Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 50 Ballard Memorial 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Despite being outscored in the 2nd Half the Cards hang on for the win
Nice! Congrats Mayfield! Is everyone else in 2A playing for 2nd place? Sure seems like it at this point in the season. But as we all know, anything can happen in November but it sure seems like right now Mayfield is the heavy favorite.
Yawn, next week will be worse!
Congrats to Cards.
I guarantee you CAL and Desales don't feel that way and I know OB Cath is itching for a matchup with the Cards, especially at there place. Somerset and Glasgow won't roll over for them either. A lot of football to be played yet. No one is invincible, especially in a 1 game scenario and when the competition gets better and better the deeper you go in the playoffs.
Mayfield looked like a knife going through hot butter
Did mayfield take a knee in the endzone or was Ballard defense to much for the cardinals in the second half. :popcorn:
The Bombers fumbled the ball at the Cards 2 yard line. The jv offense gave up the safety on the next drive.
Mayfield
Passing
Jayden Stinson 4-4 for 176 yards and 2TD
Conner Guthrie 2-2 for 105 yards and 2TD
Rushing
Kent Trey Matthews rushed 6 times for 59 yards and 3TD

Ballard Memorial
Passing
Erick Marinelli 4-13 for 62 yards and 2 INT
64SUR Wrote:Did mayfield take a knee in the endzone or was Ballard defense to much for the cardinals in the second half. :popcorn:

Mayfield took the starters out at halftime and the freshman bunch took over. It was a monsoon after halftime.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Mayfield took the starters out at halftime and the freshman bunch took over. It was a monsoon after halftime.

Not too many Mayfield fans left at the other place.:truestory:
I know Stinson wasn't 4 for 4 last night.
WHO'S NEXT? Wrote:I know Stinson wasn't 4 for 4 last night.

I think the halftime stats had him x 4 for 6 and I don't think he played in the 2nd half. So between he and Guthrie they were 6 for 8 and 284 yards and 4 TDs.. Think about that? That's a 46 yard average reception and a TD in 2 out of every 3 completions. Wow, that's hard to do against air, much less 11 players on D..
WHO'S NEXT? Wrote:I know Stinson wasn't 4 for 4 last night.

You are right. I got those stats from the Sun. This is what Mayfield had at halftime.

Half Stats
Mayfield
Rushing 43
Passing 283... Stinson 5-7-193, Guthrie 2-2-90-2TD
Total 326

Ballard
Rushing (-)15
Passing 40
Total 25
Vince stated on the coaches show that the offense only ran 12 plays. Anyone know if that is accurate? If so that might be a record for us
Mayfield should try and schedule next year the team that just beat Bowling Green.
blue55 Wrote:Mayfield should try and schedule next year the team that just beat Bowling Green.

Why? I'm happy beating PT 12 yrs in a row.