Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 56 Lawrence County 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Lawrence County. Belfry played an all around pretty good game against a scrappy LC team and improve to 7-1 on the season and 3-0 in the district. While we can always improve in all areas I think the Pirates overall played good. Offensively it was business as usual. O-Line dominating the line of scrimmage and our backfield looking elite. Defensively, IMO, Belfry looked like a different team than in weeks past. Our D is starting to figure it out and play team football. I've been pretty hard on our defense most of the year and their starting to make me eat my words and I love it! One area that is a concern is our FG and punt snapping. But in the snappers defense he has been out a couple weeks with an injury and tonight was his first game back. I'm confident that he'll be back to his old self and be just fine by next week. All in all, nice road win for the Pirates. ISSAC DIXON and BEN BENTLEY! Better remember those names. I'm not going to go into details about these two RB's, I'd be typing all night. But with our O-Line, these two RB's, FB Brett Coleman, and Avery Browning at QB, Belfry has one of the most potent offenses in the state! And yes, I said it! I think we're that good on O. Starting to feel a whole lot better about our chances for a deep playoff run come November after seeing the defense improve week after week. FB Brett Coleman did leave in the 1st Qtr with an injury and this is very concerning. FB Peyton Hensley has been out most of the year with a foot injury and Coleman has exceeded all expectations filling in at FB so much so I think when Hensley gets healthy Brett will stay put at FB. Hope and pray, first of all and most importantly for his health, but that it's not serious. Both FB's being injured and not able to return would be a crucial blow to our plans in November. But hopefully it's just minor and he was held out the rest of the game as a precaution.
Congrats to Pirates.
Forgot to congratulate the Lawrence County Bulldogs on a hard fought game. Those kids never gave up and are a tough scrappy bunch of football players. Nothing to hang their heads about. The Dawgs are improving every game and will be back to playing Lawrence County football like in years past before you know it.
Congratulations to the Pirates
Not a bad showing by the Dawgs.
Really proud of the Dawgs. I think everyone thought Belfry's JV would come in early. That wasn't the case. Putting 28 points on Belfry is no easy task. Belfry's O-line are monsters and the best I've seen in person this season. Isaac Dixon is the real deal. Fast and hard to tackle and behind that O-line, they are tough to beat.
Theoz Wrote:Really proud of the Dawgs. I think everyone thought Belfry's JV would come in early. That wasn't the case. Putting 28 points on Belfry is no easy task. Belfry's O-line are monsters and the best I've seen in person this season. Isaac Dixon is the real deal. Fast and hard to tackle and behind that O-line, they are tough to beat.

I was one that thought the Dawgs would be done by halftime. Not the case at all. LC came to play and did. The Dawgs are getting better every week. The District is better when LC is good and you guys are not to far off from really competing for District titles again. Keep the faith my friend, Dawgs are clawing!
Thanks #55PirateFan for keeping us updated.
Westside Wrote:Thanks #55PirateFan for keeping us updated.

I tried my friend. I didnt get to go to this one, duty called, but I listened to it on the radio. I'll try to do better next time and with more detail! Lol
Waiting on Corbin
Waiting on Boyle county
Congratulations belfry! Sounded like Dixon did anything he wanted. Proud of the Dawgs. I don't believe in moral victories but coach short imo is doing a fantastic job on all levels of the program. might take a few more years but lc will start closing the gap. Good luck pirates and hope you guys make it to the carpet.