Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Toughest Districts in KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the toughest districts in Kentucky?
Not very familiar with many outside of 3a but 3a District 8. Corbin, Bell and Casey are all top 10 in 3a imo. Yes, Corbin beats the brakes off Casey and handles Bell pretty well, however they’re in a lot of people’s opinion, the 2nd best team in 3a this year. Bell falls behind around 5-6th and Casey around 10th. Not many districts have 3 of the top 10 teams in their class.
I think the district in 2A with Danville,LCA and Somerset. Most years there is pretty good teams in this one
5a district 5
6a district 3
6a district 7
3a district 4 are the top 4 according to maxpreps

best in class
1a district 8
2a district 7
4a district 8
Think about this next year. 2a will have a district with 3 top 10 teams in it. Mayfield somewhere around #1, Caldwell Co somewhere around #5 and Murray around #7. Then an average Ballard Memorial and it depends on recruits with Fort Campbell.
We get Lex Cath and Anderson County next year.
Bigdog54 Wrote:Not very familiar with many outside of 3a but 3a District 8. Corbin, Bell and Casey are all top 10 in 3a imo. Yes, Corbin beats the brakes off Casey and handles Bell pretty well, however they’re in a lot of people’s opinion, the 2nd best team in 3a this year. Bell falls behind around 5-6th and Casey around 10th. Not many districts have 3 of the top 10 teams in their class.

I’d agree this year it’s a pretty tough district, even though the results wouldn’t show. But it’s in a very weak region. Outside of 3A I don’t keep up with many districts so I’m not to well versed on the matter to comment much further.
What about the district of Scott County, Fredrick Douglas, Henry Clay, and Lexington Layfette?
Nkyfootballguy Wrote:What about the district of Scott County, Fredrick Douglas, Henry Clay, and Lexington Layfette?

Thats 6a-7 its 3rd toughest in the state
District 3 Trinity and St. X? This yr I believe the lexington district maybe stronger.
Yea Louisville is def down overall this year. I don’t see it staying that way long though
Casey has had some of it's better classes the past few years, although a lot of that wasn't talent, but just having the offensive coaching and diversity in a passing game. And we happened to fall in years of some of Corbin's better talent as well. Not only that, and this is no slight to anyone, but Casey has been and still is a true 3A team, with typical 3A numbers on that team. Corbin has been, no fault of their own, a 4A team playing in 3A or the past 2 to 3 years, at least. I'm not sure Bell's enrollment but since they are still staying in 3A I assume they are a true 3A school. We know schools like Louisville Central keep their male enrollment to stay in 3A, although they do play a killer non district schedule so you've gotta give them props. Belfry is small yet has continued to pump out crazy talent, and obviously has coaching. With Glasgow moving up, CAL, etc.. to 3A not sure if life gets any easier if you're a non traditional powerhouse. Of course Corbin moving up benefits anyone that was in this district, Bell moves over a district and probably has no district competition. I haven't fully looked at their district next year though. Taylor and Glasgow now fall in with Casey, to replace Corbin and Bell. Although I can't see Taylor being a force year in and out, at all like a Bell or Corbin, but Taylor will be solid the next 3 years. Isn't Boyle's district pretty tough?
Since 2015 3A D4 has gone 9-3 in 1st round games and are expected to go 3-1 this year. In 2015 Lex Cath was State RU, In 2017 Boyle was state champ. Pretty tough district
Patriot1 Wrote:I think the district in 2A with Danville,LCA and Somerset. Most years there is pretty good teams in this one

Not this year.