all wrong here and there. That’s the purpose of this board though, to discuss our opinions.
Any updates on him? Maybe not as serious as first thought, hopefully?
Hound05 Wrote:Any updates on him? Maybe not as serious as first thought, hopefully?

I look for him to play
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I look for him to play

That’s awesome! So not as bad as it looked I assume? Good for the kid and good luck. Hopefully HELL freezes over and we have a dry Friday night without any further injuries
Hound05 Wrote:That’s awesome! So not as bad as it looked I assume? Good for the kid and good luck. Hopefully HELL freezes over and we have a dry Friday night without any further injuries

Hound05 I have to say Hell isnt going to freeze over (don’t you know we are having global warming) and the rain I don’t know but do agree I hope these teams left don’t have any more injuries. Just had to pick at you alittle since your buddy (2face) isn’t on this thread, hahaha
Patriot1 Wrote:Hound05 I have to say Hell isnt going to freeze over (don’t you know we are having global warming) and the rain I don’t know but do agree I hope these teams left don’t have any more injuries. Just had to pick at you alittle since your buddy (2face) isn’t on this thread, hahaha

Hahahaha. He’s probably getting “recruited” by another area team haha