Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 50 - Powell County 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Game took a turn when PC's Skidmore went down six minutes in and played limited minutes the rest of the game. Good job Bobcats. 🙏 all players injured are ok.
Big win Bobcats!!
WOW! I figured this game was Powell County's. Congrats Breathitt County.
Congrats to Bobcats
The bobcats exceeded my expectations I said they’d win 40 do 34 ended up winning it 50 to 34. Powell came in with the big head and got it deflated by the more physical bobcats. Good win Coach Moore how long has it been since they won the district?
Wasn’t in attendance but got updates throughout the game. Sounded like a hard fought game by both sides and congrats to Bobcats on their District Championship
legend66 Wrote:The bobcats exceeded my expectations I said they’d win 40 do 34 ended up winning it 50 to 34. Powell came in with the big head and got it deflated by the more physical bobcats. Good win Coach Moore how long has it been since they won the district?
How did Powell play after Skidmore went down? I know he came back in for limited reps but how did it effect the efficiency of the team?
Well tough loss but give breathitt credit they made 2 catches that shouldn’t have been caught but the dbs weren’t there to make the plays and they had 2 picks as well and quite honestly they did play more physical. But the pirates will bounce back I’m sure I said weeks ago not to look over this team that they would play ball and breathitt proved me right.
Huge win because it makes a possible matchup in round 1 with Jackson County. A much more favorable matchup than Casey County.
Congrats Breathitt. Nice win.
Bigdog54 Wrote:How did Powell play after Skidmore went down? I know he came back in for limited reps but how did it effect the efficiency of the team?

Efficiency took a hit on both sides of the ball when he went down and was limited.
Bigdog54 Wrote:How did Powell play after Skidmore went down? I know he came back in for limited reps but how did it effect the efficiency of the team?

They didn’t have a lot of efficiency I mean they had a kid or two make some plays but by no means could they pick up the slack in the run game Trent was doing okay breathitt ended up rattling him I think and injuring him as well
The Bobcat Special Teams are definitely the weak 🔗 of the team in 2018.
Looks like if Breathitt wins next week they will play McCreary Central as they defeated Jackson County tonight.
Kickoff return didn't do terrible for breathitt although the punt team could use some work. Also I remember someone was talking about Powell having a lead tackler the Bobcats put him out once didn't they #44?
Congrats to Breathitt. Breathitt vs McCreary Central in playoffs.
legend66 Wrote:Kickoff return didn't do terrible for breathitt although the punt team could use some work. Also I remember someone was talking about Powell having a lead tackler the Bobcats put him out once didn't they #44?

Previous injury that started bothering him pretty bad last night. Also on that note, Breathitt County’s football has the rudest players I’ve ever seen. Couldn’t take a knee and have good sportsmanship. Pathetic and I would be ashamed if those were my kids.
PoCofootball Wrote:Previous injury that started bothering him pretty bad last night. Also on that note, Breathitt County’s football has the rudest players I’ve ever seen. Couldn’t take a knee and have good sportsmanship. Pathetic and I would be ashamed if those were my kids.

On another note do you condone the actions of your coaches ans players yelling and cursing a storm simply because they were getting beat i could hear them from the stands.
That is something i would be ashamed about grown men and women acting terribly.
I didn't really notice the kids doing anything. But unfortunately i must agree the Powell side did get a bit hectic maybe the baddest Ive seen in my time as a Pirate.
All of the behaviors aside for a 📬 or two. How is the Skidmore 👦?. I know he tried to play and help his team last 🌃 while injured. 🙏 he is 👌 and did not suffer a long term injury that may impact his future in any way.
legend66 Wrote:On another note do you condone the actions of your coaches ans players yelling and cursing a storm simply because they were getting beat i could hear them from the stands.

