Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 6 Belfry 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score
Will Ward...Winning pitcher
wow
This Pikeville team appears to be getting it together at the right time.
Belfry pitched a lower pitcher, but they didnt score. Just didnt hit the ball well. I guess you can say it was just a day for everything you hit goes right at somebody.
Pikeville played really well in this one. This past week has been the best they have played all year! I think they are turning things around, and are about to become a serious competitor!
Also, it was great to see how Pikeville showed that an 11 run inning was a fluke...the Panthers are playing like "pikeville baseball" for the first time since last year!
Wow..pikeville Wins!
If Belfry would have pitched on of there top three pitchers and played the few starters that didnt start it would have been different. Pikeville did look alot better and this kid that pitched was better than the first. Belfry came in flat and really looked like they may have taken Pikeville lightly. Hope we meet in the region and then we can settle the score.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:If Belfry would have pitched on of there top three pitchers and played the few starters that didnt start it would have been different. Pikeville did look alot better and this kid that pitched was better than the first. Belfry came in flat and really looked like they may have taken Pikeville lightly. Hope we meet in the region and then we can settle the score.
What started didn't play? Also to Pikeviles credit I dont care if Randy Johnson is pitching for Belfry, you dont score you dont win, Belfry just didnt hti the ball or play. I think they are a better team than Pikeville but not Saturday.
Other than Preston the pitcher, the lineup was the same as the first game.
It is kind of hard to beat anyone with 0 runs...Really doesn't matter who is pitching at that point...
Congrats Pikeville
mountainsfanforever Wrote:It is kind of hard to beat anyone with 0 runs...Really doesn't matter who is pitching at that point...

agreed. hits count
Pikeville is a much better team than anyone has really gotten to see...the past week to two weeks, they have stepped up their play tremendously...u can see it happening as u sit in the stands and watch...i hope peopl econtinue to look over them!
bball fan Wrote:This Pikeville team appears to be getting it together at the right time.

i agree, they struggled with pitching in early season. They had alright batting and fielding
You guys are crazy, I agree with Kyle_88. If Belfry would have pitched any one of there top three it would have been different. Its true if you can't score you can't win but if you pitch somone good then the other team wouldn't have scored either. I mean you saw what happened at Pikeville when Williamson pitched.
Pikeville didn't start one of their top 3 pitchers either.
Strike_Three Wrote:You guys are crazy, I agree with Kyle_88. If Belfry would have pitched any one of there top three it would have been different. Its true if you can't score you can't win but if you pitch somone good then the other team wouldn't have scored either. I mean you saw what happened at Pikeville when Williamson pitched.
You mean when Pikeville scored 6 runs off of him?
5 of them were unearned, he only gave up one earned run.
well i will say this, if Belfry Pitched Runyon, Dotson. or Williamson and Pikeville pitched Will Ward it would be a better game. Ward is by far pikeville's best pitcher from what ive seen.
I hope Belfry faces Pikeville in the region we will see then. I have watched both teams all year, Belfry came in flat thinking it would be easy. Won't be that way next time, Hagy will pitch one of the top 3 pitchers and Pikeville can pitch who they want. Dotson , May, Taylor, Williamson, Kohari, Runyon and the rest of the Pirates will show their bats and arms. Pikeville will have to eat crow for thinking they are the better team.
You guys are ridiculous...In the first game, the first inning was a fluke...period...If you think different then you know nothing about baseball...

Ward is Pikeville's 3rd to 4th arm...I dont know exactly...Belfry won one, and Pikeville won one, regardless of the score in the second game, it was a lot closer to the capability of the two teams...

In the first game, can anyone tell me how many walks were issued by PIkeville's starting pitcher? It was a lot, and then after the first inning, Pikeville outscored Belfry for the rest of the game.
I think it was about 6 or 7 walks and 2 or 3 errors.
Lets All Hope We Get The Chance To See Them Play Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kyle5_88 Wrote:If Belfry would have pitched on of there top three pitchers and played the few starters that didnt start it would have been different. Pikeville did look alot better and this kid that pitched was better than the first. Belfry came in flat and really looked like they may have taken Pikeville lightly. Hope we meet in the region and then we can settle the score.

Might as well throw in a few more excuses. If the sun wouldn't have got in their eyes, and they didn't have bad karma, and if three starters hadn't had tummy aches, maybe they would have scored a run, and only got beat 6-1.
Strike_Three Wrote:You guys are crazy, I agree with Kyle_88. If Belfry would have pitched any one of there top three it would have been different. Its true if you can't score you can't win but if you pitch somone good then the other team wouldn't have scored either. I mean you saw what happened at Pikeville when Williamson pitched.

:nope:

But they didn't pitch any of them and they lost plain and simple. Shoulda, woulda, and coulda never did anything. You over looked the Panthers and got beat because you couldn't hit the wee man Will Ward. Take your loss and try again later.
Pikeville is just better than Belfry over all except maybe football and thats just one sport.
pikevillepanther#32 Wrote:Pikeville is just better than Belfry over all except maybe football and thats just one sport.

*Edited for content*
in the last two years in baseball belfry has won 2 of three.
won in basketball and total domantion in football.
Strike_Three Wrote:*Edited for content*
in the last two years in baseball belfry has won 2 of three.
won in basketball and total domantion in football.

I actually remember Pikeville beating Belfry in basketball.
i wonder how Pikeville wins @ belfry 6-0 but belfry comes over to Pikeville and demolishes them.