Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Bath County 10/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here we go, this one is for the District Championship. This is the game in District that Russell and Bath County fans have been waiting for.

Thoughts?
Russell wins.
C-A-T-S Cats Cats Cats
If Russell plays 4 quarters of turnover free and the 'D' continues to play outstanding ball and slow Landon Swartz down then Russell wins. If Russell goes to Bath County and has those turnovers we have seen the last 2 weeks then Bath County will come out with the Win. Bath County's RB Swartz is headed for 2000 rushing yards in his next 2 games. If Russell can slow him down and 'D' shows up and we have a Turnover-Free game then I think Russell wins this game next Friday night. It will be a great game next week.
It’s going to be an all out dog fight on “the hill” Friday night.
If Bath Co is healthy, I think this can be a great game. Russell is playing much better but they haven’t played a quality team since Ironton. I am curious to see how much improvement has actually occurred with the Devils. If Russell has improved, they’ll win. If their lopsided wins prove to be smoke and mirrors based on opponents, Bath Co wins.
Figure out the rugby offense that bath runs and it’s over for the Wild putty tats
Running clock!
KYHSFB Wrote:Running clock!

I don’t Bath County will put a running clock on them. That’s not fair to say that about Russell. They are a good team.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I don’t Bath County will put a running clock on them. That’s not fair to say that about Russell. They are a good team.
I think KYHSFB meant running Clock against Bath County in Russell's favor, but I'm pretty sure there won't be a running clock in this game.
Russell by 3 touchdowns
Bath is less balanced than Russell. This lack of balance will be their undoing, unless they can run against 9 in the box. Gary Morris will run blitz safeties and unless Bath has been sandbagging a prolific passing attack I can’t see them producing enough offensive consistency to beat Russell.
Devils by two scores.
Russell with that said :popcorn:

Russell 42
Bath County 21
I don’t know how many play both way for Russell but I believe quite a few play both ways for Bath. Depending how deep the evils are that may be Baths undoing
Sure seems to be a lot of if’s, undoing’s, unless’s, smoke, mirrors, can’t’s, pretty sure’s, and easy things to figure out for an unbalanced, one dimensional, short handed group that’s just another team in a weak district don’t you think?
There are a lot of ifs. Russell is not the normal Russell. If they were we wouldn’t even be talking about this game.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Sure seems to be a lot of if’s, undoing’s, unless’s, smoke, mirrors, can’t’s, pretty sure’s, and easy things to figure out for an unbalanced, one dimensional, short handed group that’s just another team in a weak district don’t you think?

Until Bath can perform week in and week out like district champions they will be doubted on here. Russell is not very good likely first round or definitely second exit in playoffs but they are the top dawg in this cupcake clan of a district and have put in the performances in district play to support such a claim. To be the man you gotta beat the man and Bath has never come close to being the man.
Just curious, didn’t Russell only beat bath by 1 point last year?
Russell by 14
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:Just curious, didn’t Russell only beat bath by 1 point last year?

1 point or a million. A W is a W unless you put it up side down. Then it’s an M
Russell pulls away in the 2nd half.
Russell 28
Bath 14
Russell 35

Bath County 21
Bath County 28
Russell 21
Bath 32
Russell 13
Bath 22
Russell 20