For one, I’m pretty sure you didn’t hear our coaches or players cursing. I was sitting there and know they weren’t, people in the stands maybe. Second, yes, our coaches and players were yelling, mostly at our players on the field, some at the refs because some of the calls they made were crap. Like a Breathitt player made a horse-collar tackle right infront of us and the ref, nothing done about it. When something like that happens you should expect for your coaches, players and fans to get mad. Third, nobody was yelling or cursing due to losing. Simply yelling because we don’t want to see players getting injured and it’s ridiculous that the refs just sat by and watched it happen. Winning or losing, I promise everyone will get mad when something like that happens to their player and nothing is done about it. What about Breathitts band playing when Skidmore went down? I didn’t mention the band in my first comment because what happens in the stands is a little different than what should happen on the field. Anyway, what happened last night is over and everything is done. My comment was just about the Breathitt players being disrespectful when Powell’s players were hurt. I promise, had a Breathitt player went down like a couple of ours had (which I would never wish on any team) every single player on Powell’s team would have taken a knee. Like I said it’s all over and done, I wish Breathitt goodluck in Playoffs but hope they learn some better sportsmanship.
PoCofootball Wrote:For one, I’m pretty sure you didn’t hear our coaches or players cursing. I was sitting there and know they weren’t, people in the stands maybe. Second, yes, our coaches and players were yelling, mostly at our players on the field, some at the refs because some of the calls they made were crap. Like a Breathitt player made a horse-collar tackle right infront of us and the ref, nothing done about it. When something like that happens you should expect for your coaches, players and fans to get mad. Third, nobody was yelling or cursing due to losing. Simply yelling because we don’t want to see players getting injured and it’s ridiculous that the refs just sat by and watched it happen. Winning or losing, I promise everyone will get mad when something like that happens to their player and nothing is done about it. What about Breathitts band playing when Skidmore went down? I didn’t mention the band in my first comment because what happens in the stands is a little different than what should happen on the field. Anyway, what happened last night is over and everything is done. My comment was just about the Breathitt players being disrespectful when Powell’s players were hurt. I promise, had a Breathitt player went down like a couple of ours had (which I would never wish on any team) every single player on Powell’s team would have taken a knee. Like I said it’s all over and done, I wish Breathitt goodluck in Playoffs but hope they learn some better sportsmanship.
Sportsmanship is great and all but at the end of the day it ain’t exactly whats winning ballgames. If EITHIER of these 2 teams don’t learn how to play defense it’ll be a very short run in November. I’m sure coach Moore and coach Kincaid are going to be working at it the next few weeks! Prayin that the Skidmore boy is going to be okay to try and make a run for the Pirates in a few weeks!
PoCofootball Wrote:For one, I’m pretty sure you didn’t hear our coaches or players cursing. I was sitting there and know they weren’t, people in the stands maybe. Second, yes, our coaches and players were yelling, mostly at our players on the field, some at the refs because some of the calls they made were crap. Like a Breathitt player made a horse-collar tackle right infront of us and the ref, nothing done about it. When something like that happens you should expect for your coaches, players and fans to get mad. Third, nobody was yelling or cursing due to losing. Simply yelling because we don’t want to see players getting injured and it’s ridiculous that the refs just sat by and watched it happen. Winning or losing, I promise everyone will get mad when something like that happens to their player and nothing is done about it. What about Breathitts band playing when Skidmore went down? I didn’t mention the band in my first comment because what happens in the stands is a little different than what should happen on the field. Anyway, what happened last night is over and everything is done. My comment was just about the Breathitt players being disrespectful when Powell’s players were hurt. I promise, had a Breathitt player went down like a couple of ours had (which I would never wish on any team) every single player on Powell’s team would have taken a knee. Like I said it’s all over and done, I wish Breathitt goodluck in Playoffs but hope they learn some better sportsmanship.

Sir I heard and saw the long haired coach curse and going crazy saw the refee have to tell multiple players to be quiet and worst of all i saw 66 on your team throw his helmet on the ground in the direction of fans if that is how Powell handles adversity they are in trouble.
Bigdog54 Wrote:Sportsmanship is great and all but at the end of the day it ain’t exactly whats winning ballgames. If EITHIER of these 2 teams don’t learn how to play defense it’ll be a very short run in November. I’m sure coach Moore and coach Kincaid are going to be working at it the next few weeks! Prayin that the Skidmore boy is going to be okay to try and make a run for the Pirates in a few weeks!
Neither team has very good odds of making it past round 2. No disrespect intended with that statement.
legend66 Wrote:Sir I heard and saw the long haired coach curse and going crazy saw the refee have to tell multiple players to be quiet and worst of all i saw 66 on your team throw his helmet on the ground in the direction of fans if that is how Powell handles adversity they are in trouble.

Ok dude, if all that happened, it wasn’t toward Breathitt County’s football team. It was torward the refs and their calls. If Powell’s team acted out or said anything out of line to the refs, then the coaches will take care of that. As for taking a knee is respect for the ACTUAL football team and the injured player. However, I see you have your mind set so I'm done trying to get my point across to you. Have a nice day, Sir.
Breathitt being sportsmanship? Ha, that's the funniest thing I've read all day the refs are awful up there I've seen blocks in the back, I've seen injured players, teams taking knees for injured players while breathitt is standing up talking and going on. when you go to jackson you better be prepared because not only are you facing breathitt, your facing the refs too
Hammerin' Hank Wrote:Breathitt being sportsmanship? Ha, that's the funniest thing I've read all day the refs are awful up there I've seen blocks in the bank, I've seen injured players, teams taking knees for injured players while breathitt is standing up talking and going on. when you go to jackson you better be prepared because not only are you facing breathitt, your facing the refs too

Amen to that. Absolutely horrible.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Neither team has very good odds of making it past round 2. No disrespect intended with that statement.
Understood. Powell will have to play a lot better than they did last night to make it out of Round 1. Casey Co. is a 3 seed in district 8 but they ain’t no slouch. They have that big running back and a solid defense. Took everything Powell Co. had last year to knock them off including a goal line stand at the end. That will be a very good game to watch in Stanton but i believe Kincaid will have those boys ready to compete.
When I coach youth teams I teach that you win with class and you lose with class. Emotions do get the best of all of us at times but we must control ourselves. It's called being adults. I have seen a lack of emotional discipline from my 🏠 town team on several occasions over the years. I keep hoping it will get better.
Pages: 1 2