Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 38 Hazard 37
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Tigers making a statement.
Congrats to Tigers.
Thanks to OffTheHook and 2000PHS for keeping us updated on the game tonight.
I will set the over/under at 125 for penalty yards against Paintsville next week. We had 114 tonight.
NP bub. Sry I took breaks. Kinda was caught up in moment...lol.
2000PHS Wrote:I will set the over/under at 125 for penalty yards against Paintsville next week. We had 114 tonight.

Kinda looks shady. But, from a listening point, when you jump, no excuse.
OffTheHook Wrote:Kinda looks shady. But, from a listening point, when you jump, no excuse.

And I bleed blue!
This is a stunner to me. I thought Hazard would win this one by a couple of scores. Congrats Paintsville, statement win. Looks like the Tigers are a team to be reckoned with!
Congratulations to Paintsville on the win
#55PirateFan Wrote:This is a stunner to me. I thought Hazard would win this one by a couple of scores. Congrats Paintsville, statement win. Looks like the Tigers are a team to be reckoned with!

Seems like Tigers got themselves down after the Fredrick Douglas game. They need to realise that was a Damn good, one of the best teams in the state. Take your lumps and learn. Only makes you better. I would rather lose games to the BEST than blowout nobodys.

I think their heads are getting straight now. I could be wrong, wouldn't be first time. But. I think these kids are getting things straight. 1 game at a time. Playoffs are when it counts. Live and learn and grow and win!
Stay on the forward track. Regular season is only a preparation.
OffTheHook Wrote:Seems like Tigers got themselves down after the Fredrick Douglas game. They need to realise that was a Damn good, one of the best teams in the state. Take your lumps and learn. Only makes you better. I would rather lose games to the BEST than blowout nobodys.

I think their heads are getting straight now. I could be wrong, wouldn't be first time. But. I think these kids are getting things straight. 1 game at a time. Playoffs are when it counts. Live and learn and grow and win!

Definitely about getting hot at the right time. Paintsville is playing better.
OffTheHook Wrote:Seems like Tigers got themselves down after the Fredrick Douglas game. They need to realise that was a Damn good, one of the best teams in the state. Take your lumps and learn. Only makes you better. I would rather lose games to the BEST than blowout nobodys.

Absolutely agree. Also agree with you as far as FD being one of the top teams in the state, they are! You cant measure Paintsville against a team like that. The Tigers will make some noise in November! Congrats.
bac2369 Wrote:Definitely about getting hot at the right time. Paintsville is playing better.

Just gotta prep for the next one at this time of year. Would rather be 5-1 or 4-2 against GOOD teams. Than be 8-0 against auto wins.

Cant get there unless you beat the good ones.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Absolutely agree. Also agree with you as far as FD being one of the top teams in the state, they are! You cant measure Paintsville against a team like that. The Tigers will make some noise in November! Congrats.

FD IS FOR REAL. I was at that game. That bunch is Good! Everyone said well if the can beat Scott.....WELL...THEY DID! That bunch WILL make a run!
OffTheHook Wrote:Just gotta prep for the next one at this time of year. Would rather be 5-1 or 4-2 against GOOD teams. Than be 8-0 against auto wins.

Cant get there unless you beat the good ones.

Exactly. It should be a battle next week for Paintsville and Raceland. Paintsville has been on the road quite a bit this season and It has prepared them pretty well.
Congratulations Paintsville nice win :Cheerlead
Raceland game will be a war
I gotta wish Skyler Pelfrey a speedy recovery as he went down in the 2nd half and didn’t return.
OffTheHook Wrote:FD IS FOR REAL. I was at that game. That bunch is Good! Everyone said well if the can beat Scott.....WELL...THEY DID! That bunch WILL make a run!

Yes they are. Absolutely loaded with athletes. My son had a recent college visit and there were four FD players there, skill players. After talking with them, and by the way they were nice, respectful young men, sounds like they have some very good size on the offensive front as well protecting them. Anytime you mix a bunch of athletes with good size up front that's the recipe for a perfect storm in my book. After this win tonight, I cant wait for the Raceland game. Should make for a very interesting game with huge playoff implications.
Hazard had the worst two mins of football I’ve ever saw to end the first half
OffTheHook Wrote:Kinda looks shady. But, from a listening point, when you jump, no excuse.

No I wasn't implying that we will get questionable calls, I was stating the fact that we commit too many penalties. Also I believe 100% that 7 man crews are terrible. I guessing around 20 accepted penalties last night.

Definitely not shady, I watched Paintsville this year and they were very undisciplined. A lot of talent, but no discipline.
2000PHS Wrote:No I wasn't implying that we will get questionable calls, I was stating the fact that we commit too many penalties. Also I believe 100% that 7 man crews are terrible. I guessing around 20 accepted penalties last night.

They are a work in Progress in Kentucky, but they will be the new norm in a couple of years.
I had a feeling that Paintsville would come in and steal this. I had predicted a final score of 28-27 in favor of the Tigers.

NICE JOB Paintsville!
Would like to have seen this game. Congrats Tigers. 1-A East is going to be interesting in the post season, no doubt.