Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
FoSho Wrote:I'll say no more than a TD either way....but JC gets the edge at home.

I agree, this game could go either way. Something I don't agree with though is people saying this game doesn't mean anything. It may not as far as playoffs are concerned. But let me say this, it means alot more than what people think to these players, on both sides. It's a rivalry game, it's for mountain bragging rights, and it's a regular season game. Why in the world would you schedule this game if it doesn't mean anything? I mean come on! All this talk about resting players and not playing to win sets a bad example to these kids. You play if you're healthy enough to play and you play to win. The season isn't over until Friday nights game is over. Then you start preparing for the playoffs. I get sick of hearing "oh this game doesn't matter". It does matter. Maybe not to some of you fans but it means something to most of us fans and I guarantee you it means something to these players. My son told me if there's one game he looks forward to all year and the one he wants to win most it's this game. So don't think this game doesn't mean anything because it does. And I guarantee you the JC players and coaches feel the same way.
FoSho Wrote:I'll say no more than a TD either way....but JC gets the edge at home.

If everyone plays, and they should if they can, then I say the Pirates get the road win. Belfry 42 Johnson Central 35
#55PirateFan Wrote:If everyone plays, and they should if they can, then I say the Pirates get the road win. Belfry 42 Johnson Central 35

I agree, but the problem is that in addition to the already injured Pirates the flu bug has hit bad and I got a list of 5-6 that may not be able to play. Maybe something changes by Friday, but according to my source it does not look good for those 5-6 and all but 1 are starters from the list I was given.
bucslover68 Wrote:I agree, but the problem is that in addition to the already injured Pirates the flu bug has hit bad and I got a list of 5-6 that may not be able to play. Maybe something changes by Friday, but according to my source it does not look good for those 5-6 and all but 1 are starters from the list I was given.

I got it man, if these guys are hurt then they need to sit. No problem here with that. But a "flu bug"? Come on. Do you miss work if you got the "flu bug"? These guys need to play! I've felt like sh!% many times leaving here to go to work, but I went! This isn't an injury.
I got the Johnson Central fighting MATNEY'S 32 BELFRY 28
#55PirateFan Wrote:I got it man, if these guys are hurt then they need to sit. No problem here with that. But a "flu bug"? Come on. Do you miss work if you got the "flu bug"? These guys need to play! I've felt like sh!% many times leaving here to go to work, but I went! This isn't an injury.

There is a huge difference in having a cold and having the flu. If they have the flu, they may not be able to play. I'm the type of person who got up and went to work\school regardless too. I didn't miss a single day of school from kindergarten through high school. So, I know all about this not missing, but the flu is another animal. I always say that when people say they had the flu and say they thought they were going to die, they never really had the flu. When you have the flu, you want to die. The flu does hospitalize and kill thousand of people every year. A lot depends on what stage of the sickness they are in, IMO.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I got it man, if these guys are hurt then they need to sit. No problem here with that. But a "flu bug"? Come on. Do you miss work if you got the "flu bug"? These guys need to play! I've felt like sh!% many times leaving here to go to work, but I went! This isn't an injury.

Believe me if anyone on here knows about the real influenza it’s me. I hope they all play and play well. I hope this team gets near 100% so we can really see what it’s capable of.

Unfortunately....the rumors are true regarding additional injuries and illness. All indications are that 5-6 are highly doubtful....and that’s not counting the kids that have been out. At this point...Just praying we get healthy for the playoffs.
Westside Wrote:There is a huge difference in having a cold and having the flu. If they have the flu, they may not be able to play. I'm the type of person who got up and went to work\school regardless too. I didn't miss a single day of school from kindergarten through high school. So, I know all about this not missing, but the flu is another animal. I always say that when people say they had the flu and say they thought they were going to die, they never really had the flu. When you have the flu, you want to die. The flu does hospitalize and kill thousand of people every year. A lot depends on what stage of the sickness they are in, IMO.

bucslover68 Wrote:Believe me if anyone on here knows about the real influenza it’s me. I hope they all play and play well. I hope this team gets near 100% so we can really see what it’s capable of.

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Unfortunately....the rumors are true regarding additional injuries and illness. All indications are that 5-6 are highly doubtful....and that’s not counting the kids that have been out. At this point...Just praying we get healthy for the playoffs.

Friday night's weather doesn't look to be the best conditions for somebody with an illness...... Cold & Rain.
Don't look good for the visiting team this week. With this game in Painstville, rainy\cold weather and Belfry injuries...

JC - 28
Belfry - 13
Its that time of year next man up!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Friday night's weather doesn't look to be the best conditions for somebody with an illness...... Cold & Rain.

I see what your doing Pulp, and it looks like it's working!
I'll say one more thing about the matter then I'm done. See this right here is a problem! And I'm about to maybe ruffle some feathers on here and I don't care. This needs to be said. Right here is why this generation is soft. Mommy and Daddy want to run and take Lil Johnny or Lil Suzie to the ER everytime one of them farts or sneezes. Let the kids battle through it! Learn to fight! Damn, when I was growing up the best thing for the flu was sweat and dirt. Right here is the reason you got spoiled brats on TV taking knees, protesting everything, and the Nick Bosa's of the world. It's because mom and dad didn't take a switch to that ass or maybe let them sit out of a game cause they didnt feel good! But I guess I'm just different. I hope and pray I'm not the only one that feels this way on here because if I am then we're already screwed. I'll tell you this, my boy Ethan Wolford, is sick to but his big ass is playing Friday night because if he doesnt they'll be taking him to the hospital all right, to get my foot out of it!
If it were a cold or a “hurt” as my coaches called them. I couldn’t agree more with what you are saying. If it’s actually influenza then they don’t need to be playing. It’s highly contagious and can be life threatening.

I do agree with almost all of what you say though. Let them play! The lack of toughness in most kids today is alarming. Life will not stop when you’re An adult because you’re in a little pain or you don’t feel good. You’re setting your kids up for failure.
Something I'm gonna look forward to next season is the Ashland vs. Belfry playoff game..... not for the actual game, but the radio broadcasts of each team.

I'll have both radio streams pulled up so for the entertainment.
#55 PirateFan what you said is true parents are to easy on the kids these days, but when I was a senior we played in the regional tournament in basketball and I had the flu. I played but I was so weak I couldn’t get the ball to the rim but I played. Now looking back I may have hurt my team by doing so because we got beat by a team that we beat bad earlier in the season bad. Not saying I was the reason for the win or the loss but maybe one of the other players where a lot better than me on that night and I should have set, don’t really know what the outcome would have been if I had but it’s something I think about. Your point is true about the kids today and we see it ever day in this world
#55PirateFan Wrote:I see what your doing Pulp, and it looks like it's working!

I wish you would let me in on what Pulp is doing. I have read his post several times and still can't figure it out. Well played, Pulp, whatever it is.
Just food for thought. Do schools ever consider playing these games a day earlier in decent weather? What keeps them from doing so? I know Boyle and Mercer are.
All this information would have been useful before I played my Pick’ems haha. It’s all an attempt to bring me down!!

Westside Wrote:I wish you would let me in on what Pulp is doing. I have read his post several times and still can't figure it out. Well played, Pulp, whatever it is.

What ever #55PirateFan is getting at must be real clever, cause I'm not sure either.
bucslover68 Wrote:Just food for thought. Do schools ever consider playing these games a day earlier in decent weather? What keeps them from doing so? I know Boyle and Mercer are.

I've been saying (my posts on here can back this up) since a certain bowl named after a certain fruit, played against our cross-town rival ended in 2008, that the replacement game needs to be JC vs. Belfry.

Chances of having better & warmer weather are greatly increased in the first weekend in October as opposed to being on the heels of November.

The name Belfry is an attraction. Meaning, when people say "Belfry is coming to town this season" that people want to come see the spectacle of Belfry football.
NOT SAYING MY GOLDEN EAGLES ARE NOT AN ATTRACTION EITHER because we are. People from other counties & other schools come to watch JC play, see the players make their entrance to the field running out of the Eagle head tunnel & getting to hear the best sound clips in the continental United States :biggrin:

JC fans still talk about Tim Couch coming to JC and winning the game on a (beautiful) last second pass play. Not saying JC or Belfry is Tim Couch, but the point I'm trying to make is players and fans will talk about the time they scored a TD on an eventual state championship team. The name that comes to mind for me when I think about Belfry is David Jones.... 2X state champion, UK starter and former NFL player..... you know guys that played against his '03 & '04 teams still talk about making a tackle on him or how many yards their team held him to in a game.
JJ Jude is probably the player most people associate JC football with... state record for single game rushing yards, state career rushing record holder & EKU/Georgetown football starter........ you know guys still talk about Jude similar to the way they talk about Jones.... "we held him to on 126 yds. when we played them" or "he only scored 2 TD's when I was in the game"

When JC or Belfry comes to your town, you know it's worth the price of admission to be at the stadium to see what happens.
These two would be the headliner on a Pay-Per-View boxing or MMA card.
"Tyson vs. Holyfield"
"Mayweather vs. McGregor"
"Ali vs. Frazier"
"Gracie vs. Shamrock"
If this game was played on the Thursday night of Apple Day, with good fall weather, our stadium might be at full capacity with standing room only.

I had to quote the difference but here is a difference in that switch. Today a parent does that and they go to jail but busting little Jimmy's ass. When we were kids it was mom holding us accountable for actions.

I remember many times momma said " go get the switch " and i went and found the biggest and baddest switch i could find. Cause god help me if she went and got one.

but maybe that's why I played with a severe sprain to my feet and maybe that's why i played with broken fingers. No way in hell you were taking me out. Kids today are soft.

when we played we played to beat you to death. These kids just don't play the way we did. It wasn't ball unless you were trying to break your opponents will.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:IMHO, Coleman has been the most pleasant surprise of the season

Wasn’t a surprise to everyone! He figured it out after 7th grade and ain’t looked back.
AngryMob Wrote:Wasn’t a surprise to everyone! He figured it out after 7th grade and ain’t looked back.

Any idea when he will play again?
Johnson Central 48 Belfry 20
Belfry 29
Johnson Central 24
Will there be any video stream for this game?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Will there be any video stream for this game?

Not sure about anything official since the KHSAA doesn’t like it and a lot of schools prohibit it. A couple of Belfry fans usually try to stream on FACEBOOK. If you want to hear the game as well tune in to WDHR.com.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not sure about anything official since the KHSAA doesn’t like it and a lot of schools prohibit it. A couple of Belfry fans usually try to stream on FACEBOOK. If you want to hear the game as well tune in to WDHR.com.

Thanks.
JC 42 Belfry 21
Pages: 1 2 3 4