Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final Cov Cath 21 Highlands 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As expected. But Highlands played well. Took the air out of ball and played keep away from Cov Cath. Too bad it rained. If they meet again in playoffs. It will be the same result. Cov Cath looked flat.
bo67 Wrote:As expected. But Highlands played well. Took the air out of ball and played keep away from Cov Cath. Too bad it rained. If they meet again in playoffs. It will be the same result. Cov Cath looked flat.

As expected???? I thought you said it was going to be a blow out?
Cov Cath was not Cov Cath tonight. I dint know that was going to happen. Everyone has an off night
There were A LOT people that predicted a blow out
Will HHS beat Cov Cath if they meet in playoffs? Your turn for a prediction
bo67 Wrote:Will HHS beat Cov Cath if they meet in playoffs? Your turn for a prediction

It would be foolish to make a prediction about a game that is still several weeks away.
Ok I was wrong Along with many others. Highlands is better than Bishop and Cathedral???And Male would beat Beechwood 21 to 14??
I’ll predict HHS wins their first playoff game. ��
They swung at the king and missed. Next one wont be so close.
bo67 Wrote:There were A LOT people that predicted a blow out

Brother, I was one of the ones that predicted a blowout! I am shocked by this score and was dead wrong! First off congrats Cov.Cath on the narrow win. Second, congrats to Highlands on a well played and executed game plan and proving all the doubters wrong who said you didnt stand a chance. I've said all year that Cov.Cath, IMO, is the best team in Kentucky regardless of class. Was this just an off night for Cov.Cath, have they finally been exposed in a week area of their game, or is Highlands a helluva lot better than most thought?
This game was MUCH CLOSER than I figured. Congrats to both teams.
Highlands played a smart game. Used a lot of clock. They’re better than I thought. But Cov Cath quit running bread and butter plays. And they looked flat. Highlands had no answer for the jet sweep and a couple other plays. If they meet in the playoffs. Highlands should go with the same game plan. But I still think Cov Cath wins
Congrats to Cov Cath. Highlands showed that are a factor.
Wow....I’m thinking :popcorn:
#55PirateFan Wrote:Brother, I was one of the ones that predicted a blowout! I am shocked by this score and was dead wrong! First off congrats Cov.Cath on the narrow win. Second, congrats to Highlands on a well played and executed game plan and proving all the doubters wrong who said you didnt stand a chance. I've said all year that Cov.Cath, IMO, is the best team in Kentucky regardless of class. Was this just an off night for Cov.Cath, have they finally been exposed in a week area of their game, or is Highlands a helluva lot better than most thought?

I don’t know if this was an off night for covcath or not first time I’ve seen them I will tell you Highlands is better than people give them credit they wanted to take the Scott County game and say they were terrible if you look back in the thread of the Scott County game I stated that Scott county was not very impressive it was just one of those nights where everything went wrong for Highlands. their offense game has improved. Highlands was one play away from Tying this game up with two minutes to go in the game. HHS QB struggled and threw costly ints that lead to two scores for covcath and stopped a hhs score. WR’s stepped up tonight and made some difficult catches. Best thrown ball was pass dropped that would have tied the game. And I also think Buten Looks better at RB than schwaback
sstack Wrote:I don’t know if this was an off night for covcath or not first time I’ve seen them I will tell you Highlands is better than people give them credit they wanted to take the Scott County game and say they were terrible if you look back in the thread of the Scott County game I stated that Scott county was not very impressive it was just one of those nights where everything went wrong for Highlands. their offense game has gottenhighlands was one play away from Tying this came up with two minutes to go in the game. HHS QB struggled and threw costly ints that lead to two scores for covcath and stopped a hhs score. WR’s stepped up tonight and made some difficult catches. Best thrown ball was pass dropped that would have tied the game. And I also think Buten Looks better at RB than schwaback

You say Highlands is better than what people give them credit for? No argument here! Losing to one of the best, and in my opinion THE best, team in Kentucky by only one score made a believer out of me. I don't care if this was an off night for Cov.Cath it's still an impressive feat.
#55PirateFan Wrote:You say Highlands is better than what people give them credit for? No argument here! Losing to one of the best, and in my opinion THE best, team in Kentucky by only one score made a believer out of me. I don't care if this was an off night for Cov.Cath it's still an impressive feat.

