Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 33 Bell County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You are very welcome sweetheart; glad to do it!! I will update next week if somebody will feed me scores. Had this not been on TV, I couldn't have done it.
Coach Haddix knows how to win he went to the physical set and stayed because Bell could not stop it. I thought coach Greer made some adjustments after half time to slow the Bell QB down other than that neither team stopped the other from moving the ball. Haddix showed how diverse he is offensively and how confident he is in his team to perform. Taylor and Gibson pulling double duty tonight and it paid well they were the difference offensively.
I've thought a whole lot about this game and was so thankful to WYMT for televising it!!!

So after I slept on it, here's my take away:

Corbin came out absolutely lost. The entire first half except for the last 3 minutes of it, they were just wandering around. Do that again, and your trip to Kroger Field will be over in a New York minute!!! Also, playing with passion is great! That will always boost our performance BUT also play with some control. Those unsportsmanlike penalties will bury you!! You don't always have to run your mouth and have public pissing contests in order to be viewed as tough. There were a few times when I was surprised and disappointed in Haddix's prep of his team in self control.

Much of this same criticism can be applied to Bell County. I saw several punches thrown that (if you can believe it) were missed by the refs. Basically what would happen after a play is a Corbin player would get in someone's face and the retaliation would be a punch in the gut from a BC player. NOT SMART!!! In my personal opinion, Dudley perpetuates this by his own action. Throwing tantrums on the field, stomping up and down the side lines and refusing to shake hands after the game is a terrible example!! But it is typical.

Both teams quarterbacks were stupenous and I was so very impressed!!!

The refs? Well, what do you do? Most of the flags thrown were valid. And I saw some more that should've been called. They definately did not control the tone of the game and severely and negatively impacted the pace of the game. I'm still waiting to here the total number of flags thrown and the number of yards penalized.

Final thought.....both teams have things to work on. Attitude and reaction to adversity top both lists.
PS.....I LOVED watching this game.

A few square offs and dust ups add to the drama, but it's also dangerous to your team.

Quarterbacks from both teams are really really good!!! All the luck in the world to both of them!!

The Lefevers kid came through that line like a Sherman tank!
Very heads up playing by Corbin. They took advantage of every mistake/fumble.
Granny Bear Wrote:I've thought a whole lot about this game and was so thankful to WYMT for televising it!!!

Corbin came out absolutely lost. The entire first half except for the last 3 minutes of it, they were just wandering around. Do that again, and your trip to Kroger Field will be over in a New York minute!!! Also, playing with passion is great! That will always boost our performance BUT also play with some control. Those unsportsmanlike penalties will bury you!! You don't always have to run your mouth and have public pissing contests in order to be viewed as tough. There were a few times when I was surprised and disappointed in Haddix's prep of his team in self control.

Much of this same criticism can be applied to Bell County. I saw several punches thrown that (if you can believe it) were missed by the refs. Basically what would happen after a play is a Corbin player would get in someone's face and the retaliation would be a punch in the gut from a BC player. NOT SMART!!! In my personal opinion, Dudley perpetuates this by his own action. Throwing tantrums on the field, stomping up and down the side lines and refusing to shake hands after the game is a terrible example!! But it is typical.

The refs? Well, what do you do? Most of the flags thrown were valid. And I saw some more that should've been called. They definately did not control the tone of the game and severely and negatively impacted the pace of the game. I'm still waiting to here the total number of flags thrown and the number of yards penalized.

Final thought.....both teams have things to work on. Attitude and reaction to adversity top both lists.
I don't know how to do the bold type to single out part of what you said so:

Granny Bear-"The refs? Well, what do you do? Most of the flags thrown were valid."

I agree 100% with you. Most of the flags were warranted. If you're a ref, do you not make the calls?
If you don't want a flag don't commit a penalty.
8-0
3-0
That’s all I gotta say about our coach and team.
Our QB ran the ball 1 time for a 30 yard touchdown. We beat you at your own game. Duds emotions/sportsmanship need more work than anything as far as Bell is concerned. If your Leader is a clown 🤡 What do you expect? 0-3 is about right.
If I were you guys I would plan less victory parties on our C. Talk less smack that you can’t cash in from now to week 13.
I tried to send this to you by PM but you have opted out of this option. So here ya go!!

jamesdeane Wrote:I don't know how to do the bold type to single out part of what you said so:

Granny Bear-"The refs? Well, what do you do? Most of the flags thrown were valid."

I agree 100% with you. Most of the flags were warranted. If you're a ref, do you not make the calls?

