Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pratt steps down as Boyd's coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CANNONSBURG — Phil Pratt’s life is woven into the fabric of Boyd County High School basketball.

One of the program’s greatest players went on become a longtime assistant and then head coach of the Lions.

Pratt, 51, said he felt he would know when it was time to step aside. After five years directing the program, Pratt has resigned to spend more time with family.

Pratt said the realization came in January when the team was returning from a trip to Williamson, W.Va.

“It was a cold, rainy evening,’’ Pratt said. “I called home from about Louisa. My wife (Ellen) is fantastic. We’ve been married 25 years and she didn’t say `Did you win, or lose?’ The only thing she asked was, `How far away are you?’ She was watching our grandson (Josh Stacy), and he was running a fever. Ellen’s back was giving her a lot of trouble. When I got home, I took over. I knew then that it was time.’’

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...34533.html
Anyone know who is interested in the job?
Coach Pratt is a class act! I wish him the best.
He is a nice person and I thought a good coach with alot of class. Good luck Coach.
good luch coach!
Good luck with everything coach. Sounds like he is a great person!