Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Homerun Leaders By Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any homerun stats? Who has the most? What team has the most?
Powell county has 5 homeruns, 2 by Brewer, 1 by Ma. Reed, 1 by Profitt, and 1 by Benningfield. The bats have not been that big for Powell county, they find runs from base running, and putting the ball in play. Swinging for the fences can hurt a team when all you need is a simple base hit.
Russ Dotson from powell also has a homerun
all_region_player Wrote:Russ Dotson from powell also has a homerun

Russ is a Sophomore and I think that he will be the best player in the 14th in the next couple of years.
Aaron McIntosh from Powell also hit a homerun, Pretty good being a freshman.
Agree...russ dotson is a talented young man.
I believe russ dotson and aaron mcintosh's home runs were both in j.v. games.
Arthur Gayheart has hit 2 and Zach "The Cav" Hurt has hit 1
Russ Dotson and Aaron McIntosh's hits were each in J.V. but they are still in the 14th.

Watching Powell's Pirates ,I see a couple of boys inching up on a homerun. Sean Ryan almost jerked one in Lee County so hopefully his will come soon. Devon Pelfrey and Logan King are really hitting the ball well ( as are others) as well.
I know this post isn't about who is hitting the ball well. I like to see the homeruns when they are hit but just a good ole' base hit works wonders!
Freeman from Estill has 8.
goinyard Wrote:Freeman from Estill has 8.
Wow. That is def. impressive. Where were most of them....and which was the longest?
8 is awesome. I seen this kid play before. He holds a lot of talent!
Freeman has more upside in terms of potential than anyone in the 14th region and maybe the mountains as a whole. He needs to improve his velocity on the mound but he has raw power at the plate and is a decent judge of the strike zone. A great prospect for ANY D-1 school in the Midwest. As for the homerun discussion...AJ Spare of Hazard has hit 5 dingers this year.
Jenkins had 2 home runs by whitney gibson and kayla stambaugh in the phelps game an HillaryBrashear during the cordia game
He might become a D-1 prospect but he has quite a way to go yet. Great talent no doubt but D-1 at this point is a stretch.
what next Wrote:He might become a D-1 prospect but he has quite a way to go yet. Great talent no doubt but D-1 at this point is a stretch.
This is supposed to be a thread about home runs, individually or by team. By the way, from what I understand, he's already getting attention from a lot of D-1 teams.
i didn't start the conversation regarding D-1. I just responded to what was stated before my post. 8 homeruns is a nice job for the sophmore but what kind of attention is he getting from these D-1 teams?
goinyard Wrote:Freeman from Estill has 8.
He hit a bomb against Owsley on Friday night. I guess that counts for his 9th.
Freeman is a sophomore. He has 2 more years left, And I'm pretty sure that if he puts in some more work there will be no doubt he will be attending a Division 1 school. JMO
Couch from Perry has a few.
Couch has 7
Dotson's Homerun was in a Varsity Game...I was there

numba1 Wrote:I believe russ dotson and aaron mcintosh's home runs were both in j.v. games.
all_region_player Wrote:Dotson's Homerun was in a Varsity Game...I was there
It wasn't even in a game, it was during red/white game. No home-run's for Russ Dotson.
Id have to say that Estill has the most HRs in the 14th.
Freeman-10HRs
Berryman-3HRs
Benedict-2HRs
Isaacs-1HR
Boian-1HR
Lovin-1HR
18 HR's as a team
John Couch from Perry Central has 9 now, and Brandon Napier has 4
Live to Hunt Wrote:John Couch from Perry Central has 9 now, and Brandon Napier has 4

Napier has 5 now, he hit one tonight.