Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Raceland 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts?
Right now Raceland should be considered the favorite. Russell will find out how much they have improved from week 1 in this one.
Russell by 3. Rams playing flat
On paper I think Raceland is 2 scores better but if the Rams don’t show up and play like they did against Paintsville then this game is very winnable for Russell.
RAMS rebound from Paintsville loss 35-14.
Hard not to pick Raceland in this one at home..........But,,,,,,,,:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Going to be a warTongueirateSho I like beer and 1A teams :Cheerlead

Raceland 21
Russell 20
The measuring stick is now here to see how far Russell has come this season. I believe young devils have improved, but to what extent is still uncertain at this point. Raceland will play well always do against Russell. The devils must control LOS to have any chance in this one. The Devils have the skilled players to spoil the Orange Parade, but this game will truly be decided in the trenches!
Rams always play A+ in this game, and along with a veteran group I give them the W.

Rams- 28

Devils- 20
Could be very interesting game. I thought Raceland would take care of Paintsville but sounds like they did not play well at all. Russell coming off a big District Championship win against Bath will be ready to play in this game. At this point of the season I think this is a toss up and neither team wants any key players hurt before the playoffs start next week.
Not really sure how this will go but I’m sorta leaning towards a slobber knocker. The Devils have definitely improved and the gap between these 2 teams has closed from the beginning of the year. They played pretty inspired football against Bath if they bring the same energy it will be close. Regardless I’m just glad they don’t have to make the drive anytime to Louisville for the playoff. The young Devils will be a force to deal with the next several years
Raceland wins 28 to 7
Raceland better find an identity quickly it’s week 10. Scoring 25, 27 against average teams. Against the 3 top defensive teams on their schedule they’ve put up 0, 14, & 19 points. Can they get the O rolling against the Red Devils?
Rams by 10. Devils are not the Tigers
Rams are not the Rams
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a little bit. Some fans on here doubting the Rams a little. We didn’t play well and we got beat by a good team. Think bout the wide open passes we overthrew the turnovers in the red zone the missed tackles. First time we’ve looked that bad all season. I think we get locked back in this week and destroy the Devils.
Talk about the play calling all you want. We didn’t execute the plays that were called for crap. Defense was ok but could have been much better than it was. Just weren’t locked in at all. Out of sync all night.
I think Russell wins and here's why. Russell's D weakness is against the pass. Greenup Co. Torched them and so did Ashland. They've been good against the run. They've played against some runners just as good or better than what Raceland has. I know a few were faster than the Rams duo. And the Devil D keep them in check. No disrespect to the Ram backs. They are a good pair. But without a pass game I believe Russell can keep them in check.
Rams 32-14 devils still a little to young yet
mightydog Wrote:I think Russell wins and here's why. Russell's D weakness is against the pass. Greenup Co. Torched them and so did Ashland. They've been good against the run. They've played against some runners just as good or better than what Raceland has. I know a few were faster than the Rams duo. And the Devil D keep them in check. No disrespect to the Ram backs. They are a good pair. But without a pass game I believe Russell can keep them in check.

What is the combined record of all Russells opponents that they have beaten?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:What is the combined record of all Russells opponents that they have beaten?

I’m sure it’s not very good. Russell has a chance in this game, but they have to play perfect to pull of the upset. Russell needs to focus on conventional offensive plays that are both efficient and effective in controlling the clock. If they came out and think they are big n fancy Raceland will embarrass them. The Rams are gonna bring it Friday always do against Russell. The devils have to be physical on LOS only chance in this one.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:What is the combined record of all Russells opponents that they have beaten?

Don't know, Don't care. They've won every game they've had towithout any letdows, and have gotten better along the way.
I think Russell pulls the upset, if it is an upset. Only calling it an upset because their playing on the road. Russell 28 Raceland 27.

Don't know, Don't care. They've won every game they've had to without any letdows, and have gotten better along the way.
I think the rams need to make an example of the devils going into the playoffs!
Raceland well have to be little more creative on offense this week. Russell will be ready for the run game of Raceland.

Russell 22

Raceland 14
^^^ couldn’t be more wrong , need to get back and pound the dang ball stop trying to be so cute , this will be a statement game for Raceland for sure either good or bad , they will learn from their mistakes and get back to Rams we know or fold, I think they get back on track ..

Raceland 35
Russell 12
I agree AFN. I think we tried to force the issue early last week and put too much pressure on Jake. No real run game early, no easy underneath throws to get him comfortable, going for homerun plays and running up the middle instead of hitting the off tackle stuff where we found success in the run game and hitting the underneath stuff in the passing game. Cant be one demensional either way. Our offense relays in rhythm. Didnt have any of that from the jump. Gotta get back to what has been successful.
The tone was set offensively from the start last week.Our coaches micromanage way to much in big games and never give their play makers a chance to make a play.Would love to see the Rams pick up the tempo just a little on offense....they spen to much time standing and looking at the sidelines
The bigger question....does Raceland even have enough kids that truly want to play 15 games this year? Looking at last Friday’s game I say no! Prove me wrong guys!!
What is the combined record of opponents the Rams have beaten.
Russell by 14
Pages: 1 2 3 4