Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Rankings thru 9 weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These rankings are just my opinion, like any other non computerized poll. I'm sure not everyone will agree and that's fine. My rankings take in consideration how teams have performed throughout the entire season, strength of schedule, other ranking systems, recent performance and margin of victory. It doesn't necessarily mean I think a team ranked higher than another would win, but, more so where I think they deserve to be ranked at this point in the season based on the above factors.

Feel free to give your opinion, rank them how you see it or just throw out any thoughts you may have. I welcome and encourage any open discussion, but, ask that it stay civil. Thanks.

1 COVINGTON CATHOLIC
2 FREDRICK DOUGLAS
3 CAL
4 BOYLE CO
5 SOUTH WARREN
6 MALE
7 MAYFIELD
8 DESALES
9 BOWLING GREEN
10 ST XAVIER
11 TRINITY
12 JOHNSON CENTRAL
13 SCOTT CO
14 HIGHLANDS
15 SOUTHWESTERN
16 BELFRY
17 CORBIN
18 CENTRAL
19 BUTLER
20 NORTH HARDIN
21 BEECHWOOD
22 ASHLAND
23 FRANKLIN SIMPSON
24 ANDERSON CO
25 HENRY CLAY

Others receiving consideration in no particular order: Ballard, Caldwell Co, Manual, Owensboro, Owensboro Catholic, South Oldham, Raceland
I'd drop CovCath a couple of spots after their performance last night and swap Male and St.X, but otherwise it looks good.
Covington Catholic didn't play there best, but, it's still a win against a quality opponent and there whole body of work this year has been pretty impressive..

As far as Male is concerned, they went from #1 last week down to #6 this week.. I couldn't justify moving them any lower.. There's no disgrace losing to a solid St X team and with X having 2 losses on there resume, I couldn't see flipping them at this time.. If X keeps on winning impressively, though, it could happen..
Cov Cath is still the team to beat, but they need to get healthy and come out guns ablazin’ for the playoffs. Highlands is a really good team and they gave CCH all they could handle. Cov Cath played not good at all and still came out of ft Thomas with a win. That says something I guess.
Highlands - 42
LexCath - 22

Boyle Co - 40
LexCath - 14

Highlands - 14
CovCath - 21

I think Boyle Co would matchup just fine with CovCath or anyone else for that matter.
FoSho Wrote:Highlands - 42
LexCath - 22

Boyle Co - 40
LexCath - 14

Highlands - 14
CovCath - 21

I think Boyle Co would matchup just fine with CovCath or anyone else for that matter.

Actually the HHS vs LC score was 44-27.
FoSho Wrote:Highlands - 42
LexCath - 22

Boyle Co - 40
LexCath - 14

Highlands - 14
CovCath - 21

Have you seen Cov Cath play? Comparing scores is sophomoric. Boyle doesn’t want any part of Cov Cath. Try and keep yourself somewhat rooted in reality.
Woodsman Wrote:Have you seen Cov Cath play? Comparing scores is sophomoric. Boyle doesn’t want any part of Cov Cath. Try and keep yourself somewhat rooted in reality.

I watched CovCath in the title game and wasn't impressed. We are balanced with a great D and would be just fine vs CovCath.

They beat a mediocre Highlands team by a TD. Highlands lost to Ballard in a scrimmage and was lucky to be close. What does that mean now?!?! I don't know but I'm not scared.
Hatz Wrote:Actually the HHS vs LC score was 44-27.

Even better...I was too lazy to look it up.
FoSho Wrote:I watched CovCath in the title game and wasn't impressed. We are balanced with a great D and would be just fine vs CovCath.

They beat a mediocre Highlands team by a TD. I'm not scared.

Glad you are “not scared!” That just sounds ridiculous by the way. Sad really. Good luck this season. I really hope Boyle doesn’t let you down because it seems you wouldn’t be able to withstand a highscool team of teenagers losing a game. Boyle wants no part of a team like Cov Cath or highlands for that matter. You clearly didn’t watch the game last night nor do you understand the dynamic of this rivalry. Oh well, keep living in the clouds.
Sounds like FoSho is not the only one living in the clouds.
Woodsman Wrote:Glad you are “not scared!” That just sounds ridiculous by the way. Sad really. Good luck this season. I really hope Boyle doesn’t let you down because it seems you wouldn’t be able to withstand a highscool team of teenagers losing a game. Boyle wants no part of a team like Cov Cath or highlands for that matter. You clearly didn’t watch the game last night nor do you understand the dynamic of this rivalry. Oh well, keep living in the clouds.

