Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playoff Matchups Set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rough region for New Cath to be in. CAL and DeSales will be tough to get past.
Breathitt is the only one I see making it past the first round out of district 7. After that district 7 will be completely out
That 3A region is a killer....LOL Corbin can play JV and win it.
PRIDE101 Wrote:That 3A region is a killer....LOL Corbin can play JV and win it.

Knox finally performs up to level and wins district.. Knox fans gotta come out and talk for a week before they get knocked back down next Friday
Maybe so , but it doesn't change the fact that region is the weakest in the state.
Wow, didn't realize Belfry ,Boyle country, Western Hills,and Lexington Catholic are all in the same region!
PRIDE101 Wrote:Maybe so , but it doesn't change the fact that region is the weakest in the state.

Knox would finish third in it. Not the strongest, but not awful.
Who would host between Belfry and Boyle County? That is a VERY long drive for either team, but curious if this is the third year in a row KHSAA has managed to send Belfry on the road for the regional final.
bball_fan Wrote:Who would host between Belfry and Boyle County? That is a VERY long drive for either team, but curious if this is the third year in a row KHSAA has managed to send Belfry on the road for the regional final.

I think Boyle would make the drive.
toolaidback Wrote:I think Boyle would make the drive.

How healthy will Boyle be baring no more injuries before then?
bball_fan Wrote:How healthy will Boyle be baring no more injuries before then?

By then they should be close to full strength, barring no more injuries between now and then.
toolaidback Wrote:I think Boyle would make the drive.

Belfry would be at home if they keep winning through the region meaning back to back weeks hosting Lex Cath and Boyle. Tough road to hoe for anyone. Great job by the KHSAA for travel and cost cutting considerations for the second year in a row SMG. Looking at the cross-district match ups through 2022, there are some more head scratchers out there.
bball_fan Wrote:How healthy will Boyle be baring no more injuries before then?

bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry would be at home if they keep winning through the region meaning back to back weeks hosting Lex Cath and Boyle. Tough road to hoe for anyone. Great job by the KHSAA for travel and cost cutting considerations for the second year in a row SMG. Looking at the cross-district match ups through 2022, there are some more head scratchers out there.

As I understand it isn’t this the last year of cross bracketing? aren’t they going to start seeding the playoffs next year?
Jack Lambert Wrote:As I understand it isn’t this the last year of cross bracketing? aren’t they going to start seeding the playoffs next year?

Yea that’s what I thought. But it does seem like I read they were just going to seed the semis. Could be wrong
Jack Lambert Wrote:As I understand it isn’t this the last year of cross bracketing? aren’t they going to start seeding the playoffs next year?

TBH it is a little confusing. I know they initially said they were gonna seed in the semis and then when you look at the KHSAA site it has the cross bracketing up through 2022. I wish they would just do away with the cross bracketing but I have no problem with the seeding if it is at all possible. Seems to me thought that seeding in the final four could potentially make some long road trips for some teams.
Both of you are correct about seeding the semis and it’s my understanding that the seeding process has already been voted on passed and will start next season.
So the widely considered top three teams in 3A is on the same side of the bracket, great. Cross Bracketing has been the worst thing ever. The top four teams in the class could have been the state semi-finals. I'll be glad to see this junk go.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Knox would finish third in it. Not the strongest, but not awful.

So would Jenkins , it is that bad. We will get a feel how we would finish Friday. You have one very good team and one above average don’t make it anywhere near good.
BelfryPride Wrote:https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...708342002/

Thoughts?

Thanks for sharing BelfryPride
touchdownkentucky Wrote:wow, didn't realize belfry ,boyle country, western hills,and lexington catholic are all in the same region!

brutal!!!
To me that region isn’t really different from any other until you get to the championship. Lex cath is and has been overrated. They’ll and bell would be a good game. Like teams. Western hills isn’t much outside of one player. Now the big dogs in it are another story
I don’t know if it’s me or does the KHSAA have something against Belfry. I don’t like Cross Bracelets but I do like beer ( Brett ) :Cheerlead
I look for Boyle, Lexington Catholic, and Western hills to all win there first round games with Belfry being the only survivor of their district. Don’t sleep on Catholic their defense isn’t much but their passing game is really good and they can score some points in a hurry.
Just my opinion after looking at this and taking into consideration all the traveling teams will have to do but I predict the finals are...

Single A: Beechwood vs. Pikeville
Doubt A: Mayfield vs. CAL
Triple A: Central vs. Belfry...
*** I know people is going to freak out saying Boyle is the best team in the state but that is a very long four hour bus ride through the curviest and some of the most up and down roads in the state. Bus lag can get anyone on that trip. As for Corbin, they have played one team this year that had a very strong running attack and it didn't go well.

Four A: Franklin-Simpson vs. Johnson Central
Five A: South Warren vs. Cov. Catholic
Six A: St. X vs. Douglass
bball_fan Wrote:Just my opinion after looking at this and taking into consideration all the traveling teams will have to do but I predict the finals are...

Single A: Beechwood vs. Pikeville
Doubt A: Mayfield vs. CAL
Triple A: Central vs. Belfry...
*** I know people is going to freak out saying Boyle is the best team in the state but that is a very long four hour bus ride through the curviest and some of the most up and down roads in the state. Bus lag can get anyone on that trip. As for Corbin, they have played one team this year that had a very strong running attack and it didn't go well.

Four A: Franklin-Simpson vs. Johnson Central
Five A: South Warren vs. Cov. Catholic
Six A: St. X vs. Douglass

Believe me a 4 hour bus ride won’t bother Boyle you don’t win 8 state titles and let a bus ride bother you they have a long history of performing well on the road if Belfry ends Boyle’s season then I’m sure the best team will advance.

On a side note if Boyle travels to Belfry they’ll be riding in charter buses so they will be riding in comfort.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Believe me a 4 hour bus ride won’t bother Boyle you don’t win 8 state titles and let a bus ride bother you they have a long history of performing well on the road if Belfry ends Boyle’s season then I’m sure the best team will advance.

On a side note if Boyle travels to Belfry they’ll be riding in charter buses so they will be riding in comfort.

Don’t trust charter buses, Corbin use one to Austin Peay and the air condition didn’t worked temperature outside around 90 so you can imagine how hot it was on the bus for the Corbin player and it did effect them :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Don’t trust charter buses, Corbin use one to Austin Peay and the air condition didn’t worked temperature outside around 90 so you can imagine how hot it was on the bus for the Corbin player and it did effect them :truestory:

I don’t believe it’ll Be 90 in November they will probably have the heat on.😁
I hope they got their money back from that deal. Those kids said they were miserable. On top of the whole pre game debacle. A lot of things went wrong before that game, might not have made a difference, we’ll never know, but it sure didn’t help. As far as long bus drives. It does hurt a tad. No matter how many stops and how you travel. Will it affect Boyle? Yea. But not enough to make a big difference. The home field advantage will hurt Boyle more than that bus ride. I wish it were closer. I’d almost skip our game to watch that one. I see it being a very good very close game.