Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Will the margin of victory over CAL be bigger this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even though Mayfield has a much longer bus ride, I will say yes.
Putting cart before horse. To many games yet to be played.
I knew that was going to be one of the first replies. I don’t think so. Mayfield will roll past all 4 opponents on this side. DeSales will be the biggest challenge for CAL to get there and we saw how that will go. The Cards win by three scores against CAL this time around.
If they play like they did against Corbin. Yes!!! By a lot!
It will be a good game, Mayfield I think wins it but not in a blow out. Honestly, I'm not sure any of the state championship games will be blow outs this year.
Any of the big three can win the west.
So the west would be Mayfield, OCath, and Glasgow. I'm not so sure about ANY of these 3. It's Mayfield, that's all, nothing else.
It'll be a great game.
55 will get a massive helping of crow if Mayfield doesnt win it all after this thread.
mysonis55 Wrote:Even though Mayfield has a much longer bus ride, I will say yes.

:lame:
killbilly usmc Wrote:55 will get a massive helping of crow if Mayfield doesnt win it all after this thread.

Danville fed her pretty good last year.
Yea but MF is for real this year. I don’t think he’ll be eating much crow outside of just a horrible performance
Mayfield, DeSales and CAL seemed to all be pretty evenly matched. Should be a great title game.
This reminds me a whole lot of the posts in 2016. Cal won that game going away. If last years game against Cal was played away from Mayfield, Mayfield would not have had to endure the beating they took from Danville in championship game.
Already making excuses about the bus ride?
Hound05 Wrote:Yea but MF is for real this year. I don’t think he’ll be eating much crow outside of just a horrible performance

A performance like Caldwell County? Penalties and turnovers will make for a long bus ride back home as well.
IMO, there’s far to much assuming about a Cal vs Mayfield rematch, there’s a lot of business to take care of before either gets to Kroger field. Mayfield will have to beat OC and probably Glasgow on their fields first, and yes, I ASSUME, fairly confident I might add, that we get the first 2 victories at home. I also ASSUME OC beats Murray. Smile
All I see is Hancock Co at the moment
I think Mayfield should come out of the west, but, OB Catholic and Glasgow won't be pushovers and if they do get a shot at CAL, Desales or Somerset, it'll be a close game that could go either way. With what each of those teams have done this year, I have no reason to believe it'd be a blowout, either way.
Based on all we have at this point to go on is stats on scoring and points allowed looks like CAL would be an appox 5 point favorite. I like to even look deeper into the picture stats and how many different players show up in the lines also as leaders in their respective categories. From what I am seeing the Cardinals have more over all play makers. Keeping them all healthy and on the field brings this game back to a Cardinal advantage IMO. If this game happens I see a close game and Cards +9
With running clocks and weak teams you can’t compare scores it just simply does not tell the truth. Individual stats won’t tell you much either unless you only look at the competitive games and both these schools have too few of those, no matter how much you try to talk up your opponents. I’ve seen people try to tell me how great their defense is based on the number of tackles. The tackle stat just screams that your defense couldn’t get off the field. Common opponents is the best way to get a feel for a match-up and these two have none. Should be a good game is all I can tell you is that if your dreaming up a blowout, this isn’t Danville vs Mayfield last year.
What do the qvhtjtr rating say? Lol
football fan42 Wrote:Individual stats won’t tell you much.

This
I know it's fun to look ahead and all, but, looking 5 weeks ahead is a little much and to many games to be played against other quality teams to even go here. Both CAL and Mayfield have played some good teams and have faired quite well, but, like others have said, one bad game from either and this becomes a moot point. CAL won 2 years ago, Mayfield won last year and a rubber match for all the marbles would be great to see, but, we should probably cool the jets a little because a lot of ball yet to be played out before this behemoth matchup would even happen.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I know it's fun to look ahead and all, but, looking 5 weeks ahead is a little much and to many games to be played against other quality teams to even go here. Both CAL and Mayfield have played some good teams and have faired quite well, but, like others have said, one bad game from either and this becomes a moot point. CAL won 2 years ago, Mayfield won last year and a rubber match for all the marbles would be great to see, but, we should probably cool the jets a little because a lot of ball yet to be played out before this behemoth matchup would even happen.

If this game happens it would be the 3rd and final game between the 2 programs. The series is tied 1-1 and CAL is moving to 3A next year
CAL at home by a field goal. So no Mayfield will not match last seasons margin of 7 whole points.
Iam4thecats Wrote:CAL at home by a field goal. So no Mayfield will not match last seasons margin of 7 whole points.

This game, if it happens will be at Kroger field. I'll take Mayfield by 1 or 100, just win.