When you are posting or quoting a post and you want to "bold" a subject, put your mouse on the first part of the phrase. Click and hold, and highlight all of the phrase. Then click on the black B in the top left corner. That will bold your phrase. Same thing for Italics and Underline!

Hope this helps!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I've thought a whole lot about this game and was so thankful to WYMT for televising it!!!

I don't know what it looked like on tv, but Coach Haddix was way out on the field yelling at refs all night. I'm not being critical of him, but you act like Coach Hilton was the only 1 yelling at officials. It was a highly emotional game and both sides wanted it bad. Corbin did just as much after the play as Bell did. That was obvious. To paint 1 team as the bad guy watching that game last night is off base. Both teams did not handle themselves great and the officiating was suspect at best. The 3 minute hurdle after each play was not needed. If you throw a flag tell them what for and move on. I understand sometimes you have things to discuss with yardage and down, but not every flag.
ArJay Wrote:I don't know what it looked like on tv, but Coach Haddix was way out on the field yelling at refs all night. I'm not being critical of him, but you act like Coach Hilton was the only 1 yelling at officials. It was a highly emotional game and both sides wanted it bad. Corbin did just as much after the play as Bell did. That was obvious. To paint 1 team as the bad guy watching that game last night is off base. Both teams did not handle themselves great and the officiating was suspect at best. The 3 minute hurdle after each play was not needed. If you throw a flag tell them what for and move on. I understand sometimes you have things to discuss with yardage and down, but not every flag.

Look, Dudley is a hall of gamer. But with that said, Dudley isn't being evaluated on his temperament on last night alone. Dudley is a motivator and he gets a lot out of his kids. But he's been whiner and sore loser his whole career. The whole not shaking hands, etc....that's just Dudley being Dudley.

No suprises with that guy. When you consistently beat him, he ain't your friend!
ArJay Wrote:Some of the officials were from Bell County. But they are from MIDDLESBORO! Bell and Middlesboro hate each other much like Corbin and Bell (not the people just the name in the jersey). I'm not saying they cheated or anything like that, but there was no favoritism.

Two were from middlesboro. One of the refs had his sons play for dudley at Bell. I do agree that there was no favoritism though, it was just a horrible job of officiating.
ArJay Wrote:I don't know what it looked like on tv, but Coach Haddix was way out on the field yelling at refs all night. I'm not being critical of him, but you act like Coach Hilton was the only 1 yelling at officials. It was a highly emotional game and both sides wanted it bad. Corbin did just as much after the play as Bell did. That was obvious. To paint 1 team as the bad guy watching that game last night is off base. Both teams did not handle themselves great and the officiating was suspect at best. The 3 minute hurdle after each play was not needed. If you throw a flag tell them what for and move on. I understand sometimes you have things to discuss with yardage and down, but not every flag.

Coach Haddix did yell at the officials but I didn't see him throwing a temper tantrum all the way crossing the field. If you think I painted one team as the bad guy, then you my friend aren't very objective.

I agree with your statement about the officials. Even if all the flags were warranted, they badly effected the pace of the game. That shouldn't happen.
Granny Bear Wrote:Coach Haddix did yell at the officials but I didn't see him throwing a temper tantrum all the way crossing the field. If you think I painted one team as the bad guy, then you my friend aren't very objective.

I agree with your statement about the officials. Even if all the flags were warranted, they badly effected the pace of the game. That shouldn't happen.

You were saying Bell players were throwing punches and Corbin players were just being verbal in a nutshell. I found that to be inaccurate. Coach Hilton wasn't way out on the field most of the game like Haddix yelling. Again, not being critical just stating facts.
The Bell Co players WERE throwing punches. Corbin wasn't innocent at all and I think I've covered that. I saw one Corbin player nearly pull another Corbin player's jersy off trying to get him out of the way. There was very little difference in the attitudes of both teams. However, when the BC player went down with leg cramps, Hilton stomped the entire way across the field flailing his arms and acting like a spoiled kid. I saw much more of his antics than those from Haddix. Guess that was just the camera angle. But his refusal to shake hands after the game is just inexcusable, in my opinion. Terrible example for the team.
Still going to say that the officials didn’t take the game away, but they took Bells mind off the game (but corbins players kept their heads in the game). With a good officiating crew this game would’ve been good. Bells plan early on was working but a fumble returned touchdown and then 2 penalties that back you way up and you “didn’t” get it on fourth down of that drive when they took 10 minutes to measure. That’s where we lost the game. Cause our minds were gone. Some big plays happened after that though, like before halftime when 4 scrambles for a touchdown. First drive we punt in 2nd half but the next few were put back on penalties. We had opportunities to win and Corbin had opportunities to drive it down our throats in the second half but those were taken away by officials. If everyone on the team can get over the fact refs hate Dudley and the bobcats, what people were screaming in the stands, then this would’ve been a 4th quarter one score battle. We still have work to do in the football aspect, but once we can develop our minds to play through adversity, the Corbin Bell rematch will be one amazing game.
Hound05 Wrote:HAhaha. No other nice way to put this. You’re an idiot. Go cry some more who we steal your players.