I did not think covcath looked “great” like a lot of people have been saying. HHS hurt themselves with turnovers tonight and big dropped TD pass or they could of come out with the win. Best thing to see is HHS playing aggressive and hungry which lacked last two years. Not a great Highlands team but good and one of the top 5A teams
Cov Cath literally looked like garbage tonight. They played scared and injured. Not good. Highlands is good but they are not the best team Cch has faced thus far. Cov Cath better focus on the matter at hand. A win is a win but they have lots of room for improvement. This score should embarrass them.
Cov Cath defense seemed like they were holding back.
64SUR Wrote:Wow....I’m thinking :popcorn:

I doubt it :lmao:
Covington Catholic may not have played there best game tonight, but, you had to know Highlands was going to bring there A game against there biggest rival. Plus CC may as well get used to playing with a target on there back. Comes with the territory of being the team to beat. Highlands has done it for years and it's not as easy as most think. Championship teams needs game like this to keep the edge and focus and not get complacent.
Cov Cath banged up. With the schedule they it’s going to happen. They healthy. Next game will be a different story if they play Highlands again
Cov Cath looked flat last night and Highlands played their best game of the year. I still believe Cov Cath is 3 tds better than the birds and will dismantle them come playoff time.
Highlands had been putting up big numbers I said they’d be luckily to score 14. And that’s all they got. Cov Cath also fumbled. When they were driving for an apparent TD. And their QB missed some WIDE open receivers.
bo67 Wrote:Highlands had been putting up big numbers I said they’d be luckily to score 14. And that’s all they got. Cov Cath also fumbled. When they were driving for an apparent TD. And their QB missed some WIDE open receivers.

You point out Covington Catholic’s fumble but you forget to point out highlands turnovers that resulted in a 21 point swing so give credit where credit is due highlands definitely is missing star QB play. He was helped out a lot by his wide receivers stepping up last night and making some very good catches. His best pass of the night was dropped that would’ve been tying touchdown. So he too had some drops Not just Covington Catholic’s QB. Still feel highlands offense has a lot of weaknesses. I stated I was not impressed with highlands running backs for the past several years but I thought Buten did a very good job last night better than Schwabach. I’m curious what Highlands has in the pipeline at the QB position because it to me that’s a glaring weakness
Nky guru Wrote:Cov Cath looked flat last night and Highlands played their best game of the year. I still believe Cov Cath is 3 tds better than the birds and will dismantle them come playoff time.

After last nights game I don’t know how you can say they will dismantle them. I would still have them as a favorite. Cov Cath did not do a whole lot on offense two of their touchdowns came on turnovers and very very short yardage I believe it was 10 yards and 3 yards for scores. Highlands had bad starting field position most of night and bad TO’s. Turn that around in next matchup and who knows what happens. It will be interesting to se coaching in next game, Who makes the better adjustments. And for the record Highlands coaching last several minutes of this game was very poor, Very poor clock management
I sent Highlands coach an email. Saying I know it was a loss. But great game plan. He responded. Thank you!!!!!
I think the playoff rematch, assuming it happens, will be a completely different story. I knew this game would be an eye opener for Cov Cath. I don’t think coach Eviston will allow an abysmal repeat performance. Highlands is clearly a good team....but Cov Cath was atrocious.
bo67 Wrote:I sent Highlands coach an email. Saying I know it was a loss. But great game plan. He responded. Thank you!!!!!

What about coaching in last 3 mins? I thought it was poor clock management.
Yeah. That wasn’t pretty. But overall the way they approached the game on offense. Slowing it down. And mixing up the defense was good
Pages: 1 2