Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County 21 Southwestern 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Lol southwestern.
I knew for a fact that Pulaski had potential! Not really surprised by this score
Congratulations Maroons!!
Read where Maroons went 92 yards to score with :54 left in game. Impressive.
Man I wish I remembered and cared enough to look back and see which fan it was hating on us saying we need to play the “real team” in Pulaski county. Hahah. (Sorry I had to put that jab in there)

On a serious note, congrats maroons!!! SW is still a solid and dangerous team. Maybe this will refocus them for a deep playoff run!!!
Hatz Wrote:Read where Maroons went 92 yards to score with :54 left in game. Impressive.

It was actually 99 yards. They converted 3 or 4 4th downs on the drive.
Congrats Maroons. Wow!
Yessir!! Go Maroons!
Lol how about them warriors? Y’all drank the kookaid saying they’d beat teams like corbin. Congrats to the maroons. That region is theirs to lose.
Wow sure is a lot of hate towards the warriors !!!! To be honest I've only seen about 4 or 5 people who even seemed to care about them through most of this season and are popping their heads up now???? They lost to their cross town rival by one touchdown with less than a minute to play. Pulaski deserves the credit. They made the plays they had to in the second half to win.
This is a shocker to me! I would have lost money on this game. Congrats Maroons!
Its not the end of the world. SW drove the field numerous times and only stopped themselves(fumble on 4 to go up 21-7) Little injury plagued right now thats why backup was playing and fumbled so hopefully that doesn't linger, but they will be right where they need to be with a film on everything they need to correct. Appeared that without backs being 100% SW didn't show much on offense.
Warriors will be fine come playoffs. Big blows on SW’s offense and defense played a part in this game. The corner, Strunk, not coming back after halftime and Barnes not 100%. Pulaski took full advantage of this.
SW will be fine come playoffs. Big blows to SW’s offense and defense played a factor in this game. The corner, Strunk, not coming back after halftime and Barnes not 100% were big factors in this game.
Apparently Johnny Hines hasn’t forgot how to coach like some had hoped, seems I remember being chastised over this a few months back... told you so!!
Congrats Pulaski County on win, I just knew they was a good team, I been telling everyone since the Corbin game they pass the eye test.......Just wait :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
I don't think anyone hoped Hines had forgot how to coach. But anyone can see things have changed since the Wayne County and Corbin game. Word is someone lined the Old Coach's brakes and he has come around so to speak. No one cares why he has decided to coach but we'll take it!
maroon old school Wrote:I don't think anyone hoped Hines had forgot how to coach. But anyone can see things have changed since the Wayne County and Corbin game. Word is someone lined the Old Coach's brakes and he has come around so to speak. No one cares why he has decided to coach but we'll take it!

Word is everything you said about him and predicted early on turned out to be false.
maroon old school Wrote:I don't think anyone hoped Hines had forgot how to coach. But anyone can see things have changed since the Wayne County and Corbin game. Word is someone lined the Old Coach's brakes and he has come around so to speak. No one cares why he has decided to coach but we'll take it!

That I remember I wasn’t referring to you and the thread in particular was before Pulaski and Corbin played this year. John Hines built Pulaski Co football I doubt anyone had to tell him things weren’t going well and I doubt if he played Corbin or Wayne again that the results would be the same, I guarantee we’d not have a running clock by halftime. Obviously things have finally clicked for these kids, enjoy I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re at Commonwealth Stadium in a few months...
chs crazy Wrote:That I remember I wasn’t referring to you and the thread in particular was before Pulaski and Corbin played this year. John Hines built Pulaski Co football I doubt anyone had to tell him things weren’t going well and I doubt if he played Corbin or Wayne again that the results would be the same, I guarantee we’d not have a running clock by halftime. Obviously things have finally clicked for these kids, enjoy I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re at Commonwealth Stadium in a few months...

I would be shocked if they were in Commonwealth.
Pulaski and Southwestern are both playing for 3rd place. Not beating Covington Catholic in semis. Winner of the region literally gets a trophy and one more game. Wouldn't wanna be either team having to play the north this year
itsatrap Wrote:Pulaski and Southwestern are both playing for 3rd place. Not beating Covington Catholic in semis. Winner of the region literally gets a trophy and one more game. Wouldn't wanna be either team having to play the north this year

I’m actually hearing Franklin Douglas might have something for Covington Catholic but I could see Pulaski making it to commonwealth maybe a little more feasible next year but you never know things happen
chs crazy Wrote:I’m actually hearing Franklin Douglas might have something for Covington Catholic but I could see Pulaski making it to commonwealth maybe a little more feasible next year but you never know things happen

Frederick Douglass is in 6A. Cov Cath, SW and Pulaski are 5A.

Congrats to the Maroons, didn't expect this score.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Frederick Douglass is in 6A. Cov Cath, SW and Pulaski are 5A.

Congrats to the Maroons, didn't expect this score.

For some reason I was thinking they had already moved down this year but your right they are still 6A.
I know I'm late to the party here. I honestly was not giving Pulaski a chance in this one with how dominant Southwestern has been the entire season, but I am glad the Maroons were able to pull it out. This just goes to show that you can never count out a John Hines coached team. Wiley Cain in the real deal and I would love to see him take the Maroons deep into the playoffs!

Can't wait to see the rematch of these two for the region championship game! It will be a dandy!