Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan County @ Powell County 10-19-18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Coming off a loss @Breatthit the pirates go up fast and early. Skidmore and the O-line led by 4 seniors pound the cougars to death in this one and the young guys get some playing time.
Powell-56
Cougars-20
Powell County by 2-3 TD's.
I'd like to see Morgan County be competitive in this game, but I think Powell wins it.
Powell by 18.
Morgan County runs into a buzz saw. Although Powell has some key player not up to par with injuries Pirates still put a thrashing on the Cougars on a very wet and sloppy field.
If Skidmore is out for this game, then it could be a game changer, if he plays then Powell should win big.

I'll take the Pirates 56-13
If Skidmore is out then its very possible Powell loses this game. I'm gonna assume he'll play for their sake and take Powell in a 36 to 6 game
If the coaches have decided that Skidmore is not playing, then they will practice with others in his position or other injured player’s positions this week. I believe either way the coaches will have the Pirates ready come Friday night.

Powell- 42
Morgan-20
PoCofootball Wrote:If the coaches have decided that Skidmore is not playing, then they will practice with others in his position or other injured player’s positions this week. I believe either way the coaches will have the Pirates ready come Friday night.

Powell- 42
Morgan-20
If Skidmore don’t play, like someone said last week, the offensive machine overall don’t seem to click perfectly. If he plays Powell should roll. If they decide to hold him out I believe the Pirates still win and secure a 2 seed. But will be a challenge and need to find someone who can step up. The cougars look to avenge their District title loss last year against the Pirates and they return a very fast running back. #35 can make some plays.
Bigdog54 Wrote:If Skidmore don’t play, like someone said last week, the offensive machine overall don’t seem to click perfectly. If he plays Powell should roll. If they decide to hold him out I believe the Pirates still win and secure a 2 seed. But will be a challenge and need to find someone who can step up. The cougars look to avenge their District title loss last year against the Pirates and they return a very fast running back. #35 can make some plays.

Apparently you didn’t watch the Estill and Powell game. I don’t think Skidmore had a TD but we still won. So somebody stepped up and besides that player, I can think of 2 maybe 3 more that can get us the TD’s we need. Yes, if we had Skidmore i know we would win big but we have players that can let him rest if he needs too.
PoCofootball Wrote:Apparently you didn’t watch the Estill and Powell game. I don’t think Skidmore had a TD but we still won. So somebody stepped up and besides that player, I can think of 2 maybe 3 more that can get us the TD’s we need. Yes, if we had Skidmore i know we would win big but we have players that can let him rest if he needs too.
No I didn’t, I keep up with all the surrounding counties football programs thou. Brooks had a big game against Estill I heard and he can surely be the one to step up again Friday night if the Pirates don’t play Skidmore. Trent is another good one to watch for Powell. Very explosive kid
PoCofootball Wrote:Apparently you didn’t watch the Estill and Powell game. I don’t think Skidmore had a TD but we still won. So somebody stepped up and besides that player, I can think of 2 maybe 3 more that can get us the TD’s we need. Yes, if we had Skidmore i know we would win big but we have players that can let him rest if he needs too.

Skidmore rushed for 343 yards and 6 td's vs Magoffin, the next nest rusher only had a little over 40 yards. They don't beat Magoffin without Skidmore. Skidmore rushed 305 yards vs West Carter, next best rusher had less than 10 yards. Skidmore rushed for almost 200 vs Lawrence, next best rusher was less than 50 yards. After Skidmore left the game at Breathitt, Breathitt blew it open.
Powell goes as far as Skidmore carries them.
F.N.L. Wrote:Skidmore rushed for 343 yards and 6 td's vs Magoffin, the next nest rusher only had a little over 40 yards. They don't beat Magoffin without Skidmore. Skidmore rushed 305 yards vs West Carter, next best rusher had less than 10 yards. Skidmore rushed for almost 200 vs Lawrence, next best rusher was less than 50 yards. After Skidmore left the game at Breathitt, Breathitt blew it open.

But what about the Estill and Powell game?? I’m pretty sure that Estill is better than Morgan this year, and believe if the Pirates could beat Estill with Skidmore not carrying the team on his shoulders then they can let him rest while a few others pick up the slack. Also, how do you know they wouldn’t have beat Magoffin without him? You can’t, unless he wasn’t in the game and we lost. We have players who can make plays but if Skidmore is getting the job done, why switch it up? If he had been out the Magoffin game, I’m sure we still would have won but maybe not by 30 points.
I'll take PoCo with or without Skidmore. Big with or a closer game without.
I played for Powell County in the recent past. Without Skidmore, this Powell County team wins 3 games at best. With little exception, all the former players I've talked to feel this way. This is the weakest line Powell has had in nearly a decade. This is the worst roster Powell has had in at least 6+ years. Yes, they do have some good players and Brooks is a really good QB and they have some nice guys, but still. We are only having success, because of Skidmore. There's 4 explanations as to why Powell is having a terrific season:
A. Skidmore
B. "A."
C. "B."
D. All of the above.

Get the point... PoCo Football no need to be a homer, Skidmore is the real deal. I know this team as much or more than anybody and this is the way it is.
SouthPark Wrote:I played for Powell County in the recent past. Without Skidmore, this Powell County team wins 3 games at best. With little exception, all the former players I've talked to feel this way. This is the weakest line Powell has had in nearly a decade. This is the worst roster Powell has had in at least 6+ years. Yes, they do have some good players and Brooks is a really good QB and they have some nice guys, but still. We are only having success, because of Skidmore. There's 4 explanations as to why Powell is having a terrific season:
A. Skidmore
B. "A."
C. "B."
D. All of the above.

Get the point... PoCo Football no need to be a homer, Skidmore is the real deal. I know this team as much or more than anybody and this is the way it is.

A very honest post. Skidmore is the real deal, absolutely. Powell wont win another game if he's out.
SouthPark Wrote:I played for Powell County in the recent past. Without Skidmore, this Powell County team wins 3 games at best. With little exception, all the former players I've talked to feel this way. This is the weakest line Powell has had in nearly a decade. This is the worst roster Powell has had in at least 6+ years. Yes, they do have some good players and Brooks is a really good QB and they have some nice guys, but still. We are only having success, because of Skidmore. There's 4 explanations as to why Powell is having a terrific season:
A. Skidmore
B. "A."
C. "B."
D. All of the above.

Agree beyond a shadow of a doubt