CovCath is a great team. Highlands is not. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

There is way more to life than football and I will be just fine if we lose. if someone beats Boyle I will give them props and move on with life. This is a message board and it's all in fun.

I can assure you that if you think Highlands gave CovCath all they wanted, the Rebels would bring a bigger challenge. Anyone with a rational mind could come to this conclusion.
If Covington Catholic played like they did last night, but, was playing Boyle instead of Highlands, they would have likely took it on the chin. I do think Boyle is at least a TD or 2s better than Highlands. However, how CC played last night is nothing like they've played in the 1st 8 weeks. That team beats Boyle by 2 or 3 TDs.. I think if there's a rematch with Highlands, they'll win handily. All teams have off nights and last night was one for them.
Woodsman Wrote:Glad you are “not scared!” That just sounds ridiculous by the way. Sad really. Good luck this season. I really hope Boyle doesn’t let you down because it seems you wouldn’t be able to withstand a highscool team of teenagers losing a game. Boyle wants no part of a team like Cov Cath or highlands for that matter. You clearly didn’t watch the game last night nor do you understand the dynamic of this rivalry. Oh well, keep living in the clouds.

I watched both games last night, and I think it's pretty silly to make this statement. There's nothing that would indicate that the Rebels couldn't compete with Cov Cath or Highlands. Maybe i'm missing something, even the announcers said Boyle was the best team Lex Cath has seen all year. I'm pretty sure one of the announcers has been a former coach for many years.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Covington Catholic didn't play there best, but, it's still a win against a quality opponent and there whole body of work this year has been pretty impressive..

As far as Male is concerned, they went from #1 last week down to #6 this week.. I couldn't justify moving them any lower.. There's no disgrace losing to a solid St X team and with X having 2 losses on there resume, I couldn't see flipping them at this time.. If X keeps on winning impressively, though, it could happen..

Eh, I think Highlands in only an okay team. They've only played 3 good teams and they've lost to 2 of them. They did play well last night, but CovCath was playing so badly that the Colonels are just lucky they didn't lose. I'd still place them in the top five, but after that performance I feel they should slip down a spot or two.

St. X is a different beast now than they were at the beginning of the year. Which is no surprise given that they have a new coach still implementing his system.

I see your point on both topics, just have a different opinion on them.
Only rankings that matter is by class, then we can look back and see who was actually right and wrong. Other than that, we're just wasting out breath going back and forth over who is the best. Here's my top five per class..

Single A-
1.Beechwood… 2.Pikeville… 3.Raceland… 4.Paintsville… 5.Hazard

Double A-
1.Mayfield… 2.CAL… 3.DeSales… 4.Owensboro Catholic… 5.Somerset

Triple A-
1.Boyle Co… 2.Belfry… 3.Corbin… 4.Central… 5.Caldwell Co

4A-
1.Johnson Cen… 2.Franklin-Simpson… 3.Ashland… 4.Knox Cen… 5.Moore

5A-
1.Cov. Cath… 2.South Warren… 3.Bowling Green… 4.Southwestern… 5.Highlands

6A-
1.Fred. Doug… 2.St. X… 3.Male… 4.Scott Co… 5.Trinity
KYHSFBFan Wrote:If Covington Catholic played like they did last night, but, was playing Boyle instead of Highlands, they would have likely took it on the chin. I do think Boyle is at least a TD or 2s better than Highlands. However, how CC played last night is nothing like they've played in the 1st 8 weeks. That team beats Boyle by 2 or 3 TDs.. I think if there's a rematch with Highlands, they'll win handily. All teams have off nights and last night was one for them.

When Boyle had an "off night" vs N Hardin (because of injuries) you dropped them in the poll. I guess your bias begins and ends with Boyle Co?

Awesome.
CarzyRock Wrote:Eh, I think Highlands in only an okay team. They've only played 3 good teams and they've lost to 2 of them. They did play well last night, but CovCath was playing so badly that the Colonels are just lucky they didn't lose. I'd still place them in the top five, but after that performance I feel they should slip down a spot or two.

St. X is a different beast now than they were at the beginning of the year. Which is no surprise given that they have a new coach still implementing his system.

I see your point on both topics, just have a different opinion on them.

This is what I'm saying....you are just better at saying it so as not to offend. 👍🏻