Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Bye?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Four teams in 1A have a bye for the first round of the playoffs! I was wondering what everyone thought of this? Does it help a team or hurt a team this late in the season to have a week off? How much more preparation does a team get for their second round playoff game?
I think it hurts :popcorn:
If the competition was more balanced it would matter. But I dont think it does.
Honestly, we all pretty much know who is going to win 95% of the first weekend games, so it gives you an extra week to scout and to heel up. Plus, there are very few games in the first couple of rounds that are any good. I think it is a big help but makes no sense why other classes plug teams into the 4th seed slots but not in single A.
It's dumb, and a byproduct of having 6 classes.
A week off is better than playing a noncompetitive team. Only 32 1A teams in state. If a team opts out there is nobody to replace them. Other classes have more than 32 teams is why they are able to move a team in.
Some coaches hate it - kids lose focus.
Some coaches love it - kids get a week to heal.
For me, it would come down to - is there another game close by that I could go to?????

Over here in Grundy, the closest 11/9 game might be 45 minutes away in Pikeville.
VHSL-helper Wrote:Some coaches hate it - kids lose focus.
Some coaches love it - kids get a week to heal.
For me, it would come down to - is there another game close by that I could go to?????

Over here in Grundy, the closest 11/9 game might be 45 minutes away in Pikeville.

Their is a 2A game at Shelby Valley but I don’t know how good it will be. That is alittle closer for you.