Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville at Grundy (VA) 10/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:I too appreciate VHSL-helper's suggestions and advice for Panther fans. The closer we get to Friday, the more excited I get for this game. Grundy may be w/o their starting qb, but you know they remember last season getting beat rather handily at Hambley. Imo, they're going to give it all they got, and that's great, because that's just going to make a very competitive game. Just hope for an injury free game, and good luck to both teams. HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
Still going with my Panthers.

PIKEVILLE - 38
GRUNDY - 12
Has his absence been confirmed? I only saw that he got hurt last week, not that he was out. If he's out I HATE that. Hate injuries. But that RB looks like a pretty good load too, had a video of a big hit get retweeted by Sportscenter I believe
PHSForever Wrote:Has his absence been confirmed? I only saw that he got hurt last week, not that he was out. If he's out I HATE that. Hate injuries. But that RB looks like a pretty good load too, had a video of a big hit get retweeted by Sportscenter I believe

Don't really know PHS. Only by what I've read, and like you, I certainly hope he is ok and will be in the lineup Friday eve. Not seen anything to confirm one way or the other. I understand they're more of a run team, and yes that rb does look like a load to bring down. If the qb does return, it would make it even more interesting just to see how the pass game would go, jmo. Btw, good to meet you at the Paintsville game, and we appreciate the offer to sit with your family to get out of the bad weather. :Thumbs:
Game day Panthers time to go to work, buckle up this is going to be a physical game. Love these Panthers and hope for an injury free game for both teams but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Panthers by eleventy billion !
Pikeville tuning up and getting ready for playoffs.
Pikeville 38
Grundy 22
Not going to take anything for granted. These boys are dialed in and focused, know that Grundy can be a dangerous team if overlooked. And they’re not overlooking them. No talking, just straight working. It’s getting to the time of year it is time to let actions do the talking. Love the intensity I’ve seen out of these boys this week when I’ve talked to some. Not gonna make a prediction, just a “Hail Pikeville” and lets ride.
Game time has Been Changed to 7:00. For those who may not know yet.
PHSForever Wrote:Not going to take anything for granted. These boys are dialed in and focused, know that Grundy can be a dangerous team if overlooked. And they’re not overlooking them. No talking, just straight working. It’s getting to the time of year it is time to let actions do the talking. Love the intensity I’ve seen out of these boys this week when I’ve talked to some. Not gonna make a prediction, just a “Hail Pikeville” and lets ride.

Everyone healthy and no nagging injuries for anyone at this time ? Sure hope all is ready to go. Noticed where Kyle Watkins did a fine job last week wearing #9 (Matt Dawahare's) Jersey. Good luck Panthers, and stay focused.
Actually, game time has always been 7:00. Only about 5 schools in Va. still do 7:30.
Talked to a bus driver yest. who saw Endicott & said wasn't taped or anything yest. morning b4 class.
And Rowe is out of football totally... he's now a road guy - driver's ed. and a bus route.
C Roberts to Hensley 87 yards on first play from scrimmage Pikeville up 7-0.
Roberts to Pugh for 70 yards on second play from scrimmage; try for 2 stopped. 13-0.
*47 yd TD pass to Hensley. 20-0, 4:45 left in 1st
Pages: 1 2