Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who or What will make the difference next season in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, everyone is talking about who is going to clinch the 15th region next year and you see alot of different answers but the majority are saying it's going to be Paintsville, SV, or Pikeville. Ok so this thread is for everyone else....

Who or what do you see as key for YOUR favorite team to make a splash in your district and ultimately in the region next season? Who is that one player that you believe if they will give it all they have next season it could make a big difference in where your team ends up in the rankings? What is that one thing that your team needs to do to not only win next season but to win BIG next season?

Please be nice when someone posts their opinion......don't get on here and start putting players or teams down....this is not for that purpose. Thanks....
Without a doubt it will be COACHING at Paintsville. Sure hasn't been any there the last 2 yrs for sure, and a whole lot of selfishness on a team that certainly should have been in Lexington the last 2 yrs. I for one can see that a Certain player in the Tigers lineup sure isnt wanted there. Dang Paintsville wouldnt have won 10 games combined If this certain player wasnt there the last 3 yrs. If things do not change the tigers will be home early in 07/08. I sure Hope they can make it to Rupp.
The Freshmen for Shelby Valley finally shaking off those butterflies and being ready to go out and get it done this year. I feel Ashley kind of choked at state last year and I think Taylor, Elisha, and Ashley will be more than ready this upcoming year.
IMO I think the big Newmann kid from Betsy Layne will dominate next season, and will be key to how many games they win next year.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Without a doubt it will be COACHING at Paintsville. Sure hasn't been any there the last 2 yrs for sure, and a whole lot of selfishness on a team that certainly should have been in Lexington the last 2 yrs. I for one can see that a Certain player in the Tigers lineup sure isnt wanted there. Dang Paintsville wouldnt have won 10 games combined If this certain player wasnt there the last 3 yrs. If things do not change the tigers will be home early in 07/08. I sure Hope they can make it to Rupp.
Jelously has killed that program, and yeah I agree that player your speaking of plays his ass off everygame and does everthing he knows to do to win and still seems unappreciated. They would be horrible w/out him IMO...jmo
OnCeABobcat Wrote:IMO I think the big Newmann kid from Betsy Layne will dominate next season, and will be key to how many games they win next year.
Newman will the best bigman in the 15th next season and quiet possibly one of the best in the Mountains. If BL can get a good PG who can feed him the ball they could be a top 5 team in the region. Theres no one who can guard him this season. Someone said BL had a good group of freshmen coming in so maybe they can suprise some people this season.
The same thing was said about Whitt last season. I think he will be the best post player in the district, but I wouldnt bet on it for the region as a whole.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The same thing was said about Whitt last season. I think he will be the best post player in the district, but I wouldnt bet on it for the region as a whole.

Who else in the region do you think could do you think could shut him down under the basket? Whit wasn't as physical a player as Newman.
Betsy Layne has a chance to be a really good team. I think it will depend on whoever the coach may be, and just how many of those talented 8th graders find their way to Betsy Layne for next year.
Fadeaway Wrote:Who else in the region do you think could do you think could shut him down under the basket? Whit wasn't as physical a player as Newman.

I can think of one player who day in and day out during the off season is playing against better, and more physical players than he is. Also, no where did I say he will be shut down, I just said I dont think he will be the dominate player in the region. Big difference between the two.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The same thing was said about Whitt last season. I think he will be the best post player in the district, but I wouldnt bet on it for the region as a whole.
Actually everyone was talking about how overrated Whitt was as a player, most people were upset last season that Whitt played over Newman.
Newman is twice the man Whitt was. He has too much weight, muscle, and upper body strength for anyone in the 15th, that I know of, to stop him if he gets the ball on the post. "But that will be the key," getting him the ball on the post. Last year not many people knew about him, but I would guess he'll have a couple targets on the back of his jersey, and probably a lot of double-teaming him come next season. JMO
What about it Eagle fans? Who is going to have to step up next season to help make a difference for JC to be a contender for Region?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I can think of one player who day in and day out during the off season is playing against better, and more physical players than he is. Also, no where did I say he will be shut down, I just said I dont think he will be the dominate player in the region. Big difference between the two.

Good point! Personally, I just hope the coach contraversy at BL don't have a negative affect on his chances to play against some quality players in the off-season. Also, If the big guy at Pikeville improves his game, he could create some problems for Newman. That's one that comes to mind because of his size and bulk.
I think for JC to make a splash next season they are going to have to have a couple of things....

1). We are going to have to come out and play like a team every game....not just when we feel like it. Stop arguing among ourselves and stop trying to be the hero. Play team ball everytime on the court.

2). Listen to the coach and run the plays. He knows what he is talking about and if we just listen he can show us how to beat the other team.

3). We really need a big man to step up and be the leader we need him to be. We need someone who can not only defend the post but finish on the offensive side of the boards as well. He needs to be strong.....and he needs to let everyone he comes up against know that he isn't going to back down in the post....ever.

JC has what it takes and I believe that if we can overcome the adversity of this past season....then we can take the region again. I pray for you boys everyday. Don't back down...play as a team.....and listen to your coach. He will not steer you wrong. He just wants to see you as a team play to the very best of your ability. Give him your best everyday....and don't quit!