Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd Central @ Boyle County 11/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions.
According to MaxPreps Floyd Central is ranked #10,305 and Boyle Co is ranked #589.

This game could be a running clock for our JV.

I'll say:
BC - 55
FC - 0
The fighting chucks 62 6
Boyle by 36+
Floyd Central good luck :popcorn:

Boyle County 56
Floyd Central 07
In jiu-jitsu/catch wrestling, we have a saying "You're either winning or you're learning."

Floyd Central, you are playing the defending state champions & this seasons favored state championship team on their home field..... you will probably do a lot of learning Friday night, but one of my old instructors also told me "Failure isn't failure if a lesson is learned."
Lace'em up tight, strap your helmet on and be ready to learn.
This one gets ugly fast
The playoffs should go back to the top 2 teams in each district
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In jiu-jitsu/catch wrestling, we have a saying "You're either winning or you're learning."

Floyd Central, you are playing the defending state champions & this seasons favored state championship team on their home field..... you will probably do a lot of learning Friday night, but one of my old instructors also told me "Failure isn't failure if a lesson is learned."

I agree with you pulp. But I'm not entirely sure you learn to much here if you're floyd central.
MountainSports Wrote:I agree with you pulp. But I'm not entirely sure you learn to much here if you're floyd central.

Boyle Co is a great program to pattern yours after when you think of how far they were down when Chuck Smith was hired compared to where they are now.

But the game itself will get demoralizing for them pretty quick.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In jiu-jitsu/catch wrestling, we have a saying "You're either winning or you're learning."

MountainSports Wrote:I agree with you pulp. But I'm not entirely sure you learn to much here if you're floyd central.

FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co is a great program to pattern yours after when you think of how far they were down when Chuck Smith was hired compared to where they are now.

I agree the game will get ugly pretty quick......

Think of the guys who fought Ali & Tyson during their title reigns. Even though the other guys lost, they can always say they lost to the champ.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co is a great program to pattern yours after when you think of how far they were down when Chuck Smith was hired compared to where they are now.

I agree. Boyle, Mayfield, Highlands, Johnson central, Belfry, Pikeville, Beechwood and all these top programs should be mimicked. They are doing what most other schools are not.

Btw wasn't larry French there prior to chuck Smith?
MountainSports Wrote:I agree. Boyle, Mayfield, Highlands, Johnson central, Belfry, Pikeville, Beechwood and all these top programs should be mimicked. They are doing what most other schools are not.

Yes he was, and he won 2 state titles at Boyle but by the time he left the program had slipped, they were still winning but was not at the level to compete for a state title.
MountainSports Wrote:I agree. Boyle, Mayfield, Highlands, Johnson central, Belfry, Pikeville, Beechwood and all these top programs should be mimicked. They are doing what most other schools are not.

No. Chuck was hired around '92 and took over a dumpster fire. He had success pretty early and won his first of 5 straight KHSAA titles in '99. He left for UK after the '04 season. It wasn't easy but it starts with the youth program and getting kids involved at a young age. French came to BCHS around 2007 and won titles in '09 & '10. Chuck was rehired in 2013(?).

It takes great coaches, great talent and great support from the community and parents to build a state power.

I wish Floyd Central luck in building their program.
The only thing I know "FoSho" is Boyle Co cruises in this one.
sidelinedoc Wrote:The only thing I know "FoSho" is Boyle Co cruises in this one.

I see what you did there. 😎
FoSho Wrote:No. Chuck was hired around '92 and took over a dumpster fire. He had success pretty early and won his first of 5 straight KHSAA titles in '99. He left for UK after the '04 season. It wasn't easy but it starts with the youth program and getting kids involved at a young age. French came to BCHS around 2007 and won titles in '09 & '10. Chuck was rehired in 2013(?).

It takes great coaches, great talent and great support from the community and parents to build a state power.

I wish Floyd Central luck in building their program.

Larry French was at Boyle before Chuck’s second tenure.

If I had read your whole post I would have seen where you included French.
Delete.
BoyleCo Wrote:The playoffs should go back to the top 2 teams in each district

Yep. Nobody really gains to much from these games. More cons than pros.

If nothing else. Take 3 teams and give a bye. I don’t know of to many districts that have more than 3 teams that deserve to be in the playoffs. I know the KHSAA does it for money, but I don’t see how some of these schools come out ahead after paying the refs.
Look no further to know why there shouldn't be 4 teams per district in the playoffs...
Hate this for Floyd Central who is trying to build a program.
Floyd Central just needs to go down and give their all. Yes, the chips are stacked against them, but they need to find small victories within the game and create memories. Who knows. Maybe they score first and then are beaten badly. At least they can say they had the defending state champs down. This will be the last game most of the seniors will ever strap it on. They owe it to themselves and the underclassmen owe it to the seniors to go down and give it their all.
This one will be as ugly as 64SUR's next wife.
ugly like kitty litter