Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCreary Central 40 Jackson co 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So sad for for our Boys to lose A blow out to 0-8 McCreary .we will Be 1-9 with only win vs 1A Berea a team who has not win in 4 years and we had a Very weak schedule. . our boys Deserve Better than this we got Killed And should Not have .it was terrible .our Program is in Shambles and it is sad for our Kids .only a handful of kids are Left on the Team .we have some Real good Players .:Sad04: Feel very Sorry for the Boys
jchs football parent Wrote:So sad for for our Boys to lose A blow out to 0-8 McCreary .we will Be 1-9 with only win vs 1A Berea a team who has not win in 4 years and we had a Very weak schedule. . our boys Deserve Better than this we got Killed And should Not have .it was terrible .our Program is in Shambles and it is sad for our Kids .only a handful of kids are Left on the Team .we have some Real good Players .:Sad04: Feel very Sorry for the Boys

Well a few weeks ago Jackson was suppose to beat McCreary bad but looks like McCreary Put the beating on Jackson it was 27-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. good luck with the rest of your season.
Unbeaten55 Wrote:Well a few weeks ago Jackson was suppose to beat McCreary bad but looks like McCreary Put the beating on Jackson it was 27-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. good luck with the rest of your season.

we got outcoached very badly
jchs football parent Wrote:we got outcoached very badly

I find that hard to believe. Unless McCreary hired new coaches. IMO, coaching should have been about even, if not, slightly in favor of Jackson. Sometimes kids just come in ready to play and other kids decide to not do so well for a game. Last year, certainly, McCreary Central should have won this game by at least 3 TDs, but they decided to not practice during fall break and got their butts handed to them. Like I say, I doubt it was the coaching, in this one. Heads up, though, and keep fighting and keep encouraging. The kids that stay with losing programs through the worst times are the kids that will one day, possibly, be known as "the group" that saved the program.
Both programs have struggled for a long time. It wasn't coaching, in fact you should be grateful that you have a coach.
Congrats to Raiders. Just as I was about to give up on them. Good to see a W.
Nice win for Raiders. I think this is only the 4th time in School History that Raiders have made the playoffs. Congratulations to Staff and Players.
They let one get away last year.
smoke1015 Wrote:I find that hard to believe. Unless McCreary hired new coaches. IMO, coaching should have been about even, if not, slightly in favor of Jackson. Sometimes kids just come in ready to play and other kids decide to not do so well for a game. Last year, certainly, McCreary Central should have won this game by at least 3 TDs, but they decided to not practice during fall break and got their butts handed to them. Like I say, I doubt it was the coaching, in this one. Heads up, though, and keep fighting and keep encouraging. The kids that stay with losing programs through the worst times are the kids that will one day, possibly, be known as "the group" that saved the program.

our ad and new principal gonna have to evaluate this top to Bottom No Excus to Lose so bad to McCreary and be 1-8 with Easy Schedule wit the Talents we have
jchs football parent Wrote:our ad and new principal gonna have to evaluate this top to Bottom No Excus to Lose so bad to McCreary and be 1-8 with Easy Schedule wit the Talents we have

I agree you have some talent, but it's not like crazy overwhelming talent. It isn't t that I'm saying "they're not good enough", it's mostly because you just don't have enough kids. You can not win in 3A, not anymore, without some depth. Iron man teams ALWAYS struggled, even back in my high-school years, in the early 90s But today it's just hard to make it if you're playing almost all your kids both ways, and even on special teams. I do agree though you guys should make a big time effort as alumni, parents, fans, supporters of the program to help encourage kids to come out, to change your youth league maybe, middle school, and maybe see if there is some young coach out there who is looking for a job and wants to make a name for himself. Sometimes you stumble onto a great young coach that way.
smoke1015 Wrote:I find that hard to believe. Unless McCreary hired new coaches. IMO, coaching should have been about even, if not, slightly in favor of Jackson. Sometimes kids just come in ready to play and other kids decide to not do so well for a game. Last year, certainly, McCreary Central should have won this game by at least 3 TDs, but they decided to not practice during fall break and got their butts handed to them. Like I say, I doubt it was the coaching, in this one. Heads up, though, and keep fighting and keep encouraging. The kids that stay with losing programs through the worst times are the kids that will one day, possibly, be known as "the group" that saved the program.

You have bashed the Coaching Staff at McCreary Central for a couple years now. I agree last years team got away from Coach Ford. To say Ford and staff is not good is unfair. He comes from Somerset by way of Lex. Cath. Was Off. Cord. there when they won 5 Regionals. Bozeman has Coached at McCreary Central as an Asst. under Coach Gay and at Whitley under Coach Black and Coach Chappell. He has been head Coach at McCreary also. Don't tell me these 2 don't know Football. They work hard and are very dedicated. Find someone else to bash. Please, we struggle and have for most of our Football History, just like Casey Co. did for most of your History.
:why:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:You have bashed the Coaching Staff at McCreary Central for a couple years now. I agree last years team got away from Coach Ford. To say Ford and staff is not good is unfair. He comes from Somerset by way of Lex. Cath. Was Off. Cord. there when they won 5 Regionals. Bozeman has Coached at McCreary Central as an Asst. under Coach Gay and at Whitley under Coach Black and Coach Chappell. He has been head Coach at McCreary also. Don't tell me these 2 don't know Football. They work hard and are very dedicated. Find someone else to bash. Please, we struggle and have for most of our Football History, just like Casey Co. did for most of your History.

This has been the norm, since I started keeping up with them around 2006. Seems everyone wants to blame the Coach even when they were having success. A lot more parts to winning football than Coach. Commitment starts at the top. I would look at Super, AD and Principal. Are these people on board for a good program. If any are not, you will not have a good program. Just my opinion.
Berea hasnt won a football game since October 10th, 2014. WOW. They beat Lynn Camp in their last win.
The seniors on that team have never won a game in high school and there only chance will be against Jellico TN to end the year. That is crazy. Gotta be the longest streak in the state.

That's 1465 days!
Hard for rural counties who don't have a population center to put together a successful football program. McCreary and Jackson County populations are about as isolated as you can get. Hard to get kids to practice in the summer. There is not an interstate in either County. There is not a large employer in either County. Huge swaths of both counties are owned by the federal and state governments. Sustained success in either place is almost impossible. But football is more than wins. Lot of.valuable life lessons to be taught.

Smoke, I really didn't expect you to reply. Because it would be hard to dispute. I remember a time when Casey would not schedule McCreary. So let's hope Casey continues to get better and McCreary continues to improve where it becomes a rival game where both teams compete. Good luck in playoffs with Powell.
:Thumbs: