Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 42 Lewis County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russell with 5 turnovers in this game. Not very many times you can turn the ball over 5 times and win.
Russell finally gets through the boring part of their schedule. Now it’s on to play for the district title next week and on to play Raceland in the final week.
Congrats to Russell
Russell has to work on these lapses like last week in the 3rd quarter and this week in the 1st quarter where they turn the ball over 2 or 3 times. If they can cut this out and play 4 quarters mistake free this team is playing outstanding ball right now. I know most fans will say well look at the teams they have played over last 5 games to go 5-3 but after the Ashland game they could have just given up and lost 2 or 3 more game during this stretch. They had tough game vs. West Carter and Fleming County on the road that could have been games they could have lost. The Defense has really turned it around and allowed only 4 point a game in the last 5 games. We now get to see after these 5 games and going 5-0 outscoring teams 46-4 how good this Russell team is getting Bath County on the Road and then the big Raceland game. If we come out and eliminate the turnovers that we have seen like last week in the 3rd quarter and this week in the 1st quarter and play outstanding the 4 quarters I believe we beat Bath County on the Road. The Raceland game will still be an outstanding game and if Russell's Defense plays like it has over the last 5 games and have 0 turnovers this game will go down to the last team that has the ball. Russell has to work on in the next couple of weeks before the Playoffs is to not have these lapses where it looks like they are not in the game. The first quarter tonight and last week's 3rd quarter was horrible to watch and there was no focus on the field by the Devils. If they eliminate this and play outstanding 4 quarters this team beat Bath County and give Raceland a great game in two weeks. I know a lot of fans after the Ashland Game thought this team as so far down that they wouldn't bounce back for remainder of the season. I believe they are playing there best ball especially on 'D' and the offense is looking better since the first 3 games. Russell just has to play 4 quarters with total focus on the field in the next 2 weeks and if they do this they could finish 7-3 overall and 5-0 in the district. If they come out against these two outstanding teams Bath County and Raceland has these lapses like in 1st quarter and have 4 or 5 turnovers then they will be 5-5 to end the season and 4-1 and runner-up in the district.
Congrats to TJ. Seems he has things back on track after a tough start against 3 good teams.
Congrats Russell