Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Somerset @ 2A Middlesboro 10/19/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Somerset 56
Middlesboro 0
Another running clock game in favor of the Bunnies
Are the Bunnies good enough to make it to the Grocery Store or just good enough to win a couple playoff games? They certainly have been noteworthy in 2A but I was not impressed with their efforts against 1A schools.
I believe Mayfield, CAL, DeSales, Owensboro Catholic and even possibly even Glasgow are all better than Somerset. Somerset will win their region and maybe even go to Kroger Field, but I believe they get beat by at least 4 TD's if they do. Glad to see them getting back to the top, but they just aren't as strong right now as the teams from the west.
Bunnies by 36+
Somerset should win region. In the semi-finals they will have the winner of CAL/DeSales round 2. The only bright side of that is it will be at home. Still, I think the big 3 in 2A are at least 3 TDs better than everyone else. Jumpers are starting to get healthy at least. Defense has been great, if getting Grundy back can spark some life in the offense then maybe there's a chance. Either way, we'll play the game.
Haven’t seen the AA mountain region this weak overall in many years. Bunnies cruise to the semis.

SHS - 41
MHS - 0
Briar Jumpers with ease 38-0.
This game was one of the top games in the state 30-40 years ago. Somerset has stayed playing at a high level and we have dropped. I’m not for sure what it will take to get back to that level. Go Jackets!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:This game was one of the top games in the state 30-40 years ago. Somerset has stayed playing at a high level and we have dropped. I’m not for sure what it will take to get back to that level. Go Jackets!

Hard work and keep Dudley out of town Confusednicker: Somerset by 35!
Bunnies 48-7
Somerset 49
Middlesboro 06
Craze JACKET man Wrote:This game was one of the top games in the state 30-40 years ago. Somerset has stayed playing at a high level and we have dropped. I’m not for sure what it will take to get back to that level. Go Jackets!

Bunnies aren't really close to what they once were, but they pretty consistently produce above-average teams now (in a six-class system). When somebody sees them field a team comparable to those they had in the 70s/80s, let me know, lol.

Jackets have fallen exponentially further, though...not sure it has ever been darker in the crater than it is now.
Never been this bad for this long, right now there is no end in sight to recover. Hearing rumors that a change is coming but politics may keep it from happening. The answer is not right in front of anyone. People are saying pay big money and bring in a top notch coach, who wants to come in to this situation? It will be a long way back if at all possible.