Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Amazon.com versus Wal-Mart.com?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I, like I'm sure most of you, frequently order from these two online giants. After all, it's hard to turn down free two day shipping. Plus you have the added benefits of avoiding the crowds at the brick and mortar stores not to mention saving time and gas.

What do you feel are the strengths\weakness and pros\done of each? Do you prefer ordering certain items from each company? Are there better options out there?
I don't think that there is any contest between Walmart and Amazon when it comes to home delivery. Now that Amazon has begun home deliveries with its Whole Foods subsidiary, Walmart's grocery business is likely to become as irrelevant as its other online services are.

There are some areas where Amazon's prices are not competitive, but overall the quality of their website and customer service is unmatched by Walmart or any other company at this time.

I can already get groceries and most common items delivered to my front door in 3 hours or less. Not only that, I can look at an online map and see whether the delivery has arrived at my front door or to my back door. Walmart is way, way behind Amazon technologically and I just don't see them catching up anytime soon.
I used to use Amazon exclusively, but found Wal Mart to be cheaper on a couple items, so I decided to give them a try. Four of my five orders with Wal Mart were in some form or fashion incorrect. Each time, Wal Mart corrected their error with a small discount, but their customer service was not as good as Amazon. Having just posted this thread yesterday morning, I received an email informing me yesterday afternoon that my order from Amazon will be a day late due to carrier (UPS) delay. I doubt that will be covered by Amazon's two day shipping guarantee. I don't know though.

Two of my last three used book orders from third party sellers on Amazon have been incorrect. This after having no issues for many years.
I boycott Amazon, yet rarely order from Walmart.com either.
plantmanky Wrote:I boycott Amazon, yet rarely order from Walmart.com either.

Why do you boycott Amazon?
Westside Wrote:Why do you boycott Amazon?

In the past I had made 3 orders on Amazon, I still to this day, do not have what I ordered for any of those 3 orders.

The first order, never shipped from amazon, it was lost in distribution. Simple answer would have been to just create a new order and process it again right. Nope, Amazon just canceled the order. It took me 3 weeks to get my money back.

The second order, showed that it shipped, problem was amazon shipped it to the wrong country. After taking 3 days to prove the ship to address what not in Spain, Amazon said they had to get the mis shipped product back, before they could reship what I did order to me. I told them to fornicate with a football and asked for my money back.

The third order - which I only ordered because the only place to find something my wife wanted was of course, Amazon - After 3 days the order never showed passed ordered status, I called, Amazon didnt know. 2 More days went by, call, dont know. So I went to the Amazon Pickup in Hebron in person, they had no idea it wasnt filled, but said it was to be filled out of another warehouse, but they did look to see if they had any of the I ordered, they didnt, put in a request to be refunded.

Amazon sucks.
Don't blame you! That kind of customer service sounds like AT&T!! I'm sorry you had that kind of trouble.

But I LOVE it! Amazon makes it so easy. ONE click and I have whatever I ordered in 2 days. I think that's pretty amazing BUT I've never had the kind of issues that you did.
I awoke this morning to find the order that was supposed to be a day late sitting on the mailbox. How the UPS driver balanced it there, and how the box didn't fall off or someone take it, is beyond me. Regardless, it wasn't late.
I love amazon. We order from amazon pantry sometimes. But always had a good experience with it.

Walmart.... well they can go to hell! My wife ordered something from Walmart.com and they already took the money out of her account confirmed her order and then all of a sudden they send her an email saying she had been given a refund due to the Adam been out of stock. But when she got back on the website the item was in stock 10 minutes later but the price had gone up my wife ordered something from Walmart.com and they already took the money out of her account confirmed her order and then all of a sudden they sent her an email saying she had been given a refund due to the item being out of stock. But when she got back on the website the item was in stock 10 minutes later but the price had gone up $18.99 more than what it was! Greedy bastards