I guess you forgot about the fumble we had on the goal line opening the game haha.

^No football sense what so ever

Lol. I think Mayfield fans would say the same about you. I don't run a school, so you're not stealing kids from me. But you acknowledge that majority of your kids shouldn't be at Corbin. Good job on that. Another year of the Corbin faithful claiming they can beat the Patriots, only to get beat by Belfry or Boyle. Lol.

By the way, it's "How" we steal your players. Not who.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Lol. I think Mayfield fans would say the same about you. I don't run a school, so you're not stealing kids from me. But you acknowledge that majority of your kids shouldn't be at Corbin. Good job on that. Another year of the Corbin faithful claiming they can beat the Patriots, only to get beat by Belfry or Boyle. Lol.

By the way, it's "How" we steal your players. Not who.

Are you a Mayfield fan? So how does their win over Corbin equate with you? Yes your glad we got beat but it wasn’t by Your team... constantly having to live vicariously through others victories must really suck. If these kids shouldn’t be at Corbin quote me what law or laws are being broken or why they shouldn’t be there not just an opinion.
I’m gonna try and take the high road here and just compliment Bell Co on how much they improved, yuck that tasted bad. It is true though and I have to say I was actually surprised from last year to now the difference in the team. The qb maybe the most talented kid we’ve played so far this year only comparable kids in 3A I’ve seen are probably at Boyle and Central, gonna be seeing him on TV soon. With that being said I still don’t see us losing the next time around either but everyone has their own opinions... good luck going forward hope everyone stays healthy and see you in a few weeks!!
chs crazy Wrote:Are you a Mayfield fan? So how does their win over Corbin equate with you? Yes your glad we got beat but it wasn’t by Your team... constantly having to live vicariously through others victories must really suck. If these kids shouldn’t be at Corbin quote me what law or laws are being broken or why they shouldn’t be there not just an opinion.

Not a Mayfield fan or hater, just pointing out that Hounds05 speaks out of both sides of his mouth. True, I don't root for Corbin, but could care less either way. It is hilarious how Corbin people think everyone in the state cares about their team as much as they do. News flash!! Only Corbin people care about Corbin football. Only ones living vicariously through other people are the adults in a certain community who live several months of their lives through high school kids playing a game. Lol. As far as rules being broken, explain to everyone on here how kids live in several different counties, but play ball at Corbin Independent. Not like they're a private school. But congrats on winning a high school football game.
BellMiddle Wrote:Still going to say that the officials didn’t take the game away, but they took Bells mind off the game (but corbins players kept their heads in the game). With a good officiating crew this game would’ve been good. Bells plan early on was working but a fumble returned touchdown and then 2 penalties that back you way up and you “didn’t” get it on fourth down of that drive when they took 10 minutes to measure. That’s where we lost the game. Cause our minds were gone. Some big plays happened after that though, like before halftime when 4 scrambles for a touchdown. First drive we punt in 2nd half but the next few were put back on penalties. We had opportunities to win and Corbin had opportunities to drive it down our throats in the second half but those were taken away by officials. If everyone on the team can get over the fact refs hate Dudley and the bobcats, what people were screaming in the stands, then this would’ve been a 4th quarter one score battle. We still have work to do in the football aspect, but once we can develop our minds to play through adversity, the Corbin Bell rematch will be one amazing game.
I respectfully disagree. It didn't seem like Corbin knew where they were most of the first half. I also don't think the refs hate Dudley. He is a puppet master to most of them! Bell gave Corbin a couple of opportunities to advance in the game and they took full advantage.

chs crazy Wrote:I’m gonna try and take the high road here and just compliment Bell Co on how much they improved, yuck that tasted bad. It is true though and I have to say I was actually surprised from last year to now the difference in the team. The qb maybe the most talented kid we’ve played so far this year only comparable kids in 3A I’ve seen are probably at Boyle and Central, gonna be seeing him on TV soon. With that being said I still don’t see us losing the next time around either but everyone has their own opinions... good luck going forward hope everyone stays healthy and see you in a few weeks!!
I don't know where that kid came from, but he has impressed my socks off!!! Great field vision and he has an uncanny ability to know when to run. He also has the TALENT to run!! As SUR would say, that kid passes my :CE_DP_Ste test!!!
Congrats to the Red Hounds on a hard earned victory.

Sounds like it was a typical Bell Co vs Corbin game from an extracurricular activities perspective.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Not a Mayfield fan or hater, just pointing out that Hounds05 speaks out of both sides of his mouth. True, I don't root for Corbin, but could care less either way. It is hilarious how Corbin people think everyone in the state cares about their team as much as they do. News flash!! Only Corbin people care about Corbin football. Only ones living vicariously through other people are the adults in a certain community who live several months of their lives through high school kids playing a game. Lol. As far as rules being broken, explain to everyone on here how kids live in several different counties, but play ball at Corbin Independent. Not like they're a private school. But congrats on winning a high school football game.

You never answered ONE of my questions just attempted to spin everything, you don’t care about Corbin but troll our threads posting loses to teams not your own. I don’t have to live vicariously through anyone I played sports and am a Corbin Alum simply supporting the kids the same way I was supported and it shows what you know about our community, kids are supported and encouraged in everything not just one single sport, we want the best academics for our kids too. Again what laws and rules are being broken by kids attending school here, are there any or are you just assuming so to fit your narrative? The better question is why are so many choosing to not attend school there, it’s not something we put in the water here and your not complaining about kids leaving Corbin wonder why?
Congrats to my Redhounds! I think we need to do a better job next time on a few things as far as the game is concerned. First and foremost we need to do something to make the Bobcats feel better. Maybe have the coaches a steak dinner, feed their team. Let them have our press box and we sit in the visitor press box. Basically, just give them whatever they need. Hospitality! Show them how it is done. All while doing so, we continue to beat their a$$ on the field. Maybe that’s why Hilton trots so fast and yells so loud and him and his team are so Grumpy.
As far as last nights game, we played too high on emotions the first half. There were several tense moments and swings in this game. Second half was more settled. We got first downs, didn’t make as many mistakes. The defense tackled better, and was more like what we were in a normal game. Bell has 2 great players. But these 2 players (#4-#25) is why they run up the score. Take away #4 and they would be a .500 or less team. #25 is a brute and pretty swift on his feet for his size. But he can’t take a beating and last 4 quarters. They are not deep at all and can’t replace these players. We were without our #5. It affects us, yes. But we have #8, #1, #6 that can step in and do his job without Changing the game plan. #12 has to be nursing an injury as well. Seems he has been favoring an ankle. He had 1 rush for 25 yards or so last night for a touchdown.
Basically not one person on this site can dispute the fact that Corbin was tired the second half. They play one way. They have actually played a tuff schedule leading up to this point. That helps. They have been hit in the mouth and got up and played the next play. As I said last week leading up to the game. We have more depth, team speed, better defense, and better overall coaching staff. We meet again in the playoffs the game won’t be close. Unfinished Business. One more thing, why won’t anyone from bell respond at how Hilton acts, lack of sportsmanship? Hopefully they showed it and talked about him on TV.
I think that the competitive scheduling for Corbin paid dividends last night.

Also, you can't blame the fans for their coach's demeanor. Bell has some of the nicest folks in the world down there. I sure wouldn't talk negatively about our coach on a public forum.
I’m not blaming a fan of Bell at all. I just wonder why so many have commented including yourself on his lack of sportsmanship. They avoid it completely. As for myself. If coach Haddix acted that way I would disagree with that behavior and wonder what is more important. I’d complain! Being a coach is not just about teaching the game. Life and how to act/react in public is part of the job as well. You aren’t always gonna win at the game of life, but how a loser reacts defines the person.
Bell Co said they were going to give it to Corbin. They did. Thanks for the win, Bobcats!!!
Bell County finally played a competitive football team. Their lack of scheduling and depth showed up big time in the second half. This one will trend even further to Crobin's favor come playoff time.
I personally saw a bell coach (not dud) Walk Over to the Corbin sideline and get in a fans face. He as over there because bells QB was cramping.

Also if bell wants the playoff game to be competitive they need to get some discipline and wind sprints.

Bell was gased early in third. Most likely due to their weak schedule.
My other thought which is far out but did anyone else think of a little mini Hitler when they saw Dudley stomping up and down the sidelines? He has this big act which incites his loyal fanbase to believe in the impossible. Yes, he was once great but if you believe in bell being a state championship team you are drinking the dud aid.
Boy, I could blow this thread up about sportsmanship, but I ain’t gonna!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6