Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals Get a Few Post-Draft Steals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, the draft was decent, in some areas, bad in others, probably graded as a high C or low-to-mid B. Everybody knows that they shold have picked a backer and maybe focused more on defense.

However, the post-draft moves that they're making are making up for it.

Along with signing Hartwell, they signed rookie linebacker Earl Everett from Florida, who was the Gators' two-time tackling champion. I was pumped just by his signing, but not enough for you?

Three other players were reportedly signed by the Bengals:
Hawaii offensive linemen Dane Uperesa, BYU tight end Daniel Coats is mostly a blocker but caught 22 balls last season, and Missouri defensive end Xzavie Jackson. who could play as a 3-4 linebacker.

Still not enough?

Other published reports have the Bengals signing Illinois State linebacker Cameron Siskowic, North Carolina wide receiver Jesse Holley and Wake Forest defensive end Bryan Andrews.

Yet to be seen how much they'll produce, but we were lucky that some of these guys went undrafted, especially Everett, and it helps ease some of my tensions about the defense needing help and needing another tight end.
Guess I'm the only one pumped about this
Those are some nice pickups
I would have to say that most of these signings don't exactly have me pumped (they didn't get drafted for some reason), but I do like the signing of Earl Everett. From what I've been seeing, it sounds like most thought he would get taken, even as high as the middle rounds, so it sounds like we may have gotten a steal there. I guess the guy was smart enough to realize that he has his pick of all the teams, and there is definitely a huge opportunity for a LB to come in and not only make the team but maybe even start.

The only thing is I'm wondering is why he didn't get drafted, since many thought he would. Are there any character red flags that I'm not aware of?

Also, the rest of the undrafted guys they signed don't do anything for me. I guess we'll have to see what they bring to the table at training camp.
More Cowbell Wrote:I would have to say that most of these signings don't exactly have me pumped (they didn't get drafted for some reason), but I do like the signing of Earl Everett. From what I've been seeing, it sounds like most thought he would get taken, even as high as the middle rounds, so it sounds like we may have gotten a steal there. I guess the guy was smart enough to realize that he has his pick of all the teams, and there is definitely a huge opportunity for a LB to come in and not only make the team but maybe even start.

The only thing is I'm wondering is why he didn't get drafted, since many thought he would. Are there any character red flags that I'm not aware of?

Also, the rest of the undrafted guys they signed don't do anything for me. I guess we'll have to see what they bring to the table at training camp.

I looked into it, and only found positive things:
Quote:making him one of the top three senior OLBs in the draft and a likely second-round pick.
I did see where his 40 times and cone-drill times weren't good, which was why his stock plumeted, but experts still think he can come in, be a starter, and make a difference.
BFritz Wrote:I looked into it, and only found positive things:

I did see where his 40 times and cone-drill times weren't good, which was why his stock plumeted, but experts still think he can come in, be a starter, and make a difference.

Cool.

I know you like Jeanty, but I would feel much better with him as a backup. I hope this Everett guy comes in and blows the doors off in training camp...
More Cowbell Wrote:Cool.

I know you like Jeanty, but I would feel much better with him as a backup. I hope this Everett guy comes in and blows the doors off in training camp...

Jeanty is just a beast to me, he looks slike Goliath..... I'm waiting for him to blow up one day and just start ripping running backs' heads off, who knows though, might never happen.
The Bengals had a pretty good draft but the only pick i would disagree with is when they wasted a 3rd round pick on Jeff Rowe because this guy is going to be a 3rd string quarterback, so why waste a draft pick on a 3rd string quarterback instead of just picking one up in free agent market, but other than that i think they had a nice draft....by far not the best but a good one.
i would agree with cowbell in saying that the majority of those people named wouldnt exactly excite a lot of teams.
I never did even see this thread. But I am like Fritz, Im pumped about these picks, especially Earl Everett from Florida! He is a beast and will be a big help. Hartwell is a veteran player and will bring alot of experience to Cincy. Im looking forward to NFL!!!
Remember the name Jeff